Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search for anything over all teams (also public team I'm not member)

I'd like to find anything I'm looking for even I'm not a member of a public team. Maybe there should be a possibility do decide if I like to search only within teams I'm member or teams I'm member and all public teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search option on top of all chats and Teams channel for easy reference

A search field similar in Outlook when we type names, subject, or body contents. Please let's have this as soon as possible. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search in Android app

Make search better. Like on desktop.
    Needs to include channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable #hastags to be used in teams to improve cross team and conversation searching

Enable #hastags to be used in teams to improve cross team and conversation searching

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a search function for past chats and past files

I think it would be a good idea to add a search function for the past chats and past files. This would enhance efficiency significantly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can't share a search result with a teammate

Sometimes I search for a file for someone else. Once I find that file, I can't share it!
    1. The "Start Conversation" button is not available! MS Teams is all about conversations yet you can't converse on a search result! It is odd that that would go away just because I used search instead of browse to find the file.

2. There is no sign of a file pathname. If I could at least see the pathname, I could then navigate to the asset and use start conversation there. Or if there was a "copy link" I could go old…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In current feature i am not able to add the contact belongs to different domain or client IDs. please add the feature else it won't be succe

In current feature i am not able to add the contact belongs to different domain or client IDs. please add the feature else it won't be successful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Text search option on individual chat or on a group chat

Search options are very limited and not very helpful. Please allow to search a text in respective chatbox or respective group. Similar to how whatsapp is integrated.
    We are using Teams as a centralized chat option in our organization and its really difficult to search and traceback some of the information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have each folder sort A-Z

Every time I create a new folder it stays at the top, but I need them to sort A-Z or at least have the option to sort.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List of people with the app

Is there a way to have or to see a list of all the people in the company that have the teams app on installed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search capability in dialog box for adding cloud storage to Files tab.

Search capability in dialog box for adding cloud storage to Files tab. Not sure that the list order is at this time. Alpha order would be better. A quick search box, better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exclude retired users from the Teams search result

Teams user search feature finds users who retired and removed from AAD, because it looks up them through cache. It’s inconvenient that we have to clear those caches from Teams client each time, so I would like you to improve the search feature to set aside users who are not existed in AAD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search Messages by User Profile Property

My customer (in GCC) is a large agency with multiple locations. The BAs at each location would like to be able to search for all messages across al teams by users at their location in, say, the past day to ensure all needs are being met. Their location is a profile property. Please add the capability to perform a global advanced search for messages where a user property matches given text (wildcard). Alternatively, perform a global advanced search for messages where a user is in a given O365 Group or Security Group. They have security groups which have all location…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter on Task description, Checklist Items and Comments

Enhance the Filter feature in the Teams Planner tab in the following ways:
    1. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in a Task description (not just the Task title)
    2. Typing in a filter/search term should find words in Task Checklist Items and Comments as well
    3. Typing in a persons name should filter the people in the list so you don't have to scroll through people to find the person you want to filter by.

*Note: Trello already does this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get a better feedback system. This is total rubbish.

This is a waste of space. I come to this site to help and it is a maelstrom of mess. I won’t be back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make search return messages in context of the conversation again!

This used to be a feature, but now you've removed it?

If I want to find a conversation I had with someone 6 months ago, my only option is to scroll up, wait for messages to load, scroll up some more, wait some more and so on until I finally reach that part of the conversation timeline.

Search used to return messages that, when clicked on, took me to the place on the timeline where we had the discussion I'm looking for. Now clicking on the message only shows the message in isolation with no way of seeing it in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search in iOS/iPadOS should work as web and/or desktop version

The search experience now is not up to par.

It behaves quite different compared to the desktop version. Also missing the possibility to navigate fast between teams and/or channels and performing commands in the mobile version.

Pls make it a coherent experience between the platforms. At the moment I can’t use Teams as efficient on my iPad app. Often find myself forced to use the web version instead. Although that one works quite well since iPadOS have full desktop web experience now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search needs the same abilities as SharePoint and Search needs to be reworked

No one likes the results provided by Search. People are looking to use # tags and other markers to be able to find their content. People love SharePoint's searchability, works fantastic for files and file content, that needs to be brought to Teams. Some people also get lost of what they are searching for as Teams seems to default to categories of search and not even realize it. There needs to be searching for Team Names, Channel names, channel chat content, IM's, files and clearly marked as such. Believe it or not, this single thing is keeping my company from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Searching team members with their designation

In a huge Organization usually, there is a lot of hiring and many people leave often. there is a rotation of people changing their designations every now and then. Hence, if a person/ team member can be searched by her/his designation, it will be a lot easier to find team members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expand the highlighted message from search results

1. search for a string found in a long message
    2. find message in messages tab
    3. click message
    4. see message collapsed in conversations tab

This happened to me, while looking for a URL, I couldn’t tell I was looking at the right message because the message it was in was collapsed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base