Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. search

Wildcard search!
    When searching in chat messages i will not get a hit on 'test' when a message contains 'testing'. Exact matches should be first, and wildcard matches later.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to search using short name of a person

If I have a Teams Colleague with the name Robert Vanderplank and I search for the name Rob Vanderplank the Teams Search results return no results. I have to enter his full name as Robert Vanderplank to find his contact.

It would be very useful if Teams could search using partial names as well as the full name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Teams more like garbage can, less like landfill

The more I use Teams, the messier it gets. It's like a landfill that just keeps growing. Email is like a garbage can, at least I'm able to clean out old junk that's no longer relevant.
    Today I tried to find a conversation I had with someone from May, without knowing a specific word to "search" for. I had to repeatedly press the "Home" button to go to the short-term top of the chat with that person, and repeat for a few minutes. Or if I knew a word to search, it would have taken me only to an individual…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Searching

Would like to be able to search within a chat and across chats easily. Searching within a chat is not possible and searching across chats is

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search Modifiers

Add modifiers similar to Outlook such as "From:", "In:", etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. search files

Hello. Some of our users are getting an error 'cannot display search results' when searching over files.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When pressing Alt + E

When pressing Alt + E to search for college. On direct hit so would it be nice to get that user first so I can just press enter. Now "Search (More)" is appearing first so I have to arrow down to the college I wanted to chat with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Specific search

Search inside specific chats with other people and the ability to jump to the message so that the surrounding messages can be read and not just that message.
    not all searches can be pinpointed like a phone number. I remember the context but not the specific message. I can find the message in the general search then have to go into that chat and scroll to that date. Searching within a specific chat with another individual would be much more useful than searching all my chats.

578 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team. No additional news to share at this time.
    -Warren

9. Conversation subject in chat search

Chat Search results to include Conversation Subject

It would be very useful if the search results would include / display the conversation subject. currently search only shows the content.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. channel search

Add a search box into each channel so i can search all conversations within that channel only including all history of the channel.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. filter date

In a big organization environment, we have a lot of chats, Teams channel going on. When trying to search certain thread/conversations, filter options built in Teams work fine for the most. But when trying to search certain dates to see the whole thread, it is kind of impossible, without having an option to select date range with calendar pop up to choose the date ranges. without this feature, I am having to go scroll up and down to find the exact date, time etc. Real pain....
    So far with date range filter, it is set to certain period of time:…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No way to find saved messages in chat

You can save a message in a chat, but there's no way to easily find them after.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. List to all Skype contacts

From MS Team home page could have a list to all Skype contacts, that way, getting rid from Skype :)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Kick your development team **********

How is it you can release a commercial product that has wiki functionality and yet your search does not cover wiki pages properly.

Utterly stupid or magnificently arrogant.

Pick one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the bookmark display only the bookmarked part of the conversation

Bookmarks would be a whole lot more powerful when it would only display the bookmarked conversation - should not be too difficult, right?

(the current setting only 'jumps' back in the timeline with all the other conversations on display, too - which isn't helpful when trying to focus only on my bookmarked conversation, really)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search

When you search for a team, then click on a team, the navigation pane does not move to that team so you can't see the channels. You still have to manually find the team in the list to see the channels within the team.
    Clicking search result should make the navigation pane jump to that team and expand it to see the channels.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance search capability - simple syntax like in outlook and saved search

Enhance search capability - simple syntax like in outlook search (e.g. from: holmes) and saved search capability (e.g. all posts from CSE LT members in the last week)

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sorting by names like MS outlook will help in identifying messages by person in Chat section

Like mails, sorting by names of persons in Chat section will help identifying messages quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sharepoint central search center and teams

Teams data are secure trimmed so SP central search should offer results for public and private teams include main classifications, scopes like documents , channels , etc because the SP Intranet is the starting point for everyone, if not alternate vendor for central search required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be helpful to be able to search Subject Lines or # identified words

It would be helpful to be able to search by Subject Line or to be able to mark key words with a # to search later. When I search for #, any words that I have marked with # would show up.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.