Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to find a contact by using their phone number in active directory

Everyone in my company is in Teams. The other day I received a cell phone call which I knew it was from work but I didn't the name of the person that made the call. It'd be nice to enter that phone number and have the person's name show up on search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to search distribution groups to add them as participants in Live Events

Unable to search distribution groups to add them as participants in Live Events

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export comments and the number of likes in messages to see what the most popular posts are

I would like to know who made the most popular comments in a large team by exporting this information (poster, comment, number of likes) to excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Transcribe recorded video into searchable text

It is desirable that a user know the contents of video held in files or meeting recordings. The normal way of checking this is through tagging the video appropriately, naming it, remembering what's in the video, etc.
    It would be beneficial if the audio of a video held in files or meeting recordings could be automatically transcribed into a body of text, similar to the captioning feature.
    This text could be searchable through the search bar so that meeting contents of videos could be quickly found without having to watch the video again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

In the past, when I was searching for email address recipients, my address was also shown, so it used to be easy to find, but now I have to enter a string for every address.

It is very inconvenient, but I would like you to realize comfortable operation as before.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search for numbers in command line does not work!

Why are the search results for numbers not taken into the search results via the command line.
    When I enter the complete digits I will get the result for the chat messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Searching and calling of the organisational colleague must be like Skype

Search of the organisational collegue and other person must be like Skype. Here, in Teams all the times you have to add the person in Team to call or for chat. Its lengthy process. Please provide search facility like Skype and we can call any body without adding them in any Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save chat history

Please provide a way to save chat history. The search function only appears with the chat box with the searched word in it and not the whole conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need search function on Posts page

The posts page for our team is heavily used and due to its non-linear display, it's hard to find conversations. Need a search function for this page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Possibilty to choose multiple or all classes within the assignment sector (and be able to view all of the chosen assignments)

This would be really awesome! This way one could view all open assignments from either a) all classes one attends or b) only view the assignments from selected classes (and not all and not only from one class only)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search Across All Team Enabled Apps

Teams should support an all inclusive search for all-enabled apps and features.

I have a particular keyword in a task title, task checklist, task comments, multiple chats, teams conversation thread and planner. When I search in Teams, it should be able to lookup all instances of the keyword sorted by descending order of date of occurence along with necessary icons. This would make teams much better in managing conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Listing member group chats list

Once I click on a member, to have a tab with list of group chats he is involved with me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search button in TEAMS to seach something in previous conversations.

Search button in TEAMS to seach something in previous conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. would be nice to have the ability to do keyword searches within a particular person's or group's messages

would be nice to have the ability to do keyword searches within a particular person's or group's messages. That way I could revisit a convo we had previously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. About message posting of files

Search for a file and display the search result file.
    If you post a message from the file displayed by the search, the message will be posted to the "general channel".
    If you want to post a message to the file displayed in the search, please post the message to the channel uploading the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add a search option for individual chats.

Currently there is only a general search bar, which is somewhat cumbersome. Would be better if there is a search bar for each chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add to the information displayed when searching for users on Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams での検索時に表示されるユーザー情報の追加について
    Add to the information displayed when searching for users on Teams

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーを検索した際、一度宛先に含んでからではないと詳細なユーザー情報が確認できず、同名のユーザーを判別することができません。
    業務上のプロファイルを変更することで判別はできるようになりますが、都度設定が必要になるため、検索時に表示されるユーザー情報を追加、選択できる機能を要望します。

When searching for a user, it is not possible to differentiate between different users with the same name since unless they are selected as a recipient you cannot see more detailed information about them.
    If their profile in the organization is changed then it is possible to differentiate them, but since this has to be done every time, we would rather be able to add or select information to be displayed when searching.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Label for the "posts"

I would like to put a label to a posts, so you can have at the right part of the post a list of labels, and i can choose one label, and i will see only the messeages of this label.

Moreover, you can have "active label" and "historyc label", so when you finish a labeled matter, you can switch the label to historic label, and this label is not show at the right part of the posts screem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable Searching by Cost Center (who is in cost center xxx)?

In Skype, you could enter a cost center number and it would show you all the people that currently had that cost center assigned to them in their contact information. Unfortunately, Teams does not operate the same even though it is presented in the same manner when you hover over the person and get their contact information.

In addition, it would be great if the AI in the Who app would be able to recognize more of the cost center or department based questions, such as who is in cost center XXX? who is the manager of cost center xxx?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base