Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create a search field for the chats

i have so many chats with so many people and groups. And i need to find the mention of a specific item but have no idea where to look. Please add a search feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. trace conversations

ability to input a specific date on calendar and view conversations on that day

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show last msg timestamp for each chat in Search result/preview

Sometimes need to find some particular chat by particular keyword (e.g. in its subject). If you had many meetings with that subject, you may see several "Group Chats" as result of a search or in a preview - and it's not clear what is the most actual chat. I'd suggest to add a little timestamp of last activity about every chat - so that it would be instantly clear which one is the most up to date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search Teams chat

I use Teams very intensively these days and I am included in many teams. But, there is an option which is missing me a lot - searching chat by some word.
    So, can you please add search option to Teams Chat to be able to find topic which we discussed.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Best MLM company

Network marketing offers an almost incomparable lucrative opportunity to start your own company with an established business model and limited initial investment from anywhere. In an economic crisis or downturn, a low-cost and low-risk new best MLM company are particularly appealing when other start-up alternatives are not viable. Multi-level marketing also referred to as pyramid sales, network marketing, and referral marketing, is a controversial marketing technique for the sale of goods or services.
    Visit the website for more details:-https://www.buyonsocial.com/best-mlm-company-in-india/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Date range settings in the Teams search function

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 検索機能の日付範囲指定について
    Date range settings in the Teams search function

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にてメッセージを検索する際、”その他のフィルター” より日付範囲を指定することが可能ですが、”昨年” より以前の期間を指定することができかねる認識でございます。

Microsoft Teams を日常的に使用していると 2 年以上前のメッセージを検索したい場合がございますので、”昨年” より以前の期間を日付範囲指定する機能の実装を希望します。

When searching for messages on Teams, it is possible to search by a date range using “Other filters”, but there is no way to go further back than “the last year”.

If you use Teams on a daily basis, there are cases where one wishes to search for messages from more than 2 years ago, so please make it possible to specify dates further in the past for the search range.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Jump to a point in conversation when searching a chat

I'd like to be able to jump to a point in a conversation after searching through a chat with a coworker. Currently, I can find a specific message and if I want context around that message, I need to tediously scroll to that point in time manually. I'd like to be able to click the message from my search results and jump to that point in a conversation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show people I chat to first in search results

Working in a large organisation - when displaying "people" results in search, there doesn't seem to be any priority given to people I've interacted with before. If I search for "James", it should show Jameses I've chatted with in the past before the 54 other Jameses in the company.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to add distribution groups in Teams search.

Need to add distribution groups in Teams search box. It will be helpful to find anyone available in group. Also, it's consuming time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search for Phone Number in Global Adress List - GAL

Employees of ours do not want to synchronise our entire Global Address Book (GAL) into their contacts. (over 500 employees)
    If a staff member now receives a mobile call from another staff member who is not stored in the contacts, no name is displayed, so we only see the phone number.
    It is currently not possible to search for this phone number in GAL.
    It should be possible to search for a staff member by phone number, without having to add all users from the GAL to the contacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The group members who have inherited meeting policy through group are not listed as the user filter result in TAC

The group members have been assigned Teams meeting policy successfully, we can see the policy from user profile in TAC, the policy is inherited from group, instead of directly assigned
    When we tried to filter the users who have been assigned with this meeting policy, it couldn't display these users who inherited the policy through group
    In TAC -- Users -- Filter -- Match all of these conditions --Meeting policy equal to the policy name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save chat history

Please provide a way to save chat history. The search function only appears with the chat box with the searched word in it and not the whole conversation.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove non-meeting chats from the chat list

There are so many meeting chats, because they get created after every meeting I think. It would be very helpful to be able to remove these. I think a filter to only show direct (non-meeting) chats would be very useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have the People Search be more inclusive.

Currently the search box appears to only find people that have the search text in their name. It would be very beneficial if the search would also include results where the search text is in the persons title or area in the organization.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search a keyword in chat and reach that point in the chat thread after clicking search result

Search a keyword in chat and reach that point in the chat thread after clicking. E.g. I was searching for a keyword about a topic which was discussed in mid 2020. I could search the message but couldn't click that message to see the conversation on the context. That will make search result more usable. As only searching keywords inside chat is not the purpose rather one also wants to see the context or chat that happened when the keyword was discussed about.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide "Open File Location" option in search

When i search for files, i am unable to tell the location of the file from the search results. All it shows under file name in search results is "<<Team Name>>/Shared Documents". So we are unable to tell which channel it is and which sub-folder in the channel it is in.

Can we have a "Open file location" option in context menu or have the file location shown in search results under the file?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Suggest having a 'search' option within MS chat to find specific details

I can't trace a detail supplied in a previous chat, so it would be helpful if you could search for a word/phrase, similar to in Outlook

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a "see in context" option on search results

Before a recent update, we could see the search results in their context when doing a search. Now, we only see the search result message and cannot easily see the conversation around it. A right-click "see in context" option would be perfect to give this feature back to the user without interfering with your new search logic

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Movies

Excluding adult movies, which are obviously my favorite of all time. What is your favorite movie ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base