Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search within Chat window

functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make searching the sites easy

Make search box easily available to search Public and Private teams where requesting access is allowed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need search function on Posts page

The posts page for our team is heavily used and due to its non-linear display, it's hard to find conversations. Need a search function for this page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. proper search engine

Add proper search engine. Lack of proper search in history of the conversation is the biggest problem using Microsoft Teams.

In the past the solution for Skype was that the conversation history was available from Outlook and searching was enhanced by Outlook.

Current implementation history browsing for Microsoft Teams means that the use of this program is just for a quick talk, and everything important needs to be done using different form of communication. That means that Teams will not be a one of a main tools but is an additional tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. search option for chats

search option in chats like cntrl+F !

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search public teams regardless of membership

Users should be able to search for content across public teams whether they are members or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show status of contact in search list

Please show the status of searched Person in the search list. See the attachment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add CTRL + F in Microsoft Teams to find things easier in chat history

Hi! It would be nice if you can add a seach feature. Please add "CTRL + F". It would really help rathen than scrolling up in chat history like 5 days ago or worse, weeks or months ago.

Thank you.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharing of user profile

Please add a feature to share user profile data with another user in the same organization. Data should at least have the email ID and any other contact information that is shared.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display all assignments

When a student attempts to view their assignments they should be able to view all of them. Due to the fact that they are separate the student could have a lot of classes meaning they may have to go through each one individually. So there should be a list of all assignments starting with the one that's due first

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restrict guest users' search function

Guest users are able to search internal users that are not in the same team by type in their full address into the search bar.

We want to restrict this search functionality from guest users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search should work for WIKI Entries

We use the Wiki to store technical information for general use and projects.
    Tried to search for something Ii know is in the Wiki, zero results.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Settings for searching by name in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams での名前で検索の設定について
    Settings for searching by name in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在、[Microsoft Teams 管理センター] - [組織全体の設定] - [Teams の設定] - [名前で検索] - [Exchange アドレス帳ポリシーを使用したディレクトリ検索の範囲指定] は、組織全体のオン/オフの設定になるため、ユーザーを指定してオン/オフが設定できる機能の拡充を要望いたします。

Currently, under “Microsoft Teams admin center” – “Organization settings” – “Teams settings” – “Search by name”, the setting “Scope directory search using an Exchange address book policy” is enabled/disabled at the organization-wide level, so please make it possible to enable/disable this for specific users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. when searching for a term, it only takes you to the line of text it was mentioned

When i search for a term, i only get the actual mention of the phrase in the individual chat bubble, instead of the ability to go to the place in your chat thread where it's mentioned. For example, if have a long running group chat and in that chat, i asked someone for an apple pie recipe 6 months ago, if i search apple pie-- it'll just take me to my question if no one else used the term "apple pie" in their response. So i can just tell what date i asked but then would have to scroll all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ctrl-F should allow search in the current wiki page or inthe whole wiki or in the whole Team

Searching is a basic feature people are used to and is missing in Teams... The only search I can find search the whole teams thus producing results irrelevant to what I am currently looking for. The search should be contextual: if I am editing a page, it should search that page... and it should alow selecting efficiently if we want case sensitive or whole word only or not... similar to what Mozilla Ctrl-f provides.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to search for text.

I use this for work and sometimes I need to go back and look for a conversation but there is no search option so I spend a lot of time scrolling through hundreds of messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide search results that find chats involving multiple people when one of those people is the search input

Please make sure the Search is able to find Chats involving 3+ people when one of those people is the Search Input.

When I search a person's name today, the Chat tab only includes my 1-on-1 direct chats with that person. Frequently, to replace email per my understanding of the MS concept of Loops, I communicate with multiple internal colleagues who don't overlap on any single team through Teams Chat. I currently have to find those threads by scrolling through my long list of Chats.

Loops reference: Matt W blog post series Which Tool When at

https://www.avepoint.com/blog/microsoft-teams/wtw-outlook-microsoft-teams/

(Note that the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dedicated Search Tab

Dedicated Search tab on the left - search by chat, by team, calendar, etc

Be able to save searches...save filters (search for file, date range, person, etc)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make groups within teams searchable

I spent two weeks trying to find a team I needed to be attending outside our larger organization, and it turned out the “team” was actually a “group” within a team that nobody had the name for because it had changed several times. The group DID NOT appear in searches. WHY??!! And why are team name changes so easy?? And if I have the weblink, why can’t I just paste it in the search and immediately find the team, discussion, group, or meeting I’m desperately searching for??!! Finding meetings are nearly impossible if you don’t know precisely how to navigate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A better ms sway.

It will be better if we can post a sway so that anyone can access our sway with the help of a search engine. For ex, If I post a Sway titled Save Nature then anyone will be able to access it by searching for "save nature" on bing, google, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base