Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add search function within each team.

The overall search box does not allow you to search within a individual team only.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online Status of the Users

sometimes when searching user from creating option, it is showing them offline and when starting the conversation this user is appearing as online

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. planner

In the Planner is impossible search.
    How can I find any text, ...

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Searching in Saved Messages

We use Microsoft Teams at my workplace and we really like the opportunity to save documents, posts or photos. When there is a task and a deadline in a post, I just save it and then I can check it easily at the 'Saved messages' tab. So I won't forget it. The only one problem is with the saving posts is if there are too many posts then hard to find and manage them, so it would be essential and important that users could SEARCH only between the saved messages.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlight the searched words on the right panel

When we run a search on Teams, the search results displayed under the "Messages" tab will have the searched words highlighted and this is great.

However, if we then click on the search result we were looking for, the relevant section or words of the selected result isn't highlighted on the panel on the right side, it just loads the discussion at its end. We have to scroll up and look for what we need manually to find the section/words we were looking for.

It would be a great improvement for the Search feature to highlight directly in the right…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter messages sent to others

I can see all messages that I'm tagged in or someone replied to me or..... But I can't see messages where a coworker is tagged. So when someone is out sick (for instance) I can't easily filter stuff down to see what people are asking her/him for.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. adding search functionality to document storage's is essential

adding search functionality to document storage's is essential

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. click on filter should push the cursor in filter input

When filtering the channels, clicking on Filter(0) opens the Filter menu. The cursor should be automatically in Filter by keyword input box. It would save a click

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find/Search > Go to Chat. should take you to that point in time during the chat. Not just the chat window.

I want to search for a conversation within a full chat with someone. So, I use keywords in the search function. Teams will find the single message in which I used that keyword but single messages are out of context.

The Go to Chat feature just takes you to that chat at the latest message. It should take you to that specific point in time in the chat so that you can see the full context of the conversation.

Trying to scroll through days of endless chatter is cumbersome.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. #Teams

Trending "hashtags" might help Teams ability to search for common terms that we use. If we can use the # we might be able to click on the term and see all of the other times our group or other groups did the same thing!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Matching Channels Should Show Up in Team Search

Channel names that match a search in "Team Search" should show up in the search along with the team they are a part of.

Depending on how we use the two entities they could be relatively interchangable - a user searching should not have to know ahead of time that the "abc" channel they are looking for is a part of "xyz team"

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello, Please add a extended function in search which would allow to search folders :)

Please add a extended function in search which would allow to search folders :)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. search

When you search for a team, then click on a team, the navigation pane does not move to that team so you can't see the channels. You still have to manually find the team in the list to see the channels within the team.
    Clicking search result should make the navigation pane jump to that team and expand it to see the channels.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allowing Search in the Conversations Tab

If I remember an previous conversation but didn't tag it. I'd like to be able to go to the conversations tab and search for it.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Favorite Search - Saved Searches

Have the option to pin to favorites bar "Saved Searches", or "Virtual channels" or "Alert Channels" or whavetever the name, you get the idea.. be able to define a search and get an unread count when there are matches on it. Ideal to track common terms across all of the teams you are connected to.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Searching - go to chat

When I finally find the message that contains a phrase that I was searching, I would like to see it in a wider context. By clicking 'go to chat' I understand 'go to chat, where the phrase was found'. Now 'go to chat' leads me to the last message from the chat.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search doesn't search inside webhook post card.

Please enable global search to look inside webhooked post cards

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. search then sort by date modified

Doing a search in explorer, waiting for it to complete, then clicking on the "Date Modified" column to sort by most recent causes Windows to start the search all over again. This is frustrating when searching a large directory, because I already wait for the search to complete, then after the results have come up, I should be able to simply sort the results that are already found by their modified date. But instead, I believe due to a bug, Windows Search thinks it has to start the search all over again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the search as office.com one, a global search !

We want teams to be our digital workplace where we chat, access documents, tasks from planner, website from tabs, bots etc.

The problem with search is that is doesn't let us search in the entire tenant content such as office.com search.

Is there a way that could be achieved ?

Thank you,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. First name search should return last name, first name in last name alphabetical order

In people search, First name search should return first - anyone I've texted with previously, then by last name, first name in last name alphabetical order. Right now it's returning in a seemingly random order.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base