Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to prevent users without a Teams license from appearing in user searches

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams のライセンスを付与していないユーザーをユーザー検索に表示させたくない。
    I want to prevent users without a Teams license from appearing in user searches

■Description(内容):
    Teams のユーザー検索では、Microsoft Exchange の機能 (GAL) と連携して表示を行っているが、Teams のライセンスを持っていなくても Exchange が利用可能な場合、検索に表示されるため非表示にしたい。

Teams’ user search function is linked to the Microsoft Exchange functions (GAL), but I would like to prevent users with no Teams license from appearing in search even if they can use Exchange.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the search function better

When searching, it pulls up the results very quickly but when you click on one, teams frequently freezes. Is there a way to click on it and only see that one chat message/thread instead of teams trying to load everything around that time? It's cumbersome and makes my job researching very tedious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Best Digital Marketing Company in USA

Digi Om Marketing Company is the best digital marketing company in USA as they not only will increase sales but expand your business reach in a short span of time. Get a free quotation from their team of experts who will provide the best packages after reviewing your business requirements.

Read More: https://www.digiommarketing.com/service.php

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove history calls

I cant remove my history calls because you can't! What type of calling/texting app that does not have remove/clear history calls/message. I would appreciate if you could add these features in the app so you don't see the title "calls/chat. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Phone number filtering in Teams admin center

Hello Team,

There's no option to filter phone numbers by city in Teams admin center> Voice> Phone numbers> Filter. The only option appears is to filter by Country/region.

This can be an issue when we have a lot of phone numbers and need to filter by city.

This filter existed in Skype for Business and Legacy admin center but since it's retired, we can't do this anymore.

Please help include the function.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A search function that allows us to search for keywords in Teams Chats. Would be extremely handy and easy to implement?

A search function that allows us to search for keywords in Teams Chats. Would be extremely handy and easy to implement?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Highlight message in the conversation

In the search for messages, when I select one of result items, I would like to see a highlight of the message in the conversation feed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. agregar buscador de palabras

les sugiero agregar un buscador de palabras, para poder encontrar platicas anteriores que nos sean de interés

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Build a "Search Here" or something to that affect at the Team level

You can search in a channel today but if one doesn't know which channel to start their search from there is no easy way to search the entire team. It seems that being able to click the ellipsis button or highlighting a team to search should be implemented.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. to be able to sort the members of a team in alphabetical order!!!!!

sort members of teams in alphabetical order!!!!!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Help more useful by allowing REAL (and broad) text searches

Your Help is entirely based on the limited range of what you think people might ask or seek help for. Even the Category box (above) does that, and does not include Help as an option for what we might want to suggest for your (limited) Help offerings.
    I really want to be able to search ALL of your potentially relevant articles on a specific search term, NOT be steered to the six or ten things that you think might help me. You have Fisher-Priced this way too much, rounded edges and limited choices so us kiddies who can't begin to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Find a Contact search

On the Teams Contacts page, there is a search box at the top "Find a Contact". It is cumbersome to clear that field after you're done with the search. A button on the right-hand side with an "X", next to the search icon, that would clear the search box with just a simple click would be a much more user-friendly experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel Password Recovery Software

You can retrieve any forgotten Excel file password using eSoftTools Excel Password Recovery Software. This tool can recover Excel passwords using one of three built-in password recovery methods: Brute Force Attack, Mask Attack, or Dictionary Attack. It can recover passwords for Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access, and it works with all Excel extensions and versions, including 97 to 98, 2000 to 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and so on.

Read More:- https://www.esofttools.com/excel-password-recovery.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give Admins the Ability to Export Search Items

As a large company using teams - it would be nice as an admin to be able to get an export of what is being searched for the most.

Example: Perhaps people are searching for Employee Time Off Policy a lot (1200 searches a month)

It would be beneficial to me to know that so I know what people are searching for or what they might be having the most friction access.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make search in Teams consistent both Admin and Client

We should be able to search by entering any part of whatever you are looking for. Get rid of the auto find as you type feature in the Admin portal. it actually slows you down as you have to wait for the find to finish before continuing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Number of characters in search results when searching for users

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ユーザー検索をする際の、検索結果が表示される文字数について
    Number of characters in search results when searching for users

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、メンバーを検索する際、やり取りをしたことないユーザーに対し、検索文字が 2 文字以下だと検索結果が表示されません。
    日本語名の場合、姓が 2 文字の場合が多く、2 文字で検索できないととても使いづらい状況のため、やり取りをしたことないユーザーに対し、検索文字が 2 文字以下でも検索結果が表示されるようになることを要望します。

On Teams, when searching for people, if less than three characters are input, no users with whom no communication has previously taken place will be shown.
    For Japanese names, many surnames contain only two characters, and so not being able to search using two characters makes it difficult to use. Please make searches with less than three characters also display results from people who have not previously been communicated with.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show team search result with filter or an option to differentiate between active and archived team

Show team search result with filter or an option to differentiate between active and archived team

Currently the teams content search does not show if the result is from a active or archived team, but when you have multiple teams, there should be an option to filter the content, files based on the team status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Chat - search by date

While I can search terms, names, etc when I find the desired comment but want more info/context by going to entire conversation I have found no way but to "scroll" to conversation - which can be very time-consuming as my group chats a lot.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office 365 Migration Plan

Exchange Server Suite (aka Office 365 Migration) is a quick and safe tool that provides an easy solution for the users to migrate Office 365, Live Exchange Server, Outlook Stores, PST, and EDB files into PST, EML, MSG, Office 365, Live Exchange Server, and Outlook Stores. Due to simple GUI (Graphic User Interface) and effective features, this tool has become one of the easy solutions.

Read More: https://www.articleritz.com/office-365-migration-checklist/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base