Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recover library files searcher on SharePoint site from Teams disappeared with the last actualization.

Now to search by words in Teams we need to go to the SharePoint page. It’s not logical, since, if the two applications (SharePoint and Teams) are integrated it's not natural you have to use both. Moreover, the general search bar that appears at the top of the SharePoint page is not as useful as it doesn’t specifically search for words within the library documents, but does it in all Teams Pages.

Regarding request case: 20206972

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please provide search option in the chat box like whatsapp.

It would be nice and quick , if we can search any text in conversation or in chat windows

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A filter option to show hiden chats

If you want to find a hidden chat that you can't remember the name of because you hide it months ago not realising its relevance until a later date you should be able to filter by Hidden chats showing all the chats that have been Hidden.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. autoriser le classement par ordre alphabétique des membre dans une équipe

permettre de classer les membres d'une équipe par ordre alphabétique par exemple.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add phone extensions to names for ease of call transfer

please add phone extensions to names in directory. this way you can transfer calls by looking up the name and thus see the phone extension to complete the call transfer,

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable to output content search log for each channel

When outputting a log from content search, the channel can not be specified and it becomes a team unit.
    Since it is a huge amount of information to output only the log of a specific channel, I want you to be able to specify for each channel you want to output.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default to searching for people

The search is kind of cumbersome. I would like it to automatically include contacts when I search, that's only what I use the search for. But currently it defaults to searching messages. It should default to searching contacts like the Skype for Business Search does.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. improved search functions.

searching channel specific wiki and file contents for key words does not appear to be implemented. An advanced search dialogue would be appreciated.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. #Teams

Trending "hashtags" might help Teams ability to search for common terms that we use. If we can use the # we might be able to click on the term and see all of the other times our group or other groups did the same thing!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to prevent users without a Teams license from appearing in user searches

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams のライセンスを付与していないユーザーをユーザー検索に表示させたくない。
    I want to prevent users without a Teams license from appearing in user searches

■Description(内容):
    Teams のユーザー検索では、Microsoft Exchange の機能 (GAL) と連携して表示を行っているが、Teams のライセンスを持っていなくても Exchange が利用可能な場合、検索に表示されるため非表示にしたい。

Teams’ user search function is linked to the Microsoft Exchange functions (GAL), but I would like to prevent users with no Teams license from appearing in search even if they can use Exchange.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save chat history

Please provide a way to save chat history. The search function only appears with the chat box with the searched word in it and not the whole conversation.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filter search results by private chat

When filtering search results it's possible to filter by Team, Channel, and From. It would be great to have the option to filter my search results to all private chats.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide "Open File Location" option in search

When i search for files, i am unable to tell the location of the file from the search results. All it shows under file name in search results is "<<Team Name>>/Shared Documents". So we are unable to tell which channel it is and which sub-folder in the channel it is in.

Can we have a "Open file location" option in context menu or have the file location shown in search results under the file?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display all assignments

When a student attempts to view their assignments they should be able to view all of them. Due to the fact that they are separate the student could have a lot of classes meaning they may have to go through each one individually. So there should be a list of all assignments starting with the one that's due first

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search for meeting by name

When you use the top search bar in teams, it doesn't appear to return the names of meetings or of the recordings associated with them. That makes it really difficult to find a previous meeting on a specific topic.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a search function for past chats and past files

I think it would be a good idea to add a search function for the past chats and past files. This would enhance efficiency significantly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. see all available teams to join

New employees want to find an join teams of interest in the organisation. as they are new the suggestions are empty so unless they are told what to join they are in the dark as to what is available. We also get duplicate teams set up simply because employees are unaware of the existence of teams.
    Please can we have a way on the join a team page to list all teams so people can request access to private or join public teams that look interesting.
    This lack of visibility is creating silos of data and pushing people to alternate…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retrieve only deleted chat messages by Content Search in Microsoft Teams

Contents search allows us to find all chats, however this function does not allow to search only deleted chats.
    I need to check the only deleted chats, so the current behavior annoys me to check which ones were deleted or not.
    I request you the search function is available to specifically find the deleted chats in Teams.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search Team name

I have 30+ Teams. How/where do I search for a Team name?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search button scoped to the current active screen

Everywhere you go in Teams, you should have a search button that automatically filters to the scope of the active screen. Then, whent he search is executed, an option to widen the search to beyond the initial scope.

So in summary:
    1. Search command bar continues as it does today
    2. New Search button at the bottom of the conversation tab which pre-filters the search results to just that channel
    3. New Search button at the top of Files in the Files tab to search just that location
    4. New Search button at the bottom of the chat window to…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base