Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Help us SEARCH and FIND things in Teams

We want improvements to search:

CTRL+F SHORTCUT
    I wanto to find messages inside a chat or channel with CTRL+F.
    It’ll allow me to quick search messages in a specific conversation.

PARITY TO SKYPE SEARCH
    Like in Skype chat, we need to be able to search text strings from conversations

IMPROVE SEARCH RESULTS VIEW
    I feel as though the conversation view looks a bit cluttered as is, and conversation threads are not as readily identifiable as I had hoped they would be. Some suggestions are: Add the ability to include a Topic Header for a conversation so that you can easily…

2,869 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

184 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has moved to the planning stage. There have also been several small updates that have gone out already, as well.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more about coming updates.

-Warren

2. Specific search

Search inside specific chats with other people and the ability to jump to the message so that the surrounding messages can be read and not just that message.
    not all searches can be pinpointed like a phone number. I remember the context but not the specific message. I can find the message in the general search then have to go into that chat and scroll to that date. Searching within a specific chat with another individual would be much more useful than searching all my chats.

466 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team. No additional news to share at this time.
    -Warren

3. channel search

Add a search box into each channel so i can search all conversations within that channel only including all history of the channel.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integration Delve Profiles in Teams

Make Delve Profiles (own Profile and that of others) available in Teams and include profile content in Teams-Search.

Delve Profiles are good fo showing skills and projects of our employees.

But the Profiles and there information are not accessible in Teams which breaks our usecase.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. search

Wildcard search!
    When searching in chat messages i will not get a hit on 'test' when a message contains 'testing'. Exact matches should be first, and wildcard matches later.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Searching

Would like to be able to search within a chat and across chats easily. Searching within a chat is not possible and searching across chats is

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search bar location

The search/command bar in the middle of the very top of the window is not a very good location. Decades of UI/UX work to train users to click there to DRAG the window and now it's a giant search box. Perhaps the ability to move it to a different place or make it expandable if you want to would be nice. Or option to hide it. But right in the middle of the top of the window is a terrible place.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

The feature team has decided to decline this request after careful consideration. Thank you for the suggestion and all the feedback.

-Warren

8. Add team member - Search in GAL

When searching for new team members, search only for users not hidden in the GAL.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneNote Search

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improved search that searches through everything

If I´m trying to use Teams as my main hub of communications it would be handy if teams search can search for anything and everything.

It would search my emails, files, chats, team discussions, groups, sharepoint etc. Basically the extent of my O365 reach.

To many times a file can´t be found as you can´t remember where you put it, to many times you can´t remember if the discussion was via teams, email or chat etc.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search content by partial strings

We are not able to use a partial string when searching in conversations or for names of files shared in conversations. Example: file name is "Collaboration Productivity Overview." I can use one of these words and find the file, but I cannot use part of a word such as "collab" or "Prod" and locate the file. It finds onlt references that used these exact characters. This becomes a problem when we are looking for reference to a client, whose name is spelled in several different ways by different users. If we could enter just the first few letters, or use…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add search to channel

Add a search bar specific for a channel (with keyboard shortcut)

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can search inside a specific channel by going to the channel, putting your search term in the search bar, then pressing enter on your keyboard. Then, you’ll see below the search bar a little tab that says “In this channel”. If you click that, you’ll see all the search results for the term in that specific channel.

If you have any questions, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

13. Take me to the target message: Search performance in chats

Searching for something works (mostly), however if the thing you're search for is sufficiently far back in time, then it's nigh impossible to actually get results back. Clicking the message says "go to chat to see the rest", but clicking on that does nothing but take you back to the chat at the current time, rather than the target message. If you bookmark the message and try to get at the location in chat via that, then the client just lags and eventually crashes. (while chewing up 100% CPU) Tried the desktop client (developer preview), web client Chrome, web client…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search previous messages

I know this is new but "Search" is very fundamental to the success of any product. When messages gets pretty long and you remember that you had this conversation before, you search for it. Right now, I don't see a way to search previous messages.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can search your messages by typing your search term into the search bar, and then clicking the “messages” tab that is directly underneath the search bar.

15. Chat search feature

It would be nice to be able to search a chat for a keyword or phrase to make it quicker to look back for something

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. microsoft teams search feature sucks.

When you search MicrosoftTeams you should be able to go to that point in a particular conversation rather than just see the single chat message that contains your search item. Without this, there is no point and it makes me want to never use Teams again.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve the Teams search tool

When I search a keyword, I would like to have all the Teams that contains that keyword in the Team name.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Selecting Team from Team Search Results Should Highlight and Expand Team on Left

I have a few hundred teams. When I use the search under Teams to find the Team I want, and click it, it does show the correct team on the right, but suppose I didn't want the General channel, suppose I wanted another channel, now I must click the team name at the top ("Team_Name > General"), then click "Channels" and click the channel I wanted.

This is because in my list of a few hundred teams, I cannot be bothered to scroll through the long list of team names on the left navigation tree.

It would be better if,…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for (and/or Call) Office 365 Contacts, Exchange Mail Users/Contacts

Our organisation has many external users (mail users) and Office 365 Contacts in our Global Address List. Skype for Business has the ability to search for these contacts in the GAL and we can easily make calls to them.

We need this same functionality in Teams.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ctrl-F support (Focus on "Search")

Ctrl-F should focus on the search field, like Skype.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.