Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Planner Link

It would be nice to be able to click on a button that takes you to the overall view for an individual for assigned tasks. As it is now designed I have added a Planner Tab to one of my projects, but I can only see tasks related to that project. This is good, but it would be even better if I could easily switch to the multi-team view of all my Planner tasks across all teams. To do this now I need to open a separate office 365 web browser and login to Planner to see all my tasks…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Planner available for private channel

Planner is currently unavailable for private channels in Teams, which is creating a lot of buzz.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide ability to create conversation around Planner Task in Teams

Conversations can be created around documents in Teams but not Planner Tasks. Although the comments section provides some collaboration ability it is not the same as what can be done via conversations (@mentions, etc).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Planner Fields

Allow Planner customization similar to Tasks on an SP site.
    For example, we would like to have a Priority field that we can customize with our own priorities choices. another one would be a Person field "Requested By", or a hyperlink field, or customize the Progress field to add "Waiting for Someone Else".
    You get my drift...

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams planner/tasks

When i click my initials, i'd like to see all of my planner tasks in one place - instead of having to go into each 'team' and 'channel' to review what tasks i have that are due/may be due at the same time as something else.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Planner Notifications

I find a need for Teams Settings to have the additional notification settings for the following of Planner:
    1. Tasks allocated to me
    2. Updates (including comments and attachments) of Tasks Created by me
    3. Updates (including comments and attachments) of Tasks allocated to me

The notifications settings should allow existing options:
    1. Banner and email
    2. Banner
    3. Only show in feed
    4. Off

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create milestones in Planner

It would be great to be able to create "milestones" in Planner, where we can assign tasks as being part of certain milestones. We can sort of do this with the Checklist, but sometimes each checklist item deserves it's own discussion. We also have the tags, but I'm picturing something a bit more explicit, similar to Github issues/milestones (see image). By assigning tasks to milestones, you can see clearly that the milestone is "met" only when the tasks are done. Currently, we've been setting milestones by creating separate Plans. This might belong in the Planner forum, but my only exposure…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate Planner with Calendars and Meetings

It would be nice to be able to see my calendar (and other calendars if selected) and drag tasks into my calendar with estimated completion time to plan out my month.

-Integrate Calendar with Planner
    -Ability to filter based on task criteria or calendar
    -Add estimated completion time to tasks
    -Ability to visually plan by dragging task into holes in my calendar.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. planner desktop app

I would like to see a standalone desktop app for planner. Or give the same functionality of browser version if planner in teams desktop app as a standard left hand pane tab.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow access to browse teams during a call

While on a call (especially during screen sharing) with a team member, allow us to browse a channel or connection, keeping the call on the side.

Use case:

While doing a call with screen sharing, wanted to check the planner tasks on a channel. During this time, i now have to switch between the call and the channel/planner task. Would be great if we can still keep the call/screen sharing on the side as active.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assign people to specific sub tasks

At the moment it's only possible to assign users for the overall tasks.

Can you make it possible to assign people to specific tasks on the checklist?

Currently, you have to create multiple cards to assign these tasks to individuals (which increases the amount of cards on display); if you could instead assign people to subtasks, then this would greatly simplify the overall planner view. For bonus points, having the ability to specify due dates for subtasks would be great!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy Planners as Templates into other Teams

If I have the same/similar set of deliverables for multiple projects and I want to make a "Template" Planner that can be uploaded to multiple Teams without having to enter all the deliverables into a new Planner for every project. Can we make this happen?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deleting planner tab, tasks and especially notifications should be deleted

Deleting a plan from teams with outstanding tasks in planner does not fully delete the tasks. Notifications for late tasks are still emailed. The option for delete plan and tasks was checked. These can be viewed in my tasks view from planner and they show up under former plan. I have since deleted those tasks which were assigned to me in planner, but I can't view other's tasks as the plan has been removed.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bulk task creation in planner.

It should be possible to mass-create tasks in planner. When you manage ad-hoc team tasks on a daily basis- it's manageable.
    But when you'd like to plan some work over a longer period of time and have a lot of tasks to assign- it's not suitable to do that one by one.
    If you take SharePoint- it's possible to create a list of tasks by copying them from excel (task list can be edited in 'excel-like' mode). Something similar should be available in Teams to really take advantage of the planner functionality.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create tasklists with subtasks. Link task together

Make planner more as tasks in MS Project. Not as an replacement for Project, but create more details into subtask, scheduling and linking of tasks.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add color codes to project buckets

Enable color coding for buckets

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please, make it possible to move a Task from one Chanel to another Chanel, not only from one Bucket to another Bucket.

For instance, we use a separate Chanel for Leads/Prospects, another Channel for (planning of) External Work, yet another for Internal Work.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "My Tasks" function for Planner tabs in Team, similar to how Planner works.

If I'm primarily using Teams, and I have many tasks spread across multiple channels, the only way to see all my tasks is to go to Planner. That is the only reason to go to Planner. It would be much more efficient if I could see my Teams-assigned Planner tasks directly in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Planner

Be able to set specific dates to 'to do' items and/or priority levels and have some filtering options to more easily manage more complex plans/tasks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base