Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create milestones in Planner

It would be great to be able to create "milestones" in Planner, where we can assign tasks as being part of certain milestones. We can sort of do this with the Checklist, but sometimes each checklist item deserves it's own discussion. We also have the tags, but I'm picturing something a bit more explicit, similar to Github issues/milestones (see image). By assigning tasks to milestones, you can see clearly that the milestone is "met" only when the tasks are done. Currently, we've been setting milestones by creating separate Plans. This might belong in the Planner forum, but my only exposure…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. archive planner buckets

I don't know if this exists, but I have tried to find and cannot. It will be great if we can archive the buckets that we finished all the projects in those buckets. I do not want to delete it when it is done, I hope we can archive them and go back to see whenever we want.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sorting in Planner

I would like to be able to sort planner items outside of their buckets in Teams by various criteria (tab color, etc.). Different sort/view options should be available

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamics CRM integration

Link the task with CRM dynamics enabling the creation of service activities, tasks, meetings directly from the planner/wrike... etc

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View all Tasks for the Team

It is great to now be able to create multiple plans within a single Team, but now it is hard to manage all the tasks within that team.

Currently, one would have to go to each individual Channel's Planner tab to review each team member's workload. It would be nice to be able to view a team member's workload across all the different Channels/Plans, along with other aggregate data across the Team's different Plans.

Some examples of useful information when viewing aggregate data across all of a Team's Plans:
    1. Workload of a Team Member across all of a Team's…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Planner Fields

Allow Planner customization similar to Tasks on an SP site.
    For example, we would like to have a Priority field that we can customize with our own priorities choices. another one would be a Person field "Requested By", or a hyperlink field, or customize the Progress field to add "Waiting for Someone Else".
    You get my drift...

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a task for your To-Do or Planner from a chat/conversation in Teams

I would like to have the option to create a task for my To-Do from a chat or conversation in Teams. This way if I get an assignment trough Teams I can do an easy follow up. The same for a task in Planner.
    Now I have to make the task manually while chatting with a colleague, or they will still send me an email so I can flag it.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Re-occuring tasks for planner (Daily/Monthly/Quarterly)

Possibility to create re-occuring tasks that repeat either daily/weekly/monthly and so on, or on specific dates.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pin Planner tab to left panel in Teams

Right now, you have to click a drop down to access Planner on the left panel, and there's a lot of space to add icons. Give the option to pin Planner there for easier access.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleting planner tab, tasks and especially notifications should be deleted

Deleting a plan from teams with outstanding tasks in planner does not fully delete the tasks. Notifications for late tasks are still emailed. The option for delete plan and tasks was checked. These can be viewed in my tasks view from planner and they show up under former plan. I have since deleted those tasks which were assigned to me in planner, but I can't view other's tasks as the plan has been removed.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. creating tasks in planner for teams by drag and drop from outlook

It would be great to create a Task out of an E-Mail from Outlook.
    Drag a mail and drop it into the planner tab should create a new task.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Planner activities assigning by multiple members

It will be amazing if you guys include multiple assignees in activities on Planner.
    It will also be a good improvement if you add the option of including external members for colaboration.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Planner Notifications

I find a need for Teams Settings to have the additional notification settings for the following of Planner:
    1. Tasks allocated to me
    2. Updates (including comments and attachments) of Tasks Created by me
    3. Updates (including comments and attachments) of Tasks allocated to me

The notifications settings should allow existing options:
    1. Banner and email
    2. Banner
    3. Only show in feed
    4. Off

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create tasklists with subtasks. Link task together

Make planner more as tasks in MS Project. Not as an replacement for Project, but create more details into subtask, scheduling and linking of tasks.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Individual Planner to combine all tasks from all teams into one calendar view

Currently you can view calendar at team level but not at individual level.

Would be great if you had calendar view of all your tasks assigned to you from every team (or selected teams) at individual level so that one can plan week / month properly.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy Planner Items

I may have multiple buckets with similar items in them, and it would be easier to copy the items to another bucket, instead of copying text between them. Thanks.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Planner: Filter by color

As the colors in Planner are referred to different labs, it could be nice to have the possibility of filter by colors.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pomodoro

Please insert a pomodoro or time tracking in the planner activities. It will be excelent for manage the time.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GIVE ME REOCCURRING TASKS!

Tasks the re-occur at certain intervals, Weekly, Monthly, Third Wednesday of the month - kind of thing.....

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base