Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contextual Reminder/Task/Planner Item Creation

When someone says:
    "Can you get this thing for me?"
    Or
    "Can you pick up these things at 5pm?"
    Or
    "Would you be able to meet at 4pm?"

Or anything similar, would it be possible to create planner/task/outlook items from those?

like:
    "Can you meet at 4pm?". Team recognizes the 4PM Time Context and Meet as a action you can take.

Meet and 4PM become underlined at which point you can right-click it and choose somthing like "Add to planner as a task"
    or
    "create outlook meeting"

Creating a planner task sets the time context as the due date where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to hide a planner tab (in the same way you can hide a channel)

We are using a planner tab for each of the projects we are working on; however, we leave them there once we are done (currently, it is an archive of sorts). It would be brilliant if we could hide planner tabs within a channel when we are done with them (without deleting them). It would enable me have more control over my tab lists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Chart and Schedule for "My Tasks"

"Charts" and "Schedules" are available in the planner in individual channels. However these are not available when trying to view all "my tasks" . So you can not see an overall schedule or progress of everything assigned to you. You have to go into each channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to get Planner tasks deadline notification in Teams

I want to get Teams notification when Planner tasks deadline is approaching or late.
    Right now, We can get only Planner assignment notifications in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

Their actions and any tasks they create now say 'former member'. This is a serious problem for archiving and record keeping. Current work around is to remember to export the plan to excel before removing a member

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To get a chart that shows the tasks assigned for the whole team, not only in the plan.

I have many groups and plans that have many members in common. Yet when I want to know whos busy and whos free I have to go to the plans one by one and check the chart and the schedule that shows only the tasks assigned to the members only in the opened plan.

Adding a feature where I can see the tasks for the whole team in the group or the whole organization in a chart/ schedule will make distributing the tasks among the members much easier and the work more efficient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. policy for who can delete the planner

We need Microsoft to create a policy for who can delete the planner in Microsoft Teams. This will be a very useful policy for Teams users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restored the permanently planner

i think Micrsosoft should create a recycle bin for storing the deleted planners in case that users delete planners accidently

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Flow to trigger when two tasks are complete.

I have two buckets, each with identical task names and each assigned to a different team member. I need a third task to be created ONLY when both tasks are marked complete.

This requires that the bucket names be checked and the task names that are complete be equal to each other. This allows two parallel tasks to flow into a single work stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Order of arrangement of tasks

The feature to be able to arrange tasks based on a number or letter or a particular set order (in accordance with how a user wants the task to be done). Arranging/reordering tasks is very inconvenient and not efficient enough

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mark Task as Both Important AND Urgent

We should have the ability to mark a task as BOTH Urgent AND Important so we can better prioritize our day. This would be a huge benefit for anyone who uses the Urgent/Important quadrant/matrix to plan their day (the "Eisenhower Matrix").
    https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_91.htm
    If you could do that, then you could add a view to show tasks in the quadrants of Urgent/Not Urgent/Important/Not Important

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members

When assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members add a feature that requires everyone to click "complete" so it stays "Open". It often happens that one person on the assigned task completes their portion of the work and clicks their item - and - the entire task complete. If it were the case that all items in the list within a task must be checked "complete" before the main task can be checked "complete" that would be very useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. multiple members planner

Dear Microsoft,

Related to:
    11424171-assign-tasks-to-multiple-users

This task is not complete to the expectation of Planner users. What is also needed is the ability to assign a single task to be completed by ALL ASSIGNED to the task. For example, I want the members of my leadership team to read a book. Right now if I create that task and one individual completes the task it is complete for all. I need to see each individual complete the task and when all assigned have completed it then the main task is complete.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bulk update template for Teams Network Planner

Currently it is not possible to update multiple site information at one go in the Teams Network Planner. Kindly provision a Bulk update template for the same.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. One View of Tasks

I want to see all the tasks allocated to me (from different planners in different teams) in one view so that I do not miss out on any task and I shouldnt have to go to each teams to know the task allocated to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color Coded Cards

Allow user to color code the entire card. The current label is far too small to be of any use. Also, make the graphics for Priority and Progress larger. Trello allows users to apply useful covers or graphics to cards for quicker task tracking. Kanbans are visual and should be accessed quickly with colors and images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Progress and Status Option

I would like the progress/status option in Planner to be customizable to where we can update and add in the type of progress/status we would like to see. Similar to how the labels you can type in the name, but would like to see this applied to the progress/status feature and this to be updated as well in the charts view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Generic Planner Tasks

Should be able to use the Planner for my general work tasks without creating a team for this. I have some short lived projects/tasks that don't warrant creation of a whole team, but would still like to be able to create stand alone tasks in the Planner App within Teams. I generally us MS Outlook Tasks for this, however, since I also utilize Teams, I would like to only have to check one location for all of my tasks, globally.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Planer features also in TEAMS

In Planer Browser Version one is able to download the tasks into an Excel file. This is NOT possible when you open/integrate Planer in a TEAMS Channel. The button "Export plan to Excel" is simply not missing (actually all "..." Features). Would be great if this feature is added to Planer in TEAMS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base