Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Feedback from Feedback from MS.

Whilst it's good that MS want to get User ideas and votes, it only works if users in turn get good feedback from MS.
    I have several features that I have voted for with no idea if they have been considered or where they sit on the queue (if indeed they do)?
    I have almost given up on User Voice for planner since any comments/requests just fall into a MS black hole!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner dashboard should take you to project

On the main page of the planners app with all the tasks assigned to you the tasks should be clickable and take you to the planners page where the task is located so you can see the whole project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to Print Tasks

I would love to be able to print task cards including the comments, to-do list, etc. We would be using it to keep a physical paper trail in case anything went wrong. Right now all we can do is a screenshot, or just write everything in the notes section so it is easy to copy and paste into a word doc to print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy a 'master plan' from Planner to an MS Teams channel

I have created a 'master plan' with multiple buckets, tasks and checklists in Planner, which can be used to run the majority of our projects. However you don't seem to be able to copy this 'master plan' to a new Teams Channel when the channel is created. Having to recreate the exact same plan seems a bit of a nonsense or am I missing something?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planners in private channels

The ability to create a private planner in a private channel in Teams is much needed. Right now I have to create a private channel in Teams. Open Planner and create a private plan, copy the link. Open the Team channel and create a website tab and pasting the link. TOO MUCH!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In Planner, tasks aligned to multi-people that they complete for themselves only

Group of people assigned to a task each have to complete the task - do not want the task completed because 1 person has done so - want a way to view status of task with subset of who's completed and who has not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Bucket Name display option to Task Kanban

The Kanban card shows the Channel name, But I don't know wat bucket it came from within the channel, in the Planner view in Teams or the My Tacks in Planner. Can you add an option to show or not show the Bucket Name on the kanban. Display the Bucket name under the Channel name.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Planner color-coding for Schedule View and Board

Add color-coding feature for Schedule View (not only red for overdue tasks)
    Enable color-coding for Buckets, changing whole card on Board for better visualization (not tiny square with color code as in current labels feature)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Attached link shown on task card must not use huge icon

As described in this forum post
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-planner-links-showing-as-large-icons/4e757700-5fa9-4f0a-b400-b476f0c4ca1a
    the layout of Planner task cards with an attachment of type "link" for which "Show on card" is ticked has changed for the worse recently.
    The feature adds a clickable link with a small icon before it to the card. A few days ago, this was all it did, and we liked it.
    Now, the icon is also used as the preview image, larger than the card itself (see screenshot), wasting precious screen space. There seems to be no way to disable the preview image (other than not showing the link on the…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incluir TAREAS en cada CANAL.

Estimados Tutores:Soy M Rosario Vaquerizo, acabé el curso de TEAMS. Me ha gustado como nueva plataforma de trabajo online en nuestro ámbito educativo. Quiero haceros una propuesta de mejora de la APLICACIÓN

--> En cada CANAL debiera haber una pestaña TAREAS, ya que esto implica un control de los envíos de trabajos, recepción y su corrección, más ordenada de cara a los alumnos... y profesores. Si cada CANAL es un ámbito o asignatura, toooooodas las tareas salen juntas en CANAL GENERAL.

Gracias por vuestra orientaciones durante el curso. Un saludo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. calendário e o dia da entrega das atividades

Além de mostrar as reuniões no calendário, teria também a opção de ativar o dia das atividades nele, assim ficaria mais organizado e todos saberiam a data de entrega

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner - Task origin indication

Regarding planner. It would be good to see where does the task comes from. This would in opinion give an better overview when quicky are thinking what it is about or which team you should find more details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create Planner during the meeting in onepage

1. in meeting, wiki or OneNote page, create a plug-in to generate planner in a draft bucket that can be easy to copy or move to other bucket.

2. create standard template for planner to quick edit and assignment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to get Planner Calendar synced to Outlook for reminders feature

Need to know how our Team can add the "See your Planner calendar in Outlook" We don't have the drop down option "..." next to Schedule (see attachment).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add date and info

1) when our teamchef delete a planned shift you get a notification that he deleted a shift you can not see wich shift in the notification. If you click on it, the calendar opens to the new version without seeing the shift thats been deleted it should be visible wich shift it was
    2) if we ask holiday or trainig in our planning you can add a reason some discription but when the planner add this to our planning the resaon is not in our planning by example you add a adress for a training in the demand this is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set up plan completely (with assigning users) before executing plan and adding members

I'd like to be able to go through and set up a plan completely with my buckets and tasks and go ahead and assign who I want to them. All this without having "executed" the plan and notify all the members and such. If I add members, they get notified immediately. I'd rather it be "inactive" until I have it all set up, then mark it "active" and the members get notified. I don't want them being notified or informed about it until I'm completely ready for it to start.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide backup functionality for add-on features like Planner

Currently I export to Excel as a way to backup my data. Can we get a backup/save feature within Planner?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic update of progress based on start date?

If a task start date is in the past, the progress should automatically change from "Not Started" to 'In Progress".

This doesn't appear to happen currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to calculate savings in PLANNER

Ability to calculate savings in PLANNER.
    I am Procurement Responsible.
    I am using Planner to manage the savings for my team of 30 people.
    Each task is a topic (a project) where we need to make savings.
    Is it possible to enter in each task (1- Initial amount, 2- savings and 3- Final amount) ? And be able at the end to calculate all the savings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a time feature to due dates in Planner

can we add a time to the due date in planner? some projects are time sensitive and need to be done by a certain time vs just any time during the day. it would also be nice to add an alert reminder

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base