Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide ability to create swimlanes, or exception workflows

Custom kanban board design functionality such as what LeanKit provides allow board designers to create horizontal and vertical splits within columns to allow for more complex workflows. An example would be a horizontal swimlane for work that needs to be expedited.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. planner

In summary secreen you can see overall action completions. Is there a way to follow up time based ? For example weekly ratio of action completion. Actions Completed for the week / Actions Planned for the week

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Owner & Member Roles and permissions

Both owner and members can change all the actions. If requires validation before closing the action by the team. And Action was closed. Only way to see the action closed is to go closed actions and check. Can we add a permisson group ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to be able to decide for myself what grouping is the startpage within planner

It always starts with 'buckets'. But I want my basic look to be 'voortang' (progress).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Individual Planner to combine all tasks from all teams into one calendar view

Currently you can view calendar at team level but not at individual level.

Would be great if you had calendar view of all your tasks assigned to you from every team (or selected teams) at individual level so that one can plan week / month properly.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create milestones in Planner

It would be great to be able to create "milestones" in Planner, where we can assign tasks as being part of certain milestones. We can sort of do this with the Checklist, but sometimes each checklist item deserves it's own discussion. We also have the tags, but I'm picturing something a bit more explicit, similar to Github issues/milestones (see image). By assigning tasks to milestones, you can see clearly that the milestone is "met" only when the tasks are done. Currently, we've been setting milestones by creating separate Plans. This might belong in the Planner forum, but my only exposure…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Fields like Trello and more

Able to create custom fields to a planner board. Custom Field Type:

List (drop down) (Custom Status: Investigated, Started, Hold, Finished, Deployed)

Person (assign people to different fields: Deployment, Develope, Investigate)

Text (hyperlink support)

Other Tasks (Link to other task for parent/children relationship)

Checkbox

Date

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. scrollbar

The scrollbar is really hard to see - especially on wide views like Planner. In a way I could see where you were going in making it less obtrusive, but it becomes harder to find.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be nice to have an import feature for Planner tasks. Import csv file...

Would be nice to have an import feature for Planner tasks. Import csv file...

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Planner App more visible

We have a lot of none IT-people in the back-office.
    I must show them frequently where the planer app is (an their tasks) because its so hidden in teams.
    (Click the three tiny dots, click on teams).

• I wish i could modify teams so that Planner is a main button the the side menu

• I wish i could set the app any as default start page, company wide, so they see every-morning their tasks.

• i wish teams would cache things. I can`t stand this endless loading indicators while switching between pages

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. new planner action pop-up

Add the possibility to create a action in planner without leaving the current page. For exemple, you are discussing a power BI report, and you decide to take an action, it would be great to be able to click "new action" that opens a pop-up to just create the action without leaving the report/tab you're currently looking at.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. start a conversation about planner task

Start a conversation about a Planner Task

When you have a Planner Board setup within your team you can have a conversation about the whole board. But since this board is likely to contain dozens, if not hundreds, of Planner Tasks having a generic conversation on all of them is quite cumbersome. Within a Planner Task you can comment, but these are sent as emails to the group and are not showing up in he Channel Chat.

What would make Planner really work for us is when you can start a conversation in Teams about a Planner Task. just as…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gives Plans & Tasks a Resource Duration time

Gives Plans & Tasks a Resource Duration time

Provide the option to assign a duration time per plan & tasks, the tasks duration will consume the plan total resource, provide reports & static's, allow for an overrun

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to edit/remove comments on cards within Planner

The ability to be able to either edit or remove a comment made on a card within planner. This can just be at teams room owner level not all members

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remind employee of existing task from Planner in Teams

It would be great if an Admin of a Team can remind users of a task. For example, if I am a manager, I might want to remind an employee of a task, so I should be able to select a button that will let me remind the user, and/or update them if I make any changes to the task.

This would be truly effective in order to ensure you can remind/update employees if necessary.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner "Schedule" view weekends

Please style the weekends with a different color or allow a "work week" view. I am forever scheduling tasks to end on Saturday or start on Sunday and then having to go back and fix my work

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Planner update - Dark Mode does not show text as white

Thanks for the Planner update in Teams! However, the "Board, Charts, Schedule" buttons are unreadable in Dark Mode. Please adjust!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved functionality for Planner comments

Please add all the functionality of conversations to comments in Planner. I'd like to be able to @ someone to make sure they see a comment, edit or delete a comment, and I'd like to be able to change notifications (other than email) for Planner.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. My Planner display is truncated

Screen truncated so no idea if there are any other items in any of the columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base