Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Able to connect Teams with Plans created directly in Planner

Better ability to connect plans, teams and groups together when they get created seperately.

Projects sometime start as a Team, or a simple project, or email chain - we don't need all the functionality, until the project grows and then we find we cant connect the different platforms if they were not done in a specific way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is it possible to have an entry in Teams calendar of the assigned user, the items assigned to the user in Teams Planner ?

You may have a check box in the planner asking the user "Do you want to apply this to Team's calendar?" .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add option to download attachment in MS Teams Planner

We need the ability to download a file attachment when we use planner inside MS Teams. Currently you have to view the file online, and then download it. See attached image:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In a team there are many individual tasks. But there is no task mgm system in Teams which limit the use of it very much.

In a team there are many individual tasks. But there is no task mgm system in Teams which limit the use of it very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Planning tool for teachers

I've only just started using the software, so I don't know if I've just missed it!

It would be great to have an app that replaces my weekly lesson planner, where you can input your weekly timetable once and have it repeated each week. Then, you could select a lesson on any given week and type/upload alesson plan and add any resources required for that lesson so it's all in one place.

This would make it really easy to plan lessons as well as link other teachers to your lesson slot on the timetable to share resources and plans for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please allow ordering of groups to be done in different ways - chronological or alphabetical

Filtering by due date is not always useful.
    I would like to see all tasks listed in order - a chose between chronological/alphabetical, regardless of which group is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. be able to see all meetings (set up on microsoft outlook) in one place

within skype, on the top ribbon there is a meeting to see meetings set up on outlook (both skype call meetings and other meetings/appointments). this allows a quick glance at upcoming meetings which allows management of time at a quick glance.
    I can't clearly see an equivalent on Microsoft teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to export all of the checklists related to task into Excel so you can create burndown charts.

If you need to export into excel, you should be able to export the checklist items in a task as that shows stakeholders how much of a particular item is complete.

If you could export this into excel at this level, then you could create burn down charts (used as a measure in Scrum) and manage the expectation of stakeholders when delivering a project.

By doing this it would be possible to allow the Planner tool to do the work when asking product owners to prioritise the next items to be delivered in a project without having to replicate work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Esclation process on planner

Is there a way I can escalate to manager if the task is showing 'not completed by due date, in planner?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a way to see all assignments

Place where we can see what we have and when its due

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back Activity page for Planner (tasks from all teams could be seen)

I am so sad to see that all the activity for planner has been moved to the Activity Feed. I loved seeing the calendar and seeing what tasks I have in progress and what is done across all of my Teams. The views gave me a lot of information about my tasks. I want this feature back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save filters for Planner by channel

Our team uses a shared planner between multiple channels to keep track of our overall tasks. For each channel, we filter down to that channel's bucket and change the grouping. We would prefer for this filter to remain with a given channel's view when we move away from that view or close the application.

In summary:
    - Planner shared between channels
    - Desire Planner filters to be sticky/saved by channel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add "View by Bucket" into the Planner view in MS Teams

The user interface of Planner is different in Teams. For one thing the "View by Bucket" option is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignments due

There should be a complete list of all your assignments in chronological order of due dates instead of all your assignments in each subject. It takes 5-10 seconds (depending on how slow your wifi/data is) to switch between subjects which can be a bit annoying at times. I would like to see all of my assignments for all of my subjects together.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New Tasks in Teams need improvement!

The new "Tasks in Teams" needs to also have planner tasks and flagged email in a common taks/personal list. If not, then what is the purpose of this feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock titles in top of screen when scrolling in Planner

When presenting meeting projects using Planner - scrolling down the actions and comments moves the Planner title off the screen - Just like Excel's row lock, do the same for the Planner actions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please, enable tasks to be grouped by individual week days. Each day as it's own group.

Please, enable tasks to be grouped by individual week days. Each day as it's own group.

Currently, you only have "group by due date" which creates a group for today, a group for tomorrow, a group for this week (outside of today & tmrw), a group for next week and thereafter.

Individual day grouping is so much more visually appealing.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dependency Text box within in planner

Tasks getting added into the planner will have dependencies to other tasks. It will be better to have a dependency box preferably hyper linked to the dependent task

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love for there to be a second set of labels to apply to Planner tasks; for my purposes, that would be "themes"

Would love for there to be a second set of labels to apply to Planner tasks; for example, I currently use the labels to identify business areas for each task, but would also like to dissect my tasks by "themes" - which is why a second set of labels would come in handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base