Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the no of Check List items of a task in planner

My suggestion is to have more check list items in a task of Planner. Currently it is limited to 20 items max.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Task - several users progress

As of today, when several users have the same task, there is no mean to see who has completed the task and who hasn't.
    Today, when one assigned user to that task select "completed", Planner considers that all the users have completed it and show the task as completed.
    The task should not be shown as completed before ALL users have clicked on "completed". Individual progress should been shown in the task.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show label colors on planner calendar

The current planner calendar in teams does not show the task highlighted with the color of the label that it is assigned to. This only gives an all white calendar that is difficult to see items by type, priority, or if they are at risk. Example is attached.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner - Task - Comments

Planner - Task - Comments

Please dis-able below ability to delete Task Comments in Planner:

When a Comment is added to any Task in Planner, notification is sent in Outlook under "Groups" to each member in the Group/Team.

If any individual deletes one or all of these notifications in their Outlook, it ALSO DELETES THE COMMENT(S) ON THE APPLICABLE TASK(S) in the Team Planner.

This causes many issues as you may imagine (though it is also a way to remove a comment...which some people have been asking for...but this removes comments unintentionally more often than not).

If there is going…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We would like the ability to connect an existing planner to a new team

We would like the ability to connect an existing planner to a new team. She has an existing planner that she has been working with and would like to connect that with a new team channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gantt view time plan for teams

Hur ligger ni till i att skapa en tidplan i Gantt-vy som kan användas i Teams?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. planner comment delete edit

It is more convenient for Planner's Task Comment to be able to delete or edit, it like Teams's conversation and chat.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. planner icons

Currently the icons in Planner tabs do not use the associated Skype for Business pictures and instead show the generic system initials. It would be ideal for this to scrape the same data that Teams is using to pull in the Skype picture as it becomes tedious to hover over each icon with the same initials to figure out who is assigned a specific task. I do not see an existing ask for this when searching here for planner.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Status Change & Labelling

Whenever the status is marked as complete, the task description gets striked off and moved to 'Completed' bucket even when we have a custom bucket. Also, it would be nice to have the color of the label as the background for the task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is no draft that is recorded as in emails???

I was completting a task planner filling the information. However, when i miminise the window all the information was LOST losing 1 hour of word. I don't understand why it was not recorded as a draft or even does not allow the option or provide a warning that you are going to lose the information if you minimise the window..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users

Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users except the person who assigned it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Planner Tasks Disappeared

All of a sudden I cannot view my planner tactics within Microsoft teams. The tab is still there but when I click to view, the thinking icon appears and then nothing. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hard to distinguish visually tasks

When you have a list of buckets and a list of tasks in each bucket, if you have some tasks assigned to someone mixed with some tasks that are unassigned, it is pretty hard to visually see which tasks are assigned or not, and seperate visually the tasks.
    It is hard to see if the title of the task belongs to the above or below line.
    A visual seperator would make life so much easier. Or add some kind of themes for the user to select.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Attachments in Planner

Currently when you upload an outlook file into your files and then attach it to a Planner card the link will not take you to the file - it gives you an error. I have had this problem at two different companies with MS Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy Planners as Templates into other Teams

If I have the same/similar set of deliverables for multiple projects and I want to make a "Template" Planner that can be uploaded to multiple Teams without having to enter all the deliverables into a new Planner for every project. Can we make this happen?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. planner status report automation

Scrape title, description and most recent comments from Planner cards for export to OneNote or Word thus generating a status report. Optionally, post as additional section within charts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More than 11 users assigned for one task

Planner only allows 11 users to be assigned to a task. Need to be able to add more. Additionally, the task only allows one person to mark the task complete rather than individually. I do not want to create the same task 11 times.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to export tasks and subtasks from SharePoint into MS Teams Planner

we have entire project plans in tasks in SharePoint and are now using MS teams. would like an easy what to migrate them over to Planner

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. unable to post a comment on a task assigned in Planner module

I get the following error when I try to post a comment on a task that's assigned in the Planner Module:

You no longer have access to "1dffb6e3-1f4d-4ed6-9512-2eabcf75621e". Technical details
    Correlation ID: 5d07aad9-8c38-4cdb-9a18-3291768e2f5c
    Time Stamp: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:17:36 GMT

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base