Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign Task to Not memeber without add them as Member

Why assign a task to someone add that person to team? why Microsoft do no allow add task to people that are not part of the team, that person should be able to work with the task assigned to him but not add access to all the Team. It is like in Outlook you create a task and assign it to "Genaro" and automatically "Genaro" get access to all your mail to be able to work in that task.

We need separate permission.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Availability to pinn "planner" or other sections to the quick access.

Availability to pin "planner" or other sections to the quick access.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. User Interface

it would be nice if there were a way to customize the navigation bar on the left - to maybe have shortcuts to other apps such as personal outlook to see personal tasks etc. and then something to get into other commonly used

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Individual Checklists in MS Planner

I want several check lists (as much as I want) in MS Planner.
    And I want to name them as I want.

At the moment there is only one fixed check list called "Checklist". That´s not enough.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple complete options should be available for a task

When you assign a task to multiple people there are two cases:
    1. The task should be completed by someone(s) from the assigned poeple. ( The assigned people may share the task, then eventually someone conduct the final step to complete the task)

1. The task should be done by all the peolple that are assigned to the task ( The task owner needs to make sure everyone should do the same task . for example.. Read team circular )

But the planner seems to support the first case. I think many people will find it interesting if the case 2…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add voting to Planner

In order to help us migrate from Trello to Planner/Teams, please could you add the option to vote for tasks in Planner.

We use planner to capture design issues for discussion, for example, and we'd like to be allow people to vote for certain items

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Task Dependencies

It would be nice to be able to setup up dependencies. For example within a board be able to set a task that has to be completed before another task can be started. This would be even more helpful if when the frist task was completed the assigned personal on the next task where alerted so they could start their task. This isn't meant to compete with Shartpoint or Project Manager. I'm not trying to setup a Project as much as allow my Network team alert my ground team that the network is ready for the change over that they…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This is really about Planner, but we want to use Planner in Teams exclusively so...can you provide a summary view for Planner Items s

We'd like to have Planner items be compact like maybe 2 lines max and be able to float over them for more detail or to open them up. That way we just see the summary item in the various bucket/lists sections and they are easier to skim and scroll through. Make sense?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Tasks Assigned to Direct Reports

Need to be able to see direct report work load and what they are working on and what is assigned to them. Otherwise planner is not that useful. Please add this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a "cc" group to tasks

I would like an easy way for all stakeholders in tasks to monitor them instead of having to browse multiple channels in multiple teams. The current work-around is to include all interested parties in the "assign to" group, which is not a good practice because it confuses ownership.

I think a "cc" list in the task itself, (possibly with a column or filter in the planner app) would be a good approach to keeping all stakeholders informed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. recover deleted tasks and buckets

Please make it possible to recover deleted tasks and buckets of tasks. Sometimes people do stupid things.

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. planner desktop app

I would like to see a standalone desktop app for planner. Or give the same functionality of browser version if planner in teams desktop app as a standard left hand pane tab.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. onenote mention

Implement the @mention feature inside OneNote

Currently it's not possible to @mention people inside OneNote. Even though you've implemented templates for meeting minutes and action items for example. It would be much more easier to introduce the attendees with @mention or even better, to assign action items directly to people by @mention them.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tags on tasks (to identify team, project, type of tasks, priority ...)

It could be really useful to add tags on tasks in order to search, sort, filter in a list of tasks.
    For project management, it will be easier to go from a general view to a detailed per ressource, project, customer ...
    And for everyone to list urgent tasks, from a specific project, or subject, or solution ...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Planner notify you when a task is done

I don't get a notification when someone completes a task in planner that I've assigned. Means I have to manually check.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send email when a task is marked complete or due date changed

It would good to get a notification when a task is marked complete or Due date is changed. This notification can go to either whole team or owners only.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a text editor to Planner description, comments and checklist items

I'd like to be able to make my description and comments more useful, and having a text editor would help that. In particular, being able to add links INLINE instead of only as attachments is key. As attachments, they lose context that can be provided in a description, comment or checklist item. And sometimes, the checklist item is simply that a specific link needs to be reviewed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base