Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Tasks Functionality

It would be really great if the Tasks functionality in Teams could be improved. It's bothersome that assigning a task for multiple people to complete requires programming individual tasks for each person. Otherwise, if you create a single task for multiple people, a single person has the power to mark it as "Complete" for all listed users. I currently use the "Checklist" as a workaround by listing each person's name, but it would be great if a task assigned to multiple people could also be marked "complete" by each individual person.

Is it possible to update the tasks functionality in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Planner and Approval

It would be nice to be able to link approvals to planner tasks, without having to switch tabs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tag @user in planner/tasks comments

When writing comments in the planner / tasks app it should be possible to tag a user so the user gets notified. This should be possible for assigned users as well as other users in the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase horizontal scroll bar height to navigate through Microsoft Planner in Teams (hard to click on)

The height of the horizontal scrollbar in Planner is very low, therefore it is hard to navigate quickly through MS Planner boards. This problem bothers me since 2+ years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner & Tasks inside Teams - bad overview

Using Planner and Tasks inside Teams is such a bad experience, you get very bad overview, I can only see about 3 columns on the page (Make us able to shrink the width of the columns, or make everything smaller, task cards and columns to fit more)

We need to have a good overview of all the tasks. Most of us use small laptop screens.

Planner also has a bad contrast between the background and the task cards, which make everything just blend in together...

And please benchmark Planner to Trello and similar leading services, just copy everything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tasks Planner inside Teams - bad overview

Using Planner and Tasks inside Teams is such a bad experience, you get very bad overview, I can only see about 3 columns on the page (Make us able to shrink the width of the columns, or make everything smaller, task cards and columns to fit more)

We need to have a good overview of all the tasks. Most of us use small laptop screens.

Planner also has a bad contrast between the background and the task cards, which make everything just blend in together...

And please benchmark Planner to Trello and similar leading services, just copy everything.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Agile methodology features

It would be interesting to have some more agile methodology features (Scrum / Safe), like:

• backlog

• Sprints

• Burndown charts

We can simulate at least the first 2 with buckets, but not perfect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tasks

Option to add custom progress choices such as "On Hold", "Blocked", "Behind".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Optimal merging of OneNote tasks and MS Planner tasks in MS Teams

You can add a task in OneNote notebook. This task will then also appear in Outlook.

It would be desirable if a task in (local OneNote client or in the MS Teams integration) OneNote could be defined as MS Planner task.

Together with the better integration of Teams, Planner, To Do, Sharepoint and Outlook desired by other users, this would be optimal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow me to Filter by date Created,

My team sees the value in being able to filter our planner by the date task were created. we can filter by the due date currently but being able to filter by date created would be extremely benificial to keep a flow of oldest to newest task

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Air conditioner

need help with air conditioner as it seems to be broken

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Click on ... on any message, then create "Tasks by Planner"

Click on any message, then the ... in upper right hand corner.
    Option to "Create Task by Planner"
    Message automatically copied to "Description" section.
    User to add title, assign, details etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. @Mention Tags/Site Name to notify / assign a group to a To Do item in a pinned Tasks tab

I have a "Tasks by Planner and To Do" tab pinned in an existing Teams site and would like the ability to add a To Do item and notify or assign a tagged group or Team membership - @Owners or @Teams Site 1 for example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Replies from outlook to comments or assigned tasks in planner get posted directly to planner

Replies from outlook to comments or assigned tasks in planner get posted directly to planner

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replies from outlook to comments or assigned tasks in planner get posted directly to planner

Replies from outlook to comments or assigned tasks in planner get posted directly to planner

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. export Kanban to Excel

To export the data enable using it smoothly in Power points or excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner summary view show channel's name for easily understanding task-describe.

If task name is same, I don't get task detail. That is why I'd like to add channel's name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add copy& paste image option to Team- while assigning a task

Hi, I am using Teams & Planner actively. Currently I can only attach a file to a task. Can we also simply copy& paste or drop a screenshot? i have to paste a screenshot to excel, save it to my desktop and attached it to a task for time being but this is not practical.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a model task like on TRELLO

On TRELLO we can find a segment that is a model task that we just need to open a fill in. On Planner, we have to create a task and copy it every time. It would gain us much more time if we could have it like on trello

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Find a task on Teams that already exist

We can find yhe task on teams in "Task by Planner" but I want to find my existant task in a planner tab that i created on teams. But all i see that it propose to me to create new tasks.
    And by the same occasion, it would be good to move a task from a team to another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base