Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tasks by Planner: See tasks I've assigned

I want to see a list of the tasks I've assigned to others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show tasks on schedule in same color as label

I would like to be able to see tasks by the colour of their label. I realise that late tasks show up as red, so perhaps there could be some dual system. However, I'd like to be able to differentiate between the different labels when i have the unfiltered schedule view on.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Planner schedule free data choice options

In the app "Task by Panner and To Do" as well as in "MS Planner" the schedule for tasks in a channel is only visible in a Week or Month overview, but it would be a very big benefit if the user could choose what dates he/she want to see. For example I can not select the planning for a quarterly period or of the whole year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reserve a desk app

Seeing that many companies are closing physical offices due to the pandemic and that teleworking will probably become more common, an app to reserve a desk based on a layout at a coworking or similar space would help to manage the stations or spaces available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Drop Down Menus for task templates within a New Task

Within Tasks By Planner, when a task is created, please create a drop down where I can choose from a list of our created template tasks. This saves a lot of time as the copy task function is clunky.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. planner improvements

• Use rich text in the description & comments for text formatting

• @tag persons in comments

• Link to attachments in comments

• Being able to edit a comment after posting (with a note that the comment has been edited)

Optional:
    -Being able to format your own planner cards (text boxes which matter to you)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link tasks from different buckets

It would be nice to have the ability to link tasks from different buckets if the two tasks are deemed related, but not identical. That way dependencies can be highlighted and monitored through a project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customizable columns in Tasks by Planner and To Do

The list view is very convenient in the Tasks by Planner & To Do. But the list of columns (headers) that are displayed is fixed. It would be better if the user could choose which columns to display from all the available fields. Most other apps/SharePoint have this feature.
    I hope you consider adding this capability. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy or Import Labels

I use the same labels over and over in different projects. I would like to be able to copy the labels from one project to another either by importing, creating a template card or by copying them somehow. It is tedious to set them up on each project.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy or Import Labels

I use the same labels over and over in different projects. I would like to be able to copy the labels from one project to another either by importing, creating a template card or by copying them somehow. It is tedious to set them up on each project.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy or Import Labels

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy or Import Labels

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assign tasks to non-members of the Team

It should be possible to assign a task to a non-member of the team. This shall NOT mean that the person the task is assigned to should be added to the Team, but should simply receive the task assignment and be able to read/modify the task element.
    With the current solution no confidentiality can be implemented within an organization, making the whole solution unusable for big companies, where a manger sees all the assigned activities and the employees only see the ones they are assigned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow 'Tasks assigned to me' to be filtered by colour labels

when assigning tasks you may use colour labels to show which category/person the tasks includes or is assigned to (if tracking someone else's to do list)
    using the colour labels makes it easier to identify a particular individual included within the task.

Having the colour labels within 'tasks assigned to me' and being able to filter based on the labels would be more beneficial than going into each separate team channel (especially if there are multiple with tasks)
    When tracking others to do list/tasks you may assign yourself to the task to keep a reminder - so having the colour…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tasks by Planner: show Channel name in any task-related view

Because tasks and planners in different channels can have the same name, it can be confusing to look at lists of tasks across multiple channels because the channel name is not included in the task listsing. For example, when I look at tasks assigned to me across all channels. The channel name should be included in all such listings as well as when moving tasks from one plan to another in different channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. update task in planner list view

It will be very useful to allow end-user to edit their tasks directly in the the list and not via the pop-up. We will save time !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allows to change/add column on planner tasks list

it will be very useful if you allow end user to customise their task list view in planner. For example it will be useful to view the start date. thanks !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically convert ticked off checklist item to comment "logbook"

I imagine a kind of logbook in the comments. When someone ticks of an item on the chacklist, planner should automatically create a comment like "John Doe ticked off item3 [Date, time]". That would add even more transparency to the progress of a task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. TASK

For the task planner we should be able to move task up and down by just dragging them and up. It's easier amd faster. I would also suggest whe a task has been commented it should light up or change color to help flag it. Send the comment notification to our emails don't work, most of I would say are trying to move away from emails because they're so inundated with emails

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personal Boards within Planner

We us the planner board all the time to help visually assign tasks and keep on top of projects.

What is really missing is the ability to create a personal task board that you can manage your self.

I'm sick of switching over to trello app to manage my own tasks when it could easily be built into the Tasks/Planner app tab.

Currently Personal plans only allow you to view your tasks as a list where as shared plans can be viewed as a list OR a board.

Can we please get the board feature added to personal plans

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base