Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Break the 'Planned' list into sections

I use the Microsoft ToDo app rather than the list in Teams because the 'Planned' section - which shows all upcoming tasks - is broken into sections, like Today, Tomorrow, The next few days, and Later: thereby allowing a quick focus on those tasks that need to be completed soon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Private Channel Tasks App

My department has a single large team broken down by each individual working unit having their own private channel which they work in on a day to day basis.

We are unable to have tasks added to each individual private channel which is stopping each team from being able to work on their own tasks in their own channels.

Can you please add the ability to have tasks functionality added to private channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. (Planner or Tasks) Add Bucket Column in the "My Tasks / Assigned To Me" List View

In Tasks and To-Do (aka Planner), the ability to add Bucket column so as to provide better context. For example, right now you can only see "Source" as a column, but not the "Bucket" within each of those plans.

This makes it very difficult for a user to figure out exactly what work is being done against which bucket - especially if you are a member of a large number of plans.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add copy& paste image option to Team- while assigning a task

Hi, I am using Teams & Planner actively. Currently I can only attach a file to a task. Can we also simply copy& paste or drop a screenshot? i have to paste a screenshot to excel, save it to my desktop and attached it to a task for time being but this is not practical.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a model task like on TRELLO

On TRELLO we can find a segment that is a model task that we just need to open a fill in. On Planner, we have to create a task and copy it every time. It would gain us much more time if we could have it like on trello

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Find a task on Teams that already exist

We can find yhe task on teams in "Task by Planner" but I want to find my existant task in a planner tab that i created on teams. But all i see that it propose to me to create new tasks.
    And by the same occasion, it would be good to move a task from a team to another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a feature to add a printscreen into a task, instead of as attachment

When we have a recurrent task and want to add print-screens into that same task, instead of save it as a file and then attach it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Watcher on Task

Add “keep informed” functionality to task item. This is to allow for individuals to be added to a task for information purposes only. The separate list will ensure that there is no confusion as to who is assigned to resolve the task, and who is merely wanting to be kept informed. Currently only assignees and individual who logged task are informed when comments are made on the task.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter lists in Planner shown in different channel tabs

Being able to share a plan from Planner with our team is great but it would be great if we could share the plan unfiltered in one channel as a tab but then say go in to another channel within the same tab, add the plan again as a tab across the top but be able to show a filtered view of that same plan that may impact those who watch a particular channel.

Use case being with special interest groups that are split conversations using channels and only need to see tasks within their bucket within Planner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Carding

How to defend from carding attempts?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Within the tasks by planner list view, add a start date column.

I would like to see a start date column in the tasks by planner list view. It currently only displays the due date. There have been several times where the project start date gets missed because it is not displayed clearly on the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner Task - Owner change view

I have a feature suggestion to the TEAMS - PLANNER - INDIVIDUAL TASK.
    Multiple times the owners (assigned to a task) change. It will be good to see a single line on the bottom of the TASK showing from left to right the 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... owners or assignees to that task with a quick date. So we know where the waiting happened in the transfer of task.
    See attached view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When adding a task to Planner, it would be helpful if you could add a "label" to the whole bucket so any tasks added have that label.

Under planner, you have certain "buckets", which I often group certain things under each bucket. So, it would be nice if I added a task in that particular bucket, it would automatically label that task depending on the bucket category. So, in theory, you would label the bucket, and all tasks in that bucket would be labeled the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Govermental learnings goals in "Grades"

I want to have possibility to assign "govermental learning goals" to "Assignments" and "Planner", and I want a meter to show in "Grades" show the completion of the learning goal. For the Norwegian version of Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the planner app you should have a search function - by task, subject header or line item etc.. you constantly have to look at all tasks n

In the planner app you should have a search function - by task &, subject header or line item etc.. currently you constantly have to look at all tasks to find what you want.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set up recurring items in Tasks by Planner

Allow tasks to be scheduled so that they appear in a certain column on a say weekly, monthly etc basis, so that you don't have to copy the task each time. Or allow, once an item has been moved to completed status that a new one of the same task comes up again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Able to assign members of your team in the "checklist" feature in the Task

Able to assign other members of your team in the "checklist" section of Planner. In this way, you can plan a project out and have a list of the next actions for the project with each person that will be involved in those steps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display assignment per item in planner calendar

To properly manage resources in the planner calendar I need to see which item is assigned to whom. Otherwise I might double-plan slots for the same person. The Avatar picture on the Task would suffice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams - Planner - To be able to sort/view tasks by Source

To be able to sort tasks by Source
    At the moment, its neither possible to click on "Source" to sort tasks by similar name, or click on the filter to filter by Source. It makes it very difficult to focus when working with several sources and numerous tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Also "Backlog" as progress category

Now progress is only measured in "Not started", "In progress" and "Completed". "Backlog" as a fourth category would be useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base