Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to export tasks added in Planner, so one can have an offline overivew of taks and their status for reporting

As of now i am able to use the App to create tasks and assign them to people and have a visual kan ban board. People are able to see their own tasks in Planner. However for reporting, i do not appear to have any ability in the app or in a web browser to extract the tasks for reporting purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams not a solution :-(

Wowh, very primitive App, for example it's not possible to create a new planner task or to join to a plan... really not a solution :-(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have different views available on the Planner tab in Teams

I need to see the Charts view in Teams. I need an option to display the Board, Charts or Schedule in Teams. Having a discussion about the Charts view would be useful in Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. alternative solution for headphones

I guess every gamer has faced the headset crash, Or the headset has stopped working , as we all know it is a common problem , But Microsoft has develpoed a jack where you can use your headphones instead of a headset, Unfortunately not all headphones work as a mic so you can chat with your friends. As a matter of fact the apple headphones donsn't work as a mic, And I think if Microsoft can develop the Console so we can use the apple headphones as a mic and headse that would be a great advantage ..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug or feature?

Planner sometimes doesn't update the description of a card after some user has changed the contents of said description. Maybe a "save" button or a pop up that tells you if it is applying the changes you made once you click out off the card would be in order. I know the Sync proccess isn't immediate, but with no way to tell if what I wrote will stay it's somewhat hard to convey important information about a task reliably to my colleagues.

If this is native to Microsoft Planner itself then I'd like to know if maybe their Support has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to tag a person in a task comment section

Tag some to let them know when their section of a task is ready without assigning a whole task to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Attached Outlook emails in planner

When adding tasks to planner it would be helpful if you were able to copy relevant emails from Outlook into the planner task.

This then shows a trail of activity and allows you to track all communications in relation to the task.

You can currently copy emails from outlook email into outlook to do however not in planner.

It would also be great if outlook to do and planner were more integrated to save having two platforms for different activities and planning. (although that's separate to the first point).

Thanks

:-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create repetitive tasks (ex. weekly) in Planner

I have tasks that I need to do weekly or periodically for projects that I set as Buckets in Planner.
    It would be really helpful to have an option that schedules the task every week or so, instead of writing a new task and completing it every week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tagga personer i Planner

Vi har tidigare arbetat i Trello. Där går det att tagga personer med @ i korten. Jag saknar den funktionen i planner jättemycket!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner + Tasks, Procrastination button

I really like this new feature so far but the reality of my life is I would like to have "Procrastination" switch. Works like this: when you create a new Tasks there is a "Procrastination" Yes / No (default NO) that when set to Yes follows me to the next 'My Day' if not clicked 'Complete'. So un-completed Tasks today move forward to tomorrow, which becomes today etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. board view

Tasks by Planner and To Do.. please add the board view back. It was extremely useful. I've tried 6 months to get used to the new version. I dislike it and hardly use it now, but have to due to work. Please add this option back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Always show title on planner task cards

When a task card is open in Planner, scrolling down to view details causes the title to scroll off the screen. In almost every meeting going through status on tasks, someone will invariably ask which item is being reviewed. If the title were always displayed, there would be a constant reminder as to which item is being reviewed. Cards don't even make use of the full window height so content space wouldn't need to suffer if the card window were made taller to support the title bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Comment on task to notify the person who assigned the task - maybe an @someone

When assigned a task by someone - I would like to able to comment (typically with a question or suggestion) and have that comment go back to the person who assigned the task (currently it comes to me - the person the task was assigned to). Or be able to @someone to make sure a specific person gets a notification. In my research so far - there is no way to do anything like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate Planner and Power BI

The user of Team Planner (as an engine for tracking team tasks) would be vastly improved if we could directly connect to Planner from Power BI, creating advanced reporting dashboards for team activities

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enter Bring Forward BF Field on tasks

Take teams to work more closely with Outlook Tasks in creating multiple reminders, and rather than a deadline only, allow for multiple deadlines such as bring forward dates. This is the task to 'write a book' by year end but you need to 'contact a publisher' and that deadline is tomorrow and you don't want a thousand tasks laid out so you can organize your deadlines. you want them all in one and then change the deadlines by task, not just project. It should have the MSOutlook TASK and MSProject deadline abilities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create CC field for assigning tasks

when creating a task and assigning to people allow for designation of role or cc role such as 'task to employee A, copy manager A' so the task late reminders go to just the emp and manager can run a report of their tasks that are truly their own, not just cc's. Being able to designate a lead vs contributor is important as well as identify who is manager. Printing a list of tasks that shows every task you are assigned isn't helpful if you're on every task because you are the manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tasks by Planner: See tasks I've assigned

I want to see a list of the tasks I've assigned to others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base