Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can I receive only 1 reminder email message for all tasks due on the same day?

e.g.
    When I have 10 tasks due on the same day,
    instead of receiving 1 notification email for 1 task (that means you receive 10 email messages), can we have 1 email message containing reminders for 10 tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an overall view of the tasks that I´ve assigned to others - just like "my tasks"-view

I am involved in many different projects in my organisation and would like to be able to have an overall view of all tasks that I have assigned to other people in my organisation (and status of them).

An "assigned tasks"-view just like the "My tasks"-view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow attachments and rtf to be captured when replying to comments in outlook

When a user replies to a planner comment sent to outlook, they will respond with images, attachments, numbered and bulleted lists. None of these are transferred over to the comment thread in planner. Basically transfer the email thread to planner as if it's in outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add Planner as a default tab (instead of Wiki)

add ms planner as a default tab (as a task management hub for each team).
    while you are at it, remove the Wiki tab, no one uses that...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create Planner Tasks from Email Notifications

If you could click and drag an email notification from the notifications bar across into a bucket it would be great if the email could be automatically attached to a planner task that opens?
    I'm by no means an expert on how software works so not sure how easy or hard this is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More Progress Graphs

When looking at the board. Can we break down a progress chart for each " ToDo" Item? If you have multiple ongoing clients it's hard to track each client's projects.

looking for this format.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS

-//CLIENT (project's completion graph, etc) / Project completion graph, etc. 

Right now it's just.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Kaizala Jobcards added to Planner Tasks

Is there a link or will there be a link with between Kaizala Jobcards and Planner Tasks which would then make all assigned actions/tasks visible on Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copying Board

Currently it is not possible to copy a board. I'd setup a board which was to be used as a template for future boards but when I decided to add a new tab to create a plan from a list that already exists, the board was created and replicated as per the previous - this is perfect. However, any subsequent changes made to the original board is then reflected in the clone board - not cool!! Similarly to how a task can be copied we should be able to copy an entire board and repurpose without it being affected by…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto check tasks when task is marked as completed

A task can consist of a maximum 20 checklist items. Lets say the assignee has not been diligent in checking off their tasks as they go along, when they select that the task has been completed this should trigger the checking off of all unchecked boxes within that task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assign a member to multiple/all tasks in a bucket

there should be an easy way to assign a person to multiple or all tasks in a bucket also being able to copy a bucket of tasks, Copying buckets should've been a 1.0 feature. I like the tool but I want it to be better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Planner Schedule View - Better Custom Visualization Enhancements

Feature request: Teams Planner Schedule/Calendar View

What would greatly help myself and my team would be if for each project the due date of the task timeframe were highlighted. It's a very helpful visual cue. All of the white blends together and it's difficult to easily discern and conceptualize your week, especially since our team does prefer the calendar view to the bucket view to help with visualizing task timeframes and overlap. I've attached a photo to show what that feature would look like. See how easy it is to quickly assess that Projects A, H, D through G are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow scaling for planner

currently - planner allows 3 buckets to be visible (or 4 if team menu hidden).
    It would be good to allow scaling of bucket width - to allow for more columns (eg kanban style - 5/(6 buckets - if task templates are used).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase number of flags

I request to increase number of flags - up from 6 to.......?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Planner in Teams - Display options - Collapse, Tiles, etc.

I have seen multiple different posts but I couldn't find this suggestion: Planner within Teams is .. clunky. The buckets are too wide and too big and there is no way to shrink or resize the columns or display settings or change the display to a different view or simply collapse all buckets into 'tiles' which you can then open/close.
    This feels like a very basic integration that hasn't been completed yet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner chart for my tasks

The channel planner has a great feature showing charts and schedule. But I can't find those options anywhere else in any other planner.

If I go to my personal planner I don't see it.

It would be great to have a chart and a schedule of all of MY items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filter charts by Time period

There should be a view on the charts option to let you see the buckets or status of the tasks for a specific time period for example a particular month or set of days vs the current option under the Due filter. Its a bit limited on being able to view the time periods.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. planner task follow

Planner - Task - Follow button

Is it possible to add a little star to add a follow button on the tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be usefull to see the tasks in planner schedule by user

It would be usefull to see the tasks in planner schedule view by user so we can see when the team will be available to work in new tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Complete task' checkbox in Planner task not visible when using Touch screen

When using a touch screen there is actually a lot not working/very hard to use. The most annoying of all is: the checkbox to complete the task is not visible and when you touch the task a bit to much to the upper right, all of a sudden your task is gone/completed! Please fix this.

Another one: when you want to open a task while the sub-tasks are shown, you are not able to open it using a touch screen. Trying to do that results in checking these boxes and therefore completing the task....

Not to forget: I love Planner…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide full functionality in Teams for Planner, not just My tasks.

There is nothing showing up in activity. The only tasks I can see in the teams program is My Tasks and only items directly assigned to me. I want to be able to see everything and create and edit all tasks like on the web interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base