Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner Checklist

We should be able to reorder items in checklist without having to delete items

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for this feedback! Fortunately, this feature already exists. Just drag and drop items in the order you desire.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this!

Suphatra

2. Increase Teams Planner Checklist character limit

Character limit is 100 for Teams Planner Checklist items. I propose that be increased to at least 255, if not more.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop planner "Delete Plan" from deleting Teams team.

If you select "Delete Plan" in Microsoft planner, it also deletes the Team associated with that planner board.

We see this as a critical bug and have already had a large presentation delayed as a person accidentally deleted two important teams by deleting the planner boards via Planner.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. copying tasks in teams

If I have a number of similar tasks, it would make me more productive if I could just copy & paste (or duplicate) a fully populated one, rename it, and tweak the details to fit.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. saved messages added to Microsoft To-Do

Need away to bring saved messages into Microsoft To-Do or even Planner. Currently I have to review these saved items daily. Perhaps Cortana can leverage them as well? To me, these are follow-up items. But there's no way to get them out of Teams and into a to-do manager - Perhaps flow could handle this?

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a setting to Planner buckets that automatically organises tasks in order of due date

I have a bucket in a Planner tab that is populated with many tasks, and I have to keep manually dragging these into order of due date. This is because Teams places the task entries at the top of the bucket by default.

So a setting to automatically order all tasks within a particular bucket relating to a certain property would remove the need to manually reposition tasks as they are added. You could have them ordered in due date for example, which is what I am after, or alternatively in order of start date, label colour or progress.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. start a conversation about planner task

Start a conversation about a Planner Task

When you have a Planner Board setup within your team you can have a conversation about the whole board. But since this board is likely to contain dozens, if not hundreds, of Planner Tasks having a generic conversation on all of them is quite cumbersome. Within a Planner Task you can comment, but these are sent as emails to the group and are not showing up in he Channel Chat.

What would make Planner really work for us is when you can start a conversation in Teams about a Planner Task. just as…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Planner bot

A Planner bot, that you can use to create new tasks to channel's Planner (if there is only one) or to your personal planner tasks.
    This would be awesome, if it could be done in search box @planner add task..

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Planner / Teams interface

I created a Plan in a Teams channel and added some tasks with assignments to team members. Feeling constrained by the Teams UI, I clicked the icon on the teams plan page to open the planner website. In planner I can see the plan but it has no tasks in it. But on the "My Tasks" page of planner, my assigned tasks are displayed. I can't figure out how to tell planner about the tasks in this plan.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add existing Planner in different Teams and any channels

I already create Planner before using Teams.
    So, now i have 2 share points and 2 planner and 1 team.
    I want to add 1st planner in Teams (2nd planner).
    Moreover, there is more than 1 channel in Team.

I want to add same planner in multiple channel too.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show all planner assigned tasks in Outlook To-Do List

I would like to see all tasks assigned in all plans to me in the outlook To-Do List. This way people would also be able to set reminders to start working on tasks with set start/due dates... also outlook would become a sort of dashboard with all you have to do again....

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. planner does not allow to attach file - only links

When using Planner inside microsoft teams there is no possibility to attach file to the task. in web version of planner it is.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make a post or comment Actionable

Had an interesting use case pop up today -- one of my team members sent a review request as an email to the team with a link to a Teams-based document. When I asked why she sent an email, she said she considers email to be more "visible" than things in Teams, and that sometimes things are lost in Teams.

Further investigation concluded that if we had the ability to convert conversations or bits of conversations into actionable items and add reminders/notifications to those somehow, the tool would be infinitely easier to use.

I think it is critical to have…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Task Dependencies

It would be nice to be able to setup up dependencies. For example within a board be able to set a task that has to be completed before another task can be started. This would be even more helpful if when the frist task was completed the assigned personal on the next task where alerted so they could start their task. This isn't meant to compete with Shartpoint or Project Manager. I'm not trying to setup a Project as much as allow my Network team alert my ground team that the network is ready for the change over that they…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Acknowledge Assigned Tasks

Once a task is assined to someone, it would be useful to have an acknowledge process where he accepts the tasks.

Tasks not accepted should be shown somewhere so that a manager can oversee if projects are moving or not and if team members are actually checking what was assigned to them.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Attached link shown on task card must not use huge icon

As described in this forum post
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/teams-planner-links-showing-as-large-icons/4e757700-5fa9-4f0a-b400-b476f0c4ca1a
    the layout of Planner task cards with an attachment of type "link" for which "Show on card" is ticked has changed for the worse recently.
    The feature adds a clickable link with a small icon before it to the card. A few days ago, this was all it did, and we liked it.
    Now, the icon is also used as the preview image, larger than the card itself (see screenshot), wasting precious screen space. There seems to be no way to disable the preview image (other than not showing the link on the…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. archive planner buckets

I don't know if this exists, but I have tried to find and cannot. It will be great if we can archive the buckets that we finished all the projects in those buckets. I do not want to delete it when it is done, I hope we can archive them and go back to see whenever we want.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scroll bars are very difficult to see in Planner window

I need to scroll horizontally in a Planner window. It took several days for me to finally see there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. Contrast needs to be better

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assign people to specific sub tasks

At the moment it's only possible to assign users for the overall tasks.

Can you make it possible to assign people to specific tasks on the checklist?

Currently, you have to create multiple cards to assign these tasks to individuals (which increases the amount of cards on display); if you could instead assign people to subtasks, then this would greatly simplify the overall planner view. For bonus points, having the ability to specify due dates for subtasks would be great!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base