Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner History / Snapshot

Be able to create a snapshot / restore point for a planner file to be able to go back and look at previous states (e.g. start of every week). This should be able to be scheduled to occur automatically and post a link or chart screenshot in the channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Création d'une tâche périodique via planner / Create a periodic task in planner

Ajouter à Planner dans Teams une possibilité de créer une tache récurrente comme dans Outlook.

Add to Planner in Teams an option to create a recurring task like in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto-generated ID for Planner Tasks

Would like option to have Planner tasks get an auto-generated ID (number).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want a shortcut to planner in the left pane, under activities, chat etc.

I want to access planner straight in the left pane. Now you can open it by clicking the three dots but I want it permanently just like the calendar icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd lie to be able to categorise or group my teams and provide a personnal name for them

Some of my teams are ones that I am managing within my own department and will need to report on the activity - others are teams I am being ask to join. I would like to be able to group my teams but also be able to change the names that I see so I can quickly identify the relevance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Re-order labels in "Group by Labels" view

User should be able to re-order labels as desired without sacrifising the colour preference

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to pin grouping of tasks to "assigned to" instead of bucket

It would be helpful to be able to select a default grouping option. For example that whe i go to the planner tab in my channel I immediately have all the tasks grouped by who they are assigned to instead of having an overview of the buckets.

We have for example many buckets, but few people, which would make it easier to create new tasks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a new task from a checklist item

It should be possible to promote a checklist item to a new task.
    Just a simple right click "Create task from checklist item"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RACI Planner

when creating a new task in planner, I can assign this to several contacts… it would be nice to add people just for information... and may be people as accountant (like the creator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not depend Planner comments on Exchange license

At the moment
    - all users having access to Planner do have the option to comment and planner task
    - users not having an Exchange Online license connected will receive an error message when trying to comment

There is a hidden dependency between the planner comment functionality and an Exchange Online license.

From my point of view this should be eliminated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want to make a master planner view which pull in separate plans as buckets

We are setting up each client's marketing calendar for the year as a Plan. But I need to be able to see all of the tasks from the separate plans in a unified master plan.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

Their actions and any tasks they create now say 'former member'. This is a serious problem for archiving and record keeping. Current work around is to remember to export the plan to excel before removing a member

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. One View of Tasks

I want to see all the tasks allocated to me (from different planners in different teams) in one view so that I do not miss out on any task and I shouldnt have to go to each teams to know the task allocated to me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give Option to personalize content of the left column with personal Apps as needed.

working a lot with Planner for overview i would like it to be always on top of my apps or even better - a starting page.
    It is not posisble to edit the content of the left column ansd/or have more than 6 apps always visible.
    why are 'more added apps' hiding? how to drag them out to the column directly?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy a Planner Template in MSTeams (Better integration with MSTeams App)

It is needed the availability to create a Plan from an existing Template from MSPlanner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel View and Manager View in Planner

in the planner view, would be nice to be able group by Channel to show actions within that channel only.

Also, several requests from our company have been to have a manager view in planner. In other words, if you create a task you will assign it to a person on your team, in addition to that it would be great be able to tag it so that it will role up in the managers planner view not as an action they have to address but an important action that is being addressed so they have visibility across many technology…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can I receive only 1 reminder email message for all tasks due on the same day?

e.g.
    When I have 10 tasks due on the same day,
    instead of receiving 1 notification email for 1 task (that means you receive 10 email messages), can we have 1 email message containing reminders for 10 tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create an overall view of the tasks that I´ve assigned to others - just like "my tasks"-view

I am involved in many different projects in my organisation and would like to be able to have an overall view of all tasks that I have assigned to other people in my organisation (and status of them).

An "assigned tasks"-view just like the "My tasks"-view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow attachments and rtf to be captured when replying to comments in outlook

When a user replies to a planner comment sent to outlook, they will respond with images, attachments, numbered and bulleted lists. None of these are transferred over to the comment thread in planner. Basically transfer the email thread to planner as if it's in outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add Planner as a default tab (instead of Wiki)

add ms planner as a default tab (as a task management hub for each team).
    while you are at it, remove the Wiki tab, no one uses that...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base