Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. unable to assign a former member

When someone is removed from Teams Planner, they become a "Former Member". If a Former Member is already assigned a task you can't remove them from a task. As you remove them they automatically reappear onscreen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional free roles for other involved people

Additional (free) roles to assignedto, Proposal to add according RACI definitions like Responsible ( Assigned to ), accountable, consult, infomed. Perhaps an own additional roles. This fields should be searchable, too

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to be able to decide for myself what grouping is the startpage within planner

It always starts with 'buckets'. But I want my basic look to be 'voortang' (progress).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner update - Dark Mode does not show text as white

Thanks for the Planner update in Teams! However, the "Board, Charts, Schedule" buttons are unreadable in Dark Mode. Please adjust!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner attachement error when rename/move source file in Onedrive/SharePoint

If you rename or move the source file in Onedrive/SharePoint, from an planner-attachement, the link not working anymore.

Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User Interface

it would be nice if there were a way to customize the navigation bar on the left - to maybe have shortcuts to other apps such as personal outlook to see personal tasks etc. and then something to get into other commonly used

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This is really about Planner, but we want to use Planner in Teams exclusively so...can you provide a summary view for Planner Items s

We'd like to have Planner items be compact like maybe 2 lines max and be able to float over them for more detail or to open them up. That way we just see the summary item in the various bucket/lists sections and they are easier to skim and scroll through. Make sense?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. charts in Teams

Add planner charts as it is on planner website and personal planner for me of all teams and get my or other person chart

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would to be able to sync my Evernote notes with Teams. I don't use One Note. It is very non-intuitive

I would to be able to sync my Evernote notes with Teams. I don't use One Note. It is very non-intuitive

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability categorize buckets (group by plan) function.

Using planner App (left side panel) in Teams be able to categorize buckets (group by plan) function. I want to sort the order of most frequently used Planner buckets to the left and not have to scroll.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Planner Tasks - Start/End Date Picker

When date and time format is set to "English (New Zealand)", the Start and End date picker sets the date incorrectly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Planner task 'Due date' should default to 'Start date'

It would help if the 'Due date' could default to the 'Start date' upon capture.

Not only does it make logical sense, but also when both start and due are in the next month, one wouldn't have to scroll to it twice in the calendar dropdown.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View by assignee in Teams Planner

The view of Planner, in Teams, can't be changed to be "By Assignee". I'd like that fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to remove or edit plans from the Existing Plans dropdown

You cannot edit (e.g. rename) or delete an existing plan when adding a Planner tab in Teams. This means that junks ones accumulate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner | End Date Picker

Please add an end date in the Planner Tasks in addition to the start and due date. This would allow us to visualize the total duration of a project by means of the start and end date in the calendar overview without having to neglect due dates in between.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Return Board view to converged Planner Tasks in New Teams Task App

In old version of Planner app in Teams, the default view was all my tasks were in a board view that converged all the cards from all the Plans into verticals that were based on progress. In the New Planner/Tasks app being rolled out this view is replaced with a list view with no option to change it to a board view. Please restore this option and allow users to choose their default view in the new Tasks app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Repeating Tasks would be a hugely beneficial feature - for teams like finance or any department that has many repeating tasks

It would be VERY helpful and time saving to be able to create a repeating task, similar to repeating meetings - with the same options as for a repeating meeting ie every weekday, weekly, monthly etc etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner - Ability to create a task that is assigned and track able to multiple people

Would like to be able to create a task that i can assign to a group of people and each can complete for themselves but the task itself is not complete until each assigned is complete

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base