Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Filter by" & "Group By" web option in Native Teams App

Add the super useful web features in the native desktop Team Client (attachment).

• Filter

• Group By

• Then set any of the above, the default view when you go back into Teams.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email to a kanban

Be able to post or fwd an email to a Kanban board, same as ability to on Trello. Makes it easy to grab an action item when it gets emailed to you and create an entry.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Planner Tasks - Start/End Date Picker

When date and time format is set to "English (New Zealand)", the Start and End date picker sets the date incorrectly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. view

There should be more layout options for Team Planner. The current and only available view is barely usable as you can only see a handful of rows and columns. There should be choices in layouts to where it can look like MS Excel or Project so we I can customize to see all my tasks and projects (i.e. buckets). Even views similar to Windows Explorer (i.e. Details, content, list, tiles, etc..) would be a good start.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

6. Planner App in Teams - color code entries

Similar to another post, but more specifically Planner allows user to add a color tab (label), but that doesn't show up once you close the event. It should change the color of the text, or have highlighted (colored) stripe over the text, so that users know what tab/label that event relates to without opening it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Return Board view to converged Planner Tasks in New Teams Task App

In old version of Planner app in Teams, the default view was all my tasks were in a board view that converged all the cards from all the Plans into verticals that were based on progress. In the New Planner/Tasks app being rolled out this view is replaced with a list view with no option to change it to a board view. Please restore this option and allow users to choose their default view in the new Tasks app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Repeating Tasks would be a hugely beneficial feature - for teams like finance or any department that has many repeating tasks

It would be VERY helpful and time saving to be able to create a repeating task, similar to repeating meetings - with the same options as for a repeating meeting ie every weekday, weekly, monthly etc etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More options to use Power Automate (Flow) with Planner

I cannot believe how difficult it is to edit plans with Planner. Power Automate helps, but it can only update a very limited number of fields.

I am working with 200+ items in my plans and I would like to have the ability to make the following edits "en masse" (i.e., using Power Automate):
    1. Change Labels
    2. Delete tasks and buckets
    3. Add and edit steps
    4. Sort tasks and buckets

Power Automate is clunky, not very robust (very easy to run into errors in your scripts) and very slow. I believe there is plenty of room to improve…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create custom Group Names for Planner

Not sure why Planner placed an upper limit on how many people can be assigned a specific task, but the current max is 11 assigned team members. This creates an issue when the specific task needs to be completed by more people. One option is copy the task so each person has their own task (too time consuming), raise/remove the 11 person limit (seems feasible), or create named groups of people within the given team (more efficient). These team-specific named groups would make assigning tasks in Planner for that team much easier. There would also need to be a way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Viewing Attachments in Planner items

When I have attachments against a Planner item it would be great once I open one, to be able to leaf through the others in the viewer window. It is so old school to have to close and open each individually just to see them - particularly if they are images!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow each bucket to be filtered independently; and be able to sort tasks within a bucket such as by completion date

Allow each bucket to be filtered independently of others; and be able to sort tasks within a bucket such as by completion date

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow ordering of groups to be done in different ways - chronological or alphabetical

Filtering by due date is not always useful.
    I would like to see all tasks listed in order - a chose between chronological/alphabetical, regardless of which group is selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Tasks in Teams need improvement!

The new "Tasks in Teams" needs to also have planner tasks and flagged email in a common taks/personal list. If not, then what is the purpose of this feature?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notifications on assigned Planner tasks' progress in the assignor's mailbox

For the task creator,
    1. Currently the notifications are available in the shared mailbox only.
    2. Creator is notified on the milestones of the task only.

There needs to be notifications if the member updates the tasks or comments. These notifications must be on the task creator's primary mailbox than the teams shared.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Colour code buckets in Planner

I would love for colour tags to be show up on the schedule view of planner. This would be so helpful in allowing the schedule in planner to be clear to read and use. We want to use Planner for our overall strategy and would love to be able to clearly what are events, blogs, etc. At present it looks like this, which is not ideal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to be able to post images in the Planner comments

We are trying to self-contain tasks to a single planner task so it'd be helpful if we could screenshot on our computer and then paste the image into planner's comments. Essentially we love the features of chat and would love to have those features inside the comment section of a task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the app called MindMeister, it is used for Mind Mapping (brainstorming)

MindMeister for MS Teams is now available but I can't seem to download the app. This would be a helpful tool that could be built right into this platform.

https://www.mindmeister.com/blog/meister-news/2017/09/19/mind-map-microsoft-teams/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link copied tasks from one bucket into another

If a task is relevant to more than one bucket in the same tab or a different tab then they should be linked so that if someone works on that task in one bucket it appears in the other bucket. Currently if you have copied a task there is no link.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Submit a screen shot in the comments section of the planner board.

Be able to submit a screen shot in the comment sections

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base