Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exclude notification

need a feature to be able to exclude people from receiving some of the msgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add Planner as a default tab (instead of Wiki)

add ms planner as a default tab (as a task management hub for each team).
    while you are at it, remove the Wiki tab, no one uses that...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create Planner Tasks from Email Notifications

If you could click and drag an email notification from the notifications bar across into a bucket it would be great if the email could be automatically attached to a planner task that opens?
    I'm by no means an expert on how software works so not sure how easy or hard this is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. From the Planner App into Teams, mention into task tiles to which "team/channel/bucket" they belong so that you can prioritize them easily

From the Planner App into Teams, one can group their tasks per due date but it would be great if they could also sort those by projects afterwards! To do so, seeing to which "Group/channel/bucket" each tile belong would be helpful (pending combined grouping are possible).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More Progress Graphs

When looking at the board. Can we break down a progress chart for each " ToDo" Item? If you have multiple ongoing clients it's hard to track each client's projects.

looking for this format.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS
    -//CLIENT (project's completion graph, etc) / Project completion graph, etc.

Right now it's just.
    COMPANY TEAM/CLIENT/PROJECTS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Kaizala Jobcards added to Planner Tasks

Is there a link or will there be a link with between Kaizala Jobcards and Planner Tasks which would then make all assigned actions/tasks visible on Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please make it possible to link a task in Planner directly to Outlook.

Would be AWESOME if the task detail in Planner had a box to identify if the task is a meeting and, if so, that would launch an Outlook invite pre-populated with the details of the task, addressed to the assignees, and showing their availability and suggesting times for the meeting. I am finding that I am creating tasks for planning check-ins where I will have a meeting on that day, and right now I have to manually go to outlook and create a spearate meeting...so no way to keep them synched if I change one, and it creates extra work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add cc/FYI Participants to Cards

I'm leveraging and loving MS Planner, but want the ability to distinguish between those who are truly Assigned to resolve the Task and others who are interested/subscribed/part of the associated comments thread.

I feel adding a new field "FYI" or "cc", OR enhancing the existing Assignee list to have a flag like "Owner" vs "Participant" could work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Task Drag and Drop

There should be functionality to drag and drop a task between buckets, people etc to move them if required. For example if a task needs to be transferred from one person to another you can organise by people and just move a task sitting in one column into another

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to generate a PDF/word/excel report

In our company we have to generate reports to the client of outstanding actions, and also include these in the monthly report. It would be great if it was possible to generate reports from the planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copying Board

Currently it is not possible to copy a board. I'd setup a board which was to be used as a template for future boards but when I decided to add a new tab to create a plan from a list that already exists, the board was created and replicated as per the previous - this is perfect. However, any subsequent changes made to the original board is then reflected in the clone board - not cool!! Similarly to how a task can be copied we should be able to copy an entire board and repurpose without it being affected by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto check tasks when task is marked as completed

A task can consist of a maximum 20 checklist items. Lets say the assignee has not been diligent in checking off their tasks as they go along, when they select that the task has been completed this should trigger the checking off of all unchecked boxes within that task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto reload tab

We are using a service account logged into Teams to display the Planner calendar on a TV in our work area.
    We need a way to make it auto-refresh every few minutes.
    That way, a team member can add a task on their Teams, and have it automatically populate on the TV.
    Our current work around is to open the Teams Planner on a web browser, and use an extension to auto-refresh every so often. Otherwise, any tasks created in Planner don't show up until it's manually refreshed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would like to ask if it would be possible within the Planner add on to set a specific time a date for tasks.

I work in emergency response and in some cases, the Incident management team are located in numerous countries. teams is an excellent way of sharing information and updating the current situation, but we would like to add the functionality of adding a specific due time for tasks set through the planner add on. This will allow tasks to be set and tracked on a very urgent basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In planner summary (left sidebar tab) show the team the task belongs to

When you click on the planner side bar icon and see all of your tasks, it is not obviously which team the task belongs to. Please show the team name under the task name, and in the expanded view of the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assign a member to multiple/all tasks in a bucket

there should be an easy way to assign a person to multiple or all tasks in a bucket also being able to copy a bucket of tasks, Copying buckets should've been a 1.0 feature. I like the tool but I want it to be better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. subtasks in the planner app

Being able to create subtasks with separate due dates, assignees, etc. within a task would be helpful to manage internal deadlines. Or to be able to add due dates and assignees to checklist items within a task. Otherwise, with everything as independent tasks, buckets easily become cumbersome and unwieldy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner Schedule View - Better Custom Visualization Enhancements

Feature request: Teams Planner Schedule/Calendar View

What would greatly help myself and my team would be if for each project the due date of the task timeframe were highlighted. It's a very helpful visual cue. All of the white blends together and it's difficult to easily discern and conceptualize your week, especially since our team does prefer the calendar view to the bucket view to help with visualizing task timeframes and overlap. I've attached a photo to show what that feature would look like. See how easy it is to quickly assess that Projects A, H, D through G are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow scaling for planner

currently - planner allows 3 buckets to be visible (or 4 if team menu hidden).
    It would be good to allow scaling of bucket width - to allow for more columns (eg kanban style - 5/(6 buckets - if task templates are used).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.