Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic generated Tasks in combination with a competence matrix (list)

Competence Matrix which regulates which team members are capable of which work. For this it would be necessary to record a list of competences for the individual team members. The competences correspond to the necessary work, which can then be conveniently selected in the tasks. Based on the tasks then the participant or several participants is automatically proposed. So the supervisor does not have to know each time who could do the planned task. It would be perfect if the whole thing is coupled with the staff hub and the tasks still includes the availability of team members. This whole…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Planner notification on due tasks

It would be great if there was a functionality which sends notifications to assigend colleagues when a a task in planner is close to its duedate or overdue, so team members don't have to monitor planner all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner notifications in outlook should include the relevant Team Name

Planner notifications received in Outlook should include the relevant Team Name, and more details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner Improvements needed

My company is in the process of moving to Teams and having previously spearheaded a trial of Trello within a number of our stores i'm looking to the potential to switch all European stores (200+ stores 10'000's+ users) onto Teams as well as our global back of house team.

There are a few issues standing in our way that I would like to discuss further with Microsoft before we commit that would be deal breakers to us moving and growing our platform. We are already avid Office users across our business and dealing with the roadbumps now would be the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chrome

I'm challenged with trying to utilize what O365 offers vs the third party our organization currently has.

Our construction company(we run/build restaurants (110 and counting we operate)) is trying to replace Procore which is a more specialized version of Planner I'd suggest. So, maybe for the zero cost we could use Planner.

My first impression is that it feels like Microsoft (clunky and incomplete). My hope is that they progress it as it's Soooo close, but yet so far from anybody getting excitment from it with all the standard clunky 1/2 baked Microsoft-ism's.

So, my contribution as I don't know…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add labels to Schedule view

It would be great if you actually were able to see the labels on the tasks in Schedule view. The schedule view is the only view you can get a good overview of your planning. However, today it's not possible to see the labels on the tasks which makes it hard to get a grip(overview of your planning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If you hoover over a item in the checklist, you will see a up/down arrow, if you click on it, your item gets deleted, remove the arrow, or m

If you hoover over a item in the checklist, you will see a up/down arrow, if you click on it, your item gets deleted, remove the arrow, or m

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Existing Plans drop-down should include team and channel name

When choosing to add an existing plan, I have several with the same name. When I click the drop-down, it would be better to show them hierarchically under their team and respective channel so I know which is which.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner Colour Scheme

Hi,
    I've been using planner within Teams and my team have noticed that the display of tasks is very bland and all tasks look muddled up together. Is there a way to get a box around each one or even a shading that's not as discrete as it currently is. It would make it easier to view on a big screen if there was good separation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't create new plan from the Windows Desktop Program

Currently to create my own plan, I have to login to the web and click create new plan, I can't find a way in the Windows Team Planner Plugin to create new plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner Enhancements Required

I would love to see the following adaptations to the planner tab:

1) Enable more than 6 labels & allow users to choose their own colors.
    2) Allow search option within the planner wherein we can easily search for text within a task name / task contents / comments within a task. This will really really help.
    3) Allow users to manually enter the progress % for each task.
    4) As the tasks approach their due date some automatic coloring of the tasks will be helpful (such as yellow - when the task is still quiet far from the target…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for saving of Comments prior clicking "Send"

As a Teams user, I would like to enter comments and have them saved prior to clicking "Send" so that I do not lose what I've typed if I switch windows within Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Planner, when you navigate away from a task, (say you receive a chat message) you do not lose your comments

In Planner, when you navigate away from a task, (say you receive a chat message) you do not lose your comments you added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please provide one to one training. Q&A support

Please provide one to one training. Q&A support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add description when you add a task

When you Add a task, you can't write description. Later you can write description, but you can't save the changes unless you update comments field. This is annoying. Enable save without having to add comments. Or else give an option to add description when adding a task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Info and Export Data

- Looking for the ability to have both a due date and a completed data for comparison of accomplishing tasks.

- Also looking for the ability to edit the type of info displayed on the tasks, similar to what outlook task has the capability of doing in View Settings; being able to include/not dates, assigned by, assigned to, department numbers, ect

- I have to give a report monthly and would like to see Teams have the capability to easily export data from planner to excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. planner

Ability to add an existing Plan to a team that is not for exclusive use of that team in a kind of viewing mode (read only) to have more concise meetings involving overlapping plans or teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users

Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users except the person who assigned it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base