Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. charts in Teams

Add planner charts as it is on planner website and personal planner for me of all teams and get my or other person chart

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams not a solution :-(

Wowh, very primitive App, for example it's not possible to create a new planner task or to join to a plan... really not a solution :-(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have different views available on the Planner tab in Teams

I need to see the Charts view in Teams. I need an option to display the Board, Charts or Schedule in Teams. Having a discussion about the Charts view would be useful in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. alternative solution for headphones

I guess every gamer has faced the headset crash, Or the headset has stopped working , as we all know it is a common problem , But Microsoft has develpoed a jack where you can use your headphones instead of a headset, Unfortunately not all headphones work as a mic so you can chat with your friends. As a matter of fact the apple headphones donsn't work as a mic, And I think if Microsoft can develop the Console so we can use the apple headphones as a mic and headse that would be a great advantage ..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Effort measurement

The ability to record effort for each card

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. more than 15 assignments per card

Add more than 11 assigned names to a planner card

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug or feature?

Planner sometimes doesn't update the description of a card after some user has changed the contents of said description. Maybe a "save" button or a pop up that tells you if it is applying the changes you made once you click out off the card would be in order. I know the Sync proccess isn't immediate, but with no way to tell if what I wrote will stay it's somewhat hard to convey important information about a task reliably to my colleagues.

If this is native to Microsoft Planner itself then I'd like to know if maybe their Support has…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorting feature from Planner is missing in Team application

Hi, I have installed Teams on my computer. I have added a sheet to get a link to planner (to an existing plan). Unfortunately, when I use Planner inside Teams window, I am not able to sort the tasks by people or status, as I can do in the Planner on-line application. It seems that this sorting feature was forgotten...
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to customize planner tabs

We should be able to have sub tasks under the main task and assign them to our team. We have multi-step projects that sometimes have various steps within those steps. The only way to do this now is create a to do list on the main to do but it won't allow you to assign to anyone. Also, on the options for views, we should be able to customize the view so that we can focus on what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enabling the Planner app for select folders

I'd like to be able to add the Planner app to select folders within our overall TEAMS site, with the ability to restrict access and visibility to just those users in the select folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a way to unblock the Planner bot if Blocked in error?

Cannot get the planner bot back to sending notifications in Activity Stream.

It appears to be disable for the user completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give substasks same options as task; and ability to see progress of task based on status of subtasks.

Allow sub-tasks to be managed in the same way as task. I've created a Kanban board using Planner. However, 1 task can have many sub-tasks that needs to be done by different people each with its own due dates. It would be so helpful to be able to see what subtasks are completed and the overall progress of the task. E.G. TASK A due in Dec can have 15 subtasks due at various times in the year. I'd like to assign each subtask to different persons, and see the s% completion of TASK A

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delegate Tasks in Planner like in Outlook Tasks

I like the ability in Outlook tasks to delegate a task to someone and get notified when there are comments, progress, or it gets completed. Can we do this for Planner tasks? Our workaround is assigning ourselves to the task we are delegating, but then it can become unclear who actually needs to do the work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. HEATMAP view in planner, see movements with an ID stamp

If an action is moved between buckets or in anyway altered by team members, admin should be able to see a timeline / heatmap of activities by choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select and copy multiple tasks to a bucket

Allow option to select multiple tasks that you want to copy into a new bucket. Currently, you have to do this one task at a time.

Or just add an option to copy the entire bucket and be able to select what task you want to copy in the new bucket.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. planner due date reminder

Just a simple reminder notification / push notification to mobile 1 week/day /hour before a task is due within planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ticket reference to Planner tasks

Adding automatic reference numbers to Planner tasks would be very helpful to help manage and document projects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.