Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Task Dashboards

Planner is great to organize projects and assigning tasks to users.
    However if you have multiple planners going on, it's incredibly hard to know what tasks have been assigned to you unless you go to the particular planner.

It would be great if in Teams, you could overview all tasks assigned to you at a glance. Clicking on each task would open that task's particular details without jumping into the planner, in order to maximize productivity and review outstanding tasks to be worked on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Printing option in wiki & planner tab

Please, add the printing option in the Wiki(or planner ...) Tab

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. tasks

An overview of tasks assigned to you across all channels and teams. Like a personal Planner that's populated by every tasks assigned to you from elsewhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assign feature should encompass multiple roles

I think there should be multiple roles for those assigned to a task - at least as the assignor/assigned. I am in a role where I assign a task to someone, but ultimately I am responsible for going back and reviewing the task I have assigned.

Currently, there isn't a way for me to go back and see the tasks I have assigned to others, you can only see what tasks you have been assigned. Adding multiple assignment roles would allow those assigned to different roles to all see the same task, even if they aren't necessarily the one performing…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner App in Teams can accommodate screen shots.

I'd like to be able to include screen shots in planner task. A picture is worth a thousand words, and sometimes it helps to clarify a task if you can include a screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assign Buckets to people

Would like to be able to assign a bucket to certain members of the team. When a task is dropped into a bucket, the members assigned to that bucket would get a notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chart and Schedule for "My Tasks"

"Charts" and "Schedules" are available in the planner in individual channels. However these are not available when trying to view all "my tasks" . So you can not see an overall schedule or progress of everything assigned to you. You have to go into each channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To get a chart that shows the tasks assigned for the whole team, not only in the plan.

I have many groups and plans that have many members in common. Yet when I want to know whos busy and whos free I have to go to the plans one by one and check the chart and the schedule that shows only the tasks assigned to the members only in the opened plan.

Adding a feature where I can see the tasks for the whole team in the group or the whole organization in a chart/ schedule will make distributing the tasks among the members much easier and the work more efficient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Order of arrangement of tasks

The feature to be able to arrange tasks based on a number or letter or a particular set order (in accordance with how a user wants the task to be done). Arranging/reordering tasks is very inconvenient and not efficient enough

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate Planer features also in TEAMS

In Planer Browser Version one is able to download the tasks into an Excel file. This is NOT possible when you open/integrate Planer in a TEAMS Channel. The button "Export plan to Excel" is simply not missing (actually all "..." Features). Would be great if this feature is added to Planer in TEAMS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notes preview option without opening up the task item

When you add a task, you are able to add notes in the task item. But it would be nice to hover over the notes item without having to open each task and preview it, again, without having to open each task item. Just hover over the note symbol and have a preview of what was posted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project Time management

Have a Tab at top with Board/Chart/Schedule/Project Time and Team captain could place the total number of hours (payed for/ bid for) each project and any collaboraters can add a new line with description/time took/date the action took place...and then those hours go against the master total

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for "sub tasks" to be dragged and dropped into a governing task.

Allow for more detailed "sub-tasks" that fall within a governing/overarching task to be dragged and dropped into the governing task. In the interface where the governing task is open there would be hyperlinks to the associated subtasks including the task title as the text for the hyperlink.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is there a way to unblock the Planner bot if Blocked in error?

Cannot get the planner bot back to sending notifications in Activity Stream.

It appears to be disable for the user completely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ticket reference to Planner tasks

Adding automatic reference numbers to Planner tasks would be very helpful to help manage and document projects

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make it possible to link a task in Planner directly to Outlook.

Would be AWESOME if the task detail in Planner had a box to identify if the task is a meeting and, if so, that would launch an Outlook invite pre-populated with the details of the task, addressed to the assignees, and showing their availability and suggesting times for the meeting. I am finding that I am creating tasks for planning check-ins where I will have a meeting on that day, and right now I have to manually go to outlook and create a spearate meeting...so no way to keep them synched if I change one, and it creates extra work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Task Drag and Drop

There should be functionality to drag and drop a task between buckets, people etc to move them if required. For example if a task needs to be transferred from one person to another you can organise by people and just move a task sitting in one column into another

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow adding/editing progress states

Would like to be able to add my own states for progress. Like On Hold, or pending information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy Checklist Items to Excel or File

Please allow copying of check list items or downloading the list into an Excel document or file somehow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ADDING A PLANNER TAB WHEN USING ANDROID TEAMS APP

As of today I can't add a planner tab using my android phone in TEAMS app. I should add it first using a PC for it to synchronize to my Android phone. Hope you can give TEAMS Android the capability to add Planner Tab and other extension apps. It will be very useful for us working on-site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base