Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Convert Checklist Item to a Card of its own

Give the ability through one click to convert a checklist item in one card into a card of its own.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner supervisor and better calendar integration

First, there is a bug but it's only possible add planner calendar to outlook if you are owner of the plan itself, being member isn't enough.

Also, it would be awesome to create a supervisor role to see all the tasks in outlook calendar, because once you sync it with iCalendar thing you only see your assigned tasks, this way if you are team manager, you have to be assigned in every task.

But to polish it even more, planner tasks should go directly into calendar, it is obvious that you need it.

Thanks for this forum.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Teams Should give option to add more labels and Colors

Microsoft Teams not giving the option to add new Lables, to change the color. It makes user handicap. Please update in next update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to move Planner cards, from one swimlane to another, on a touch-screen monitor

Our company is starting to use more touch screen monitors in collaborative areas and need to pull up and move cards on our MS Planner boards via the touch-screen monitor, but cannot today; appears you can only move cards from, say, 'Not Started', to 'In Progress' using mouse & keyboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enrich the Schedule view of Microsoft Planner

There is so much wasted white space in the Schedule view of Planner. The functionality could really be enriched by adding Bucket name, Labels, owner icons, and other 'small' details to the bar of each task in the Schedule view. And please, please show all the tasks visible with scrolling in the Schedule view -- don't hide them with a "+X more" hyperlink.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to move Planner Tasks with finger using a touch-enabled Surface Pro Tablet

Love Planner, but I can't move Planner Task tiles with my finger when using my Surface Pro tablet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft Planner Bucket Task List

Allow us to enter tasks lists in the order in which we type. The first task we type is the first task in the bucket list. New tasks go below tasks already added.

Completing a bucket only to realize your very first task is at the bottom and all subsequent tasks are above it is dumb. It's an incredibly frustrating task to drag/drop your tasks in the inverted order.

Almost as frustrating as not being able to copy/paste buckets or plans. Or not having templates.

Come on, trello has you beat hands down in this. But i WANT to use…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to Rename Plans from within Teams

We have found that some of our more enthusiastic adopters have used the same names for plans, although they belong to different teams. This makes it confusing when adding a new task if a user belongs to multiple teams who have created plans independently but with the same name

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable touch input for Planner tabs to simulate post-its on whiteboard

When working within a Planner tab in MS Teams, it would be nice to enable touch input to be able to drag/drop tasks between buckets/columns, drag/drop names to tasks to assign, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saved Items Posted to a Planner Board

Option (at User level) to post saved items to a specified Planner Board/Bucket and/or add a flow connector for this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. task number

assign a sequential number to each task within a team for easier reference.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow a task to be assigned to a non-member and allow that non-member to update and see the assigned task(s) but see nothing else.

Allow a task to be assigned to a non-member and allow that non-member to update and see the assigned task(s) but see nothing else on the board/plan.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add labels to Schedule view

It would be great if you actually were able to see the labels on the tasks in Schedule view. The schedule view is the only view you can get a good overview of your planning. However, today it's not possible to see the labels on the tasks which makes it hard to get a grip(overview of your planning.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Putting tasks on pause/on hold/ or a priority

Would be great to be able to put tasks on pause or hold if another task in the planner becomes a priority and for the priority tasks make them stand out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. planner icons

Currently the icons in Planner tabs do not use the associated Skype for Business pictures and instead show the generic system initials. It would be ideal for this to scrape the same data that Teams is using to pull in the Skype picture as it becomes tedious to hover over each icon with the same initials to figure out who is assigned a specific task. I do not see an existing ask for this when searching here for planner.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include options to move labels and tags based in priority

Currently the position of labels and tags is fixed in planner. There is no option in planner to say, display the last 2 labels first. Say I want to use red for critical and yellow for important and these 2 labels are in different places. Need one option to display them together and also maybe to just display the labels/tags that I want and not others.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move a chat message to Planner easily and view its status

Teams has a nice ability to retrieve an email address of a particular channel. It can be used to make a channel for support or feedback, but with the functionality we already have, the message can be easily lost. My idea is to add the following function:
    -in a new message, there appears a button "Add to Planner" (for example, under three dots button or right next to it), after you do it, a task in Planner appears instantly or after filling a short form;
    -after a user adds a new task into a Planner this way, in this message…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. provide a backup capability in case the system crashes

provide a backup capability in case the system crashes either by allowing the information to be stored locally as a xls or word file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In Planner, ensure different people with the same initials aren't recorded as the same colour code

When two people working in Planner with the same first and surname initials are assigned a coloured profile circle (if a profile picture isn't uploaded), this circle appears the same colour.

e.g. my leader and I both have the same initials (KL) and our profile circles are both the same colour (blue). This is confusing at high-level glance, as it makes us look like we're assigned to each other's work, and/or makes it look like we've been assigned a mass amount of tasks that we haven't.

It would be easier if the colour of people's profile circles was allocated based…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manager View / View All Team Tasks

Currently, when I open Planner within the Teams desktop app, I only have the option to see my tasks. I have direct reports whose tasks I need to monitor. So I need to open the Planner web app separately, just so I can see unassigned tasks within plans that aren't mine or to see tasks assigned to other people. That's kind of a silly oversight.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base