Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change initial tab

Right now, the Conversation tab is the initial tab in a channel. I would like to put my Planner tab as the initial tab, so everytime I open my Channel, the first thing I see is the Planner tasks. I can only arrange the new tabs, but the Conversation, File and OneNote can not be changed nor deleted.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Planner tasks in global search

Along with the current message, people, and file search, our team would greatly benefit from the ability to search for a specific Planner task within the Teams top-left global search bar.

Some of our Planner boards are getting quite large and this would help keeps things organized.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner Checklist

We should be able to reorder items in checklist without having to delete items

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for this feedback! Fortunately, this feature already exists. Just drag and drop items in the order you desire.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this!

Suphatra

4. Planner view at Team level - not just a Planner per Channel

Finding it frustrating to have individual planners for each channel. I want to see all planner items for the complete team.
    Please consider having a Team level planner and having a per channel filter on this; or a means of automatically aggregating channel level planners at the Team level.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move task (planner) from channel to channel

I have a set of task in Team A>> Channel A. I would like that ability to move one or more task in the current channel to another team: Team B >> Channel B.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A way to export planner

It would be nice to have a way to export a planner bucket. Maybe to something generic, like CSV? Or something easy to interpret?

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create task in planner from Outlook mail and calendar

We often get mail or have appointments we want to add to Planner, using Flow we can create a Flagged mail -> Planner. But I would like a option in mail and calendar to add specifik mails or appointments direktly in a planner.

1. Add a button in Outlook to create a task in any planner
    2. Get a card up with Description, Content of Mail, Due Date and Assign To, be able to change everything before saving.
    3. Ability to add attachments directly.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to create planner checklist from Flow

From Flow we can create a task in Planner, I think it would be a good feature to also be able to create the checklist within that task.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. copying tasks in teams

If I have a number of similar tasks, it would make me more productive if I could just copy & paste (or duplicate) a fully populated one, rename it, and tweak the details to fit.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner Card Background Label Color

Right now the labels are a small little color dot on the side of a card, Trello has something similar.

I would like to see labels that adjust the entire background color of the task card, that would make it MUCH easier to visualize the labels/categories at a glance (much like Outlook calendar could do).

I think that would definitely be a leg up on Trello.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can integrate Microsoft Planner or Trello as a tab in any channel in Teams. Just click the little + sign in your channel’s tabs section, and choose Planner or Trello from the pop-up window.

12. Make a post or comment Actionable

Had an interesting use case pop up today -- one of my team members sent a review request as an email to the team with a link to a Teams-based document. When I asked why she sent an email, she said she considers email to be more "visible" than things in Teams, and that sometimes things are lost in Teams.

Further investigation concluded that if we had the ability to convert conversations or bits of conversations into actionable items and add reminders/notifications to those somehow, the tool would be infinitely easier to use.

I think it is critical to have…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Planner date localisation

Dates in the planner are localised with the US format MM/DD and now in the DD/MM format for us in the UK.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show all planner assigned tasks in Outlook To-Do List

I would like to see all tasks assigned in all plans to me in the outlook To-Do List. This way people would also be able to set reminders to start working on tasks with set start/due dates... also outlook would become a sort of dashboard with all you have to do again....

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamics CRM integration

Link the task with CRM dynamics enabling the creation of service activities, tasks, meetings directly from the planner/wrike... etc

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a setting to Planner buckets that automatically organises tasks in order of due date

I have a bucket in a Planner tab that is populated with many tasks, and I have to keep manually dragging these into order of due date. This is because Teams places the task entries at the top of the bucket by default.

So a setting to automatically order all tasks within a particular bucket relating to a certain property would remove the need to manually reposition tasks as they are added. You could have them ordered in due date for example, which is what I am after, or alternatively in order of start date, label colour or progress.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. to do

Is it possible to integrate To Do and in planner in order to have only one place to look at for tasks that are allocated to you (even if it is from yourself in To Do)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop planner "Delete Plan" from deleting Teams team.

If you select "Delete Plan" in Microsoft planner, it also deletes the Team associated with that planner board.

We see this as a critical bug and have already had a large presentation delayed as a person accidentally deleted two important teams by deleting the planner boards via Planner.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scroll bars are very difficult to see in Planner window

I need to scroll horizontally in a Planner window. It took several days for me to finally see there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. Contrast needs to be better

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Planner activities assigning by multiple members

It will be amazing if you guys include multiple assignees in activities on Planner.
    It will also be a good improvement if you add the option of including external members for colaboration.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base