Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a log of deleted and changed tasks in Planner

The Teams Log must be accessed only by the Owner and this must be in a different tab, not in the Conversation tab. Because the data generate a lot of information that is not relevant to everyone. And i need the data of deleted and changed tasks in Planner, and improvements to manager permissions of users to add, change or delete tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner member permission

I need to controll the members permission to delete, or edit tasks, because when the manager assign a task to someone, this employee can delete the task or change the due date without any permission check.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Planner and Outlook flagged email

I need the capability to flag an email on Outlook and this Email become a task in my Planner. This must have the option in Outlook to assign this email flag to an especific Plan, bucket and due date; also in Planner/Teams must have this connection to create the task and assign to myself.

The task created can take the Subject of the Email to use as the Task Name, and the Email Body to use as Task Description. Also any attachment must be uploaded to a folder named with my email and linked with the task created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Subtasky by měli jít assignovat na členy tymu

Subtasky by měli jít assignovat na členy tymu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner supervisor and better calendar integration

First, there is a bug but it's only possible add planner calendar to outlook if you are owner of the plan itself, being member isn't enough.

Also, it would be awesome to create a supervisor role to see all the tasks in outlook calendar, because once you sync it with iCalendar thing you only see your assigned tasks, this way if you are team manager, you have to be assigned in every task.

But to polish it even more, planner tasks should go directly into calendar, it is obvious that you need it.

Thanks for this forum.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be usefull to see the tasks in planner schedule by user

It would be usefull to see the tasks in planner schedule view by user so we can see when the team will be available to work in new tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 'Complete task' checkbox in Planner task not visible when using Touch screen

When using a touch screen there is actually a lot not working/very hard to use. The most annoying of all is: the checkbox to complete the task is not visible and when you touch the task a bit to much to the upper right, all of a sudden your task is gone/completed! Please fix this.

Another one: when you want to open a task while the sub-tasks are shown, you are not able to open it using a touch screen. Trying to do that results in checking these boxes and therefore completing the task....

Not to forget: I love Planner…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable To Create New Task Cards in Planner

When a new task card is added, it either briefly appears in the deck before disappearing or remains opaque without the ability to expand and edit. This problem persists after quitting and re-opening Planner app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send link to Task to people outside of a team

I am part of a management team and we have our own team in MS Teams. There we assign tasks with the planner app. I would like to be able to easily delegate a task to one of my subbordinates without making them part of the management team group.

It would be helpful if "copy link to task" gives access to the specific task only to any individual who opens it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently, Planner task status limited to "Not Started", "In Progress" or "Complete". Would like to see "Canceled" as delete removes the ta

Currently, Planner Task statuses limited to "Not Started", "In Progress" or "Complete". Would be useful to have a "Canceled" option as well. Deleting removes the Task altogether, which does not show the task existed and was canceled. Other Statuses, such as "On Hold" might also be useful so as to record a task still needs to be completed but with an indefinite due date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Teams Should give option to add more labels and Colors

Microsoft Teams not giving the option to add new Lables, to change the color. It makes user handicap. Please update in next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. planner task team

Under "My Tasks" I would like to be able to jump to the team that the task is located in. You can do this from the activity feed but I can't seem to do it by clicking on the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide full functionality in Teams for Planner, not just My tasks.

There is nothing showing up in activity. The only tasks I can see in the teams program is My Tasks and only items directly assigned to me. I want to be able to see everything and create and edit all tasks like on the web interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ajouter dans le planner la possibilité de taguer les membres de l'équipe

Dommage qu'il n'y ait pas la possibilité dans les commentaires d'une tâche de "tager" les membres de l'équipe (@...). C'est possible de le faire dans Trello et cela permet de ne rien manquer de l'activité du planificateur.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assignment lead indication and assignment on checklist level

Not found amongst raised topics: for assignments to tasks, indicate primary / lead responsible amongst several persons assigned
    What I found already somewhere: assign non-channel / teams members to a task (even as textual input); enable assignments on checklist item level

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save Planner view settings

When opening My Tasks the view always defaults to Group by Progress. It would be nice if Planner remembers that I want to Group by Plan instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste checklist as multiple items

When I paste multiple lines into the checklist entry line from Notepad or Excel, they all get put as one item. It would be nice if pasting 3 lines of text would make 3 separate checklist items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multiple attachments

We need the ability to version, track and approve artwork/concepts with in planner. It needs to have the ability to have more than one attachment to a card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In filters, include an option 'recently updated'

Please include an option in the filters to display only the recently updated tasks(customizable - say 1 day ago, 2 days ago, 1 week, 1 month, ......).

There might be so many tasks and its tedious to check all the tasks. This option will help to narrow down the tasks which has some update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base