Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications when comments are made on a task

Currently, Planner only sends a notification to the assignees when there is a second comment posted to a task. No notification is sent when the first comment is made.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. watch lists for planner tasks

In Teams (and Planner) add the capability to have a watch/notification list so that when comments are posted to the task, everyone on the watch/notification list receives an email with that update.

secondly, give an option for people to receive notifications immediately, as a weekly digest, or daily... just as you can do in Sharepoint.

In Teams, I have teams of people assigned to a task with a checklist so they are all aware of what has to be done and can check off progress. However, if there is an update, they AND ME (the manager) need to know the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. please restore my deleted buckets from my planner

We should be able to restore deleted buckets or tasks from planner for some reason they deleted some buckets I had and now I cannot restore them and my team isn't able to work now we have to invest more time again to type them in we are considering using other applications to work with and not use Microsoft applications anymore

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner

When someone leaves a comment on a task within Planner, other's assigned to the task get a teams message and/or email to advise them a comment has been left. At present the only way to identify a comment is to fully open the task within the planner screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enrich the Schedule view of Microsoft Planner

There is so much wasted white space in the Schedule view of Planner. The functionality could really be enriched by adding Bucket name, Labels, owner icons, and other 'small' details to the bar of each task in the Schedule view. And please, please show all the tasks visible with scrolling in the Schedule view -- don't hide them with a "+X more" hyperlink.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Visual In-progress status on top of every task along ...

Visual In-progress status on top of every task along an automatic self in-progress activation for the task as soon as a subtask is cheched as completed

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Planner Assignment filter should only show people with assigned tasks in the plan

If you're working in a team with a lot of people, but a specific plan has tasks only assigned to a few people, the Filter functionality should only show people who have tasks assigned in that planner.

Right now filtering by person on a planner attached to a large team is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Planner in the navigation pane

Make it quicker to access Planner rather than have to click to sub menu

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add option to filter tasks so that I see all tasks I created and assigned to others

add option to filter tasks so that I see all tasks I created and assigned to others

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner notification on due tasks

It would be great if there was a functionality which sends notifications to assigend colleagues when a a task in planner is close to its duedate or overdue, so team members don't have to monitor planner all the time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filter out Certain Buckets

Please enable the possibility to filter out certain buckets in the Buckets view. Not all buckets are relevant to me, and thus I don't want them occupying a lot of my screen space.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View All Tasks for a Team

We started using this at work to track multiple projects, but currently there doesn't seem to view all the plans at once. This would be great for managers who want to have an overview of multiple projects and see how the tasks are distributed among the users.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to add Custom Fields and Export to Excel

My company is looking for a service almost exactly like the Planner App that is embedded within Microsoft Teams.

The only thing holding my colleagues back from the switch is the lack of customization which is typically associated with MS products.

Specifically, we need to add a Project Worth ($$$) section to help us convert qualitative data into something quantifiable. Additionally, it would be nice if we could export the fields to Excel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. planner status report automation

Scrape title, description and most recent comments from Planner cards for export to OneNote or Word thus generating a status report. Optionally, post as additional section within charts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include options to move labels and tags based in priority

Currently the position of labels and tags is fixed in planner. There is no option in planner to say, display the last 2 labels first. Say I want to use red for critical and yellow for important and these 2 labels are in different places. Need one option to display them together and also maybe to just display the labels/tags that I want and not others.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner

There should be a way to add Planner to your main Hub on the left hand side instead of just having it as a Tab under a specific Team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide ability to create swimlanes, or exception workflows

Custom kanban board design functionality such as what LeanKit provides allow board designers to create horizontal and vertical splits within columns to allow for more complex workflows. An example would be a horizontal swimlane for work that needs to be expedited.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Planner App more visible

We have a lot of none IT-people in the back-office.
    I must show them frequently where the planer app is (an their tasks) because its so hidden in teams.
    (Click the three tiny dots, click on teams).

• I wish i could modify teams so that Planner is a main button the the side menu

• I wish i could set the app any as default start page, company wide, so they see every-morning their tasks.

• i wish teams would cache things. I can`t stand this endless loading indicators while switching between pages

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign Task to Not memeber without add them as Member

Why assign a task to someone add that person to team? why Microsoft do no allow add task to people that are not part of the team, that person should be able to work with the task assigned to him but not add access to all the Team. It is like in Outlook you create a task and assign it to "Genaro" and automatically "Genaro" get access to all your mail to be able to work in that task.

We need separate permission.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Tasks Assigned to Direct Reports

Need to be able to see direct report work load and what they are working on and what is assigned to them. Otherwise planner is not that useful. Please add this feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base