Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter out Certain Buckets

Please enable the possibility to filter out certain buckets in the Buckets view. Not all buckets are relevant to me, and thus I don't want them occupying a lot of my screen space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Activity feed / Rights system for Planner

The ability to limit access to planner tasks e.g. only the creator of a task can delete it. Right now anyone in the team just could (accidently) delete a task without anyone know about it. Also, a "activity feed" in the main Chat would be nice, so users know when someone comments on their tasks or creating a new task with you as the responsible person. Right now you have to look at the planner what your tasks are without any notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner Alert via E-mails and Planner itself is missing

Planner Alert via E-mails and Planner itself is missing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Putting tasks on pause/on hold/ or a priority

Would be great to be able to put tasks on pause or hold if another task in the planner becomes a priority and for the priority tasks make them stand out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Planner, when you navigate away from a task, (say you receive a chat message) you do not lose your comments

In Planner, when you navigate away from a task, (say you receive a chat message) you do not lose your comments you added.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Planner view all by "Assigned To"

View all tasks in planner by team member "assigned to"

Currently have to pick one channel, but would like to see all feature grouped by "assigned to." Managing team with multiple projects and tasks will allow an owner to prioritize tasks and view team member's productivity and progress.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a MOVE feature to *move* tasks from one bucket to another....

its a pain to do a right button click and then -copy task- and then come back and do a right button click and -delete-

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. There is no draft that is recorded as in emails???

I was completting a task planner filling the information. However, when i miminise the window all the information was LOST losing 1 hour of word. I don't understand why it was not recorded as a draft or even does not allow the option or provide a warning that you are going to lose the information if you minimise the window..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. planner status report automation

Scrape title, description and most recent comments from Planner cards for export to OneNote or Word thus generating a status report. Optionally, post as additional section within charts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include options to move labels and tags based in priority

Currently the position of labels and tags is fixed in planner. There is no option in planner to say, display the last 2 labels first. Say I want to use red for critical and yellow for important and these 2 labels are in different places. Need one option to display them together and also maybe to just display the labels/tags that I want and not others.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move a chat message to Planner easily and view its status

Teams has a nice ability to retrieve an email address of a particular channel. It can be used to make a channel for support or feedback, but with the functionality we already have, the message can be easily lost. My idea is to add the following function:
    -in a new message, there appears a button "Add to Planner" (for example, under three dots button or right next to it), after you do it, a task in Planner appears instantly or after filling a short form;
    -after a user adds a new task into a Planner this way, in this message…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Weightings (time,points, percentage etc.) against tasks in Microsoft Planner

Hello Team, It would be great to have weightings (time, percentage, points and etc.) against tasks in Microsoft Planner, which also be reflected in Charts section.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. provide a backup capability in case the system crashes

provide a backup capability in case the system crashes either by allowing the information to be stored locally as a xls or word file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manager View / View All Team Tasks

Currently, when I open Planner within the Teams desktop app, I only have the option to see my tasks. I have direct reports whose tasks I need to monitor. So I need to open the Planner web app separately, just so I can see unassigned tasks within plans that aren't mine or to see tasks assigned to other people. That's kind of a silly oversight.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to be able to decide for myself what grouping is the startpage within planner

It always starts with 'buckets'. But I want my basic look to be 'voortang' (progress).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Planner App more visible

We have a lot of none IT-people in the back-office.
    I must show them frequently where the planer app is (an their tasks) because its so hidden in teams.
    (Click the three tiny dots, click on teams).

- I wish i could modify teams so that Planner is a main button the the side menu
    - I wish i could set the app any as default start page, company wide, so they see every-morning their tasks.
    - i wish teams would cache things. I can`t stand this endless loading indicators while switching between pages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Planner attachement error when rename/move source file in Onedrive/SharePoint

If you rename or move the source file in Onedrive/SharePoint, from an planner-attachement, the link not working anymore.

Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User Interface

it would be nice if there were a way to customize the navigation bar on the left - to maybe have shortcuts to other apps such as personal outlook to see personal tasks etc. and then something to get into other commonly used

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Individual Checklists in MS Planner

I want several check lists (as much as I want) in MS Planner.
    And I want to name them as I want.

At the moment there is only one fixed check list called "Checklist". That´s not enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.