Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not limit number os tasks on each bucket - 20 is to low

Do not limit number os tasks on each bucket as 20. its is a small number

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. looking at using a planner for teams to manage work for the team, have assigned label for each engineer. would it possible for the label col

we are trying using a planner within teams to manage workload of team. have assigned a label to each engineer, is it be possible for the label colour to appear in the Schedule view of the planner to quickly identify assigned engineer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not user friendly

Take notes from Monday.com. Their system is so customizable and user friendly, while also having an actual list graphic for an action item list. I am shocked that I can't export an actual list to excel, one a Microsoft program, while on Monday.com I am able to do so. Upgrade user interaction interface please!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planning across tools (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, Custom Issues)

Coming from a GitHub + Slack user space, I had a look at Microsoft Teams. My first impression was a kind of chaotic user interface, which was not clear to use for me. However, I searched for the reason, why to use it and had a great idea, which obviously is not implemented.

We have different sources for Issues like GitHub, GitLab, or even other tools. There are some capabilities of GitHub for example to implement a kanban board, but what I expected from Microsoft Teams was the integration of all this sources to any other tool like the Planner. …

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assignments due

There should be a complete list of all your assignments in chronological order of due dates instead of all your assignments in each subject. It takes 5-10 seconds (depending on how slow your wifi/data is) to switch between subjects which can be a bit annoying at times. I would like to see all of my assignments for all of my subjects together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a task is completed, post the name of the team member completing it

When a task in planner is completed, post to the General channel the name of the task completed, when it was completed and who completed it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the editng & delete options

Add the editng and deleting options.
    when i was upload my comments to my task, I can't edit and delete my comment.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dependencies between Tasks

I want to be able to create dependencies between Tasks within & across Plans

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add colour to Planner!

Planner is great for integration with other Microsoft office tools but it falls far behind competitors with it's utter bland-ness! Having the ability to change the dull grey background as well as colour-code and add images to tasks would lift Planner's game no-end & encourage 1000's more to migrate from other platforms.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to get Planner tasks deadline notification in Teams

I want to get Teams notification when Planner tasks deadline is approaching or late.
    Right now, We can get only Planner assignment notifications in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members

When assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members add a feature that requires everyone to click "complete" so it stays "Open". It often happens that one person on the assigned task completes their portion of the work and clicks their item - and - the entire task complete. If it were the case that all items in the list within a task must be checked "complete" before the main task can be checked "complete" that would be very useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bulk update template for Teams Network Planner

Currently it is not possible to update multiple site information at one go in the Teams Network Planner. Kindly provision a Bulk update template for the same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. planner due date reminder

Just a simple reminder notification / push notification to mobile 1 week/day /hour before a task is due within planner.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner needs better work flow - copy buckets - Templates

We have started using Teams, and naturally Planner.
    But the whole planner / teams intergration seems a bit off. Like their not made for each other.
    The work delegating and tracking tasks for employees is time comsuming, so when i found planner i was i awe, untill i realized ALL Buckets had to be constructed for scratch for each team!
    As we have over 100 project a year, and around 6000 tasks, this process has to be more stream lined, and intergrated.!

The use of templates, that function independent of what TEAM it belongs to, would be great! And the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Kanban Tree for sub tasks

Dear MS Teams,

Our team is using MS Teams Planner and we really like it! It really is working well so far.
    One thing that would be really great to have is the establishment of connection with Main Task and sub Tasks. We create main tasks based on our milestones, and we create sub tasks based on the main tasks. Sometimes on main task has several sub tasks that could be handled by many team members. So it would be really nice if we can see the tree of main task-sub tasks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate Tom's Planner or similar Planner Fuctionality

Really would love to see the Planner App work across multiple channels. It would be nice to pick and choose, which channels, & which tasks/schedules appear in a gantt chart. We use Tom's Planner and love it's simplicity. Maybe integration with Tom's Planner would be great.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keyboard shortcut for quick-assign self to Planner task

Trello has a keyboard shortcut (space) that, when pressed while hovering over a task, assigns or unassigns you to that task.

Now with Planner integration with Microsoft To-Do, I've found it annoying that to simply assign a task to myself I have to go through several steps, when it's incredibly easy in Trello in comparison.

Most tasks I add are for myself, so it would be much better for a simple keyboard shortcut (space while hovering) to assign me to that task.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Creating to do items for multiple team members

When creating to do items (e.g. task) they can be assigned to multiple team members but not every team member can confirm their task is done without closing the entire to do item. It should be possible that individual team members confirm the task is completed and once all have confirmed the to do item can (automatically) be closed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner task notification go only to assigned to and task manager

Notifications and updates should only go to the assigned persons and the task creator/owner

This includes updates to task status.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base