Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Real Time Planner (Auto Refresh)

It would be nice to have the Planner update in real time when a teammate changes / updates a card like Trello does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

3. Task Dependancies with Auto Calculate Task Start and End Dates

Link tasks to precendents with notifications when task completes, so next person can comence work on following tasks. It would also be great to be able to define how many days between start and end of each task, and due date of final task, (or any other task in the chain) so the start and end dates of all the tasks in the chain can be automatically calculated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Comments on Planner to have same functionality as Teams chats

I would like to be able to to have all my comms on a project happen via Planner instead of email, so that others can view the project and see all the decisions made / history on a project.

In order for this to be effective the "comments"" section on planner should have the same functionality as Teams chat, e.g. ability to add screenshots, proper formatting, link display etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bucket template in Planner

I would love to have the ability to create a bucket template in the Planner feature. My team has a lot of the same task lists for our assignments and having something that creates our to-do list easier would be really beneficial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Coulour orginazie task in planner

Now it's possible to tag your task by diffrent colours in the planner the problem is that the tag is not showing if you don''t click on the task. I would like to be able to either change the coour of the task card al togetheror that the tag would be visible then you are looking in Schedule.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to move BUCKETS in MS Team Planner

It would be great if you can add the ability to COPY an MS Team's Planner BUCKET to a different MS Teams Planner app. The ability to copy the ENTIRE bucket of Tasks/Tiles, not just a since Task/Tile at a time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy an existing Planner to another tab

As for nom in Planner online users can copy an existing planner, but this functionnality is not available in Teams, I can "only" copy a task from one planner to another but can copy an entire planner to a new tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right click a message in Chat and select a context menu to create a task in planner

In chat, I wish you could right click a message and see more options in the context menu. One of those options should be, create task in planner. This would effectively take that chat post and copy it into a planner task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When working in Planner, allow another window option so you can converse and see planner at the same time

We use planner for deployment of projects. Tasks are listed. Only problem is if you are in planner and then want to send a message in conversations tab, you literally have to exit planner, go to your conversations tab and then go back to planner. There should be a way that you can keep planner up and converse at the same time. Give option for planner to be in another 'window'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Planner supervisor and better calendar integration

First, there is a bug but it's only possible add planner calendar to outlook if you are owner of the plan itself, being member isn't enough.

Also, it would be awesome to create a supervisor role to see all the tasks in outlook calendar, because once you sync it with iCalendar thing you only see your assigned tasks, this way if you are team manager, you have to be assigned in every task.

But to polish it even more, planner tasks should go directly into calendar, it is obvious that you need it.

Thanks for this forum.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paste checklist as multiple items

When I paste multiple lines into the checklist entry line from Notepad or Excel, they all get put as one item. It would be nice if pasting 3 lines of text would make 3 separate checklist items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scrolling down in Planner should scroll the view horizontally

Scrolling down does nothing in Planner, unless I hover a bucket with a lot of items (then it scrolls vertically in the bucket).
    It would be better if scrolling would scroll the view horizontally, or atleast to have this option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tag people on comments in Microsoft Planner

It would be so practical if we could to tag people (@) in comments to call their attention into updates on tasks.
    So those people would receive an special attention email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to move Planner Tasks with finger using a touch-enabled Surface Pro Tablet

Love Planner, but I can't move Planner Task tiles with my finger when using my Surface Pro tablet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Visual In-progress status on top of every task along ...

Visual In-progress status on top of every task along an automatic self in-progress activation for the task as soon as a subtask is cheched as completed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to see all tasks assigned to a teammember across channels and teams

It would be great to see all tasks assigned to someone other than myself across all teams and channels.

As a manager, I need the ability to see all tasks assigned to members of my department across all MS Teams and Channels so that I can ensure there is no duplication of effort and to manage workload and expectations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Planner task notification go only to assigned to and task manager

Notifications and updates should only go to the assigned persons and the task creator/owner

This includes updates to task status.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include Task in subject of "You've been assigned a task!" email

Please teach me if there is a way to include the Task in subject of "You've been assigned a task!" email.
    Currently the email subject announces the task only. The task name is only in the body of the email. Please put the task name in the subject.
    Some team members like Outlook (think diversity and inclusion :-) ). They use it as a universal inbox / todo (even though could use many other tools like teams, slack, trello, etc). So they like to flag the to-do items. Not very helpful to have a bunch of messages all with same…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should be able to @message team members in the comments of a Planner task.

It's important that we be able to mention someone in the comments of a Planner task. How else to have dialogue in the context of the task?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.