Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. conversation within task

as soon as we push a message within a task, it informs all the member of the team, even if the task is allocated to only 2 members "only" => it would be better to inform only the allocated people of the concerned task instead of the total members list of the team

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner Tab Problem in Mac Application

It has been noted here that Planner tabs are forcing an additional login. I seem to be having this issue except instead of a login window popping, I am being redirected to the following URL, which does not load....{The Braces have been redacted of my personal username}

https://tasks.office.com/Home/MicrosoftTeamsSignIn?authupn={My username}&authpvr=OrgId&mkt=en-us

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Desktop App requires login to app AND connections every time

When using the desktop app we are required to log in every time to Office 365 when the app loads AND when the Planner tab loads. We have O365 connected with SAML to our portal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner - export comments

For the Export Planner to Excel feature, please add the comments to the export.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a time feature to due dates in Planner

can we add a time to the due date in planner? some projects are time sensitive and need to be done by a certain time vs just any time during the day. it would also be nice to add an alert reminder

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notification for Completed Tasks

It would great if the creator of a task gets notified when the person it's assigned to completes it. I can't keep going back and forth and checking to see what's complete and ready for review, it would be very beneficial to my teams productivity to get a message or an email saying the task I assigned someone was completed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a list view by due date in Planner

Create a simple one line list view by due date (task and due date) for easy viewing (preferred over the calendar, which is hard to view)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add calendar (schedule view) for all 'my tasks' in planner, across all plans

In planner, you can see all of your tasks, across all plans, but you can't see them in a calendar. In an individual plan, you can see this in 'schedule'. I understand you can accomplish this through outlook, but our team would rather stay in Teams/ planner when reviewing all open items.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner - link to outlook calendar for tasks and deadlines

Would love to see my tasks/deadlines appear in my Outlook calendar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manage "My Tasks" better in Planner. Only showing tasks where I have a pending item due.

Currently - the Planner App is a great tool that allows our business to organize tasks and projects in one place. We can assign portions of a task to certain individuals and have discussions in the "Comments" box for the task.

Right now, though, if I am assigned a certain item within an overall task, the entire task shows up in My Tasks on Planner.

It would be very helpful if the Planner allowed this function for the Owner of the task only, and allowed those with just smaller items in the Checklist to have the task be removed from…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Several MS Planner plans join together into a master MS plan

It would be helpful if several MS Planner plans (one per channel) could be automatically aggregated into some kind of master MS Planner plan in the General channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When working in Planner, allow another window option so you can converse and see planner at the same time

We use planner for deployment of projects. Tasks are listed. Only problem is if you are in planner and then want to send a message in conversations tab, you literally have to exit planner, go to your conversations tab and then go back to planner. There should be a way that you can keep planner up and converse at the same time. Give option for planner to be in another 'window'

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, Planner task status limited to "Not Started", "In Progress" or "Complete". Would like to see "Canceled" as delete removes the ta

Currently, Planner Task statuses limited to "Not Started", "In Progress" or "Complete". Would be useful to have a "Canceled" option as well. Deleting removes the Task altogether, which does not show the task existed and was canceled. Other Statuses, such as "On Hold" might also be useful so as to record a task still needs to be completed but with an indefinite due date.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More Categories in Planner and more Colors

I'd like to have the possibility to use more Catagories and mor colors in Planner.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. copy a planner & printing it

Hi, my name is Monica, I work at Ltapparel/ we have a 3 season calendar spring/fall and school. I would like to know how can I copy a planner that I set up for Spring 2020 onto Fall 2020 and School 2020? All task/events are the same - the only changes would be the start and end dates, there are over 100 lines & I would appreciate having a copy function rather then retyping it all again twice. I've attach a screenshot of how my planner looks - which by the way I would also like to know how to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Users outside Team to View and Add Planner Tasks

On the tech community I have seen requests from admins for users outside of a Team to View and Add Planner Tasks to a Planner inside of that Team as opposed to setting up a new team for users. This would be great functionality for team leaders, managers, and where several departments work together but don't need access to each others content.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Convert URL to clickable link in tasks

Same as in a conversation:
    Posting a URL should always convert it to a clickable link.
    In description, check list, comments...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. /Tasks to see your direct reports list of tasks including open tasks from Planner.

As a manager, I want to be able to select an employee and see tasks assigned to them, including open tasks. This is also important to an employee that is assigning tasks to others to be able to investigate their statuses.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transfer task between planner

In some project I use different planner for channels so that each channel uses its own workflow.

At some point I need to move a task to another plan.
    It would be great to be able to do that

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can MS Planner be used track project hours…

So I’m a 365 user now, deep in Teams and have questions, one specifically in mind to ask.

Can MS Planner be used track project hours. I’m looking for a way to get information on assigned + completed tasks to help me compare a projects estimated cost against actual time spent.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base