Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

5,085 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

83 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

2. Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
    It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,443 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

3. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

1,647 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

861 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

5. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

373 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

6. Create Planner Task from a Teams conversation

I would like to easily create a planner Task form a Teams conversation.
    e.g.: @Microsoft task: Enable Planner Task creation from a Teams conversation

A Suggestion should help to set additional information e.g.: due date
    By default the bucket should match the channel

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow direct file attachment to Planner Tasks in TEAMS

Provide ability to attach a document to a Planner Task from your Desktop (like you can do in a SP task).  Today, you have to upload the document into Teams first, then open your Planner Task and then attach by referencing the previously uploaded document.

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. My Tasks view

in Planner (tasks.microsoft.com) there is a "My Tasks" button that shows everything assigned and its current progress status.

Can this be built in to teams?

As i am working on multiple projects it would be good to see what needs doing without having to look through 20 tabs

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. recover deleted tasks and buckets

Please make it possible to recover deleted tasks and buckets of tasks. Sometimes people do stupid things.

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assigning a non-member to a task in planner adds them to the Team

If you assign a person a task in planner who isn't a member of the team, they automatically get added to the team. There is a message which says non-member but I don't think this is clear enough.

There should be another warning/pop up telling the user that if they assign a task to someone not on the team they will get added to the team. This is a security concern!

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide audit trail for Planner task edits

Changes can be made to the characteristics of a task, e.g., description or due date, without any audit trail. It would be extremely helpful to know which user made changes and when.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create Planner Task directly from Conversation Item

Many times while working with my Team in conversations, we create actionable items from our work together. It would be AMAZING if there was a small icon in the top right corner (next to the saved icon and the thumbs up perhaps) that would allow me to turn that conversation line directly into a planner task, linking the two together! Think about how much more productive we could be, plus, we cut down the step of having to copy and paste into planner itself.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tracking hours spent on tasks in planner

I am not able to capture the amount of time I spend everyday on a particular task. We usually break down the task to as small a possible and work on more than one task on any given day. It will help if we can capture the amount of time we spend on a given task on a daily basis.
    It will also help if we can plot the effort spent (individually and cumulatively). My intention is to have a scrum board for my team.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I need the ability to look at meeting more than 6 days into the future.

Please allow for the viewing of more calendar days for meetings to be able to manage meetings with members.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Planner item from Thread

It would be great if there was an easy way to take a thread, and turn it into an item on a Tab, such as Planner. Where we are building a 'helpdesk' team channel with our tickets pouring there (please also see my threading of connector webhook updates request) it would be great to be able to pull the threads into planner and keep track of them there. It would also be great if planner updates would then reflect back to the channel, and where the planner items being updated were created from threads, said updates would occur back in…

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Planner: Allow chats on tasks in planner

Working on a planner task in Teams, I can post a comment. This comment is then sent by E-Mail to all team members and the Team's mailbox. No chat allowed on Tasks - only on the Channel. This is very much different to the logic applied in other channels in Teams.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tasks from conversations

Tasks for conversations to be added so any actions within conversations can be turned instantly into a task

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Follow Up Ability

There should be an ability to make anything in Teams a follow up task (possibly link it to planner). If someone posts something, I want to be take that post and create a task with it for follow up. With this, similar to Outlook's summary page - I want a summary page in Teams, such as ALL current open tasks, new unread messages, etc.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.