Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'delegate' feature in the planner addon

@MicrosoftTeams needs a 'delegate' feature in the planner addon, so i can assign/move the tasks to other members of staff that don't reside in the same channel please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More options to use Power Automate (Flow) with Planner

I cannot believe how difficult it is to edit plans with Planner. Power Automate helps, but it can only update a very limited number of fields.

I am working with 200+ items in my plans and I would like to have the ability to make the following edits "en masse" (i.e., using Power Automate):
    1. Change Labels
    2. Delete tasks and buckets
    3. Add and edit steps
    4. Sort tasks and buckets

Power Automate is clunky, not very robust (very easy to run into errors in your scripts) and very slow. I believe there is plenty of room to improve…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create custom Group Names for Planner

Not sure why Planner placed an upper limit on how many people can be assigned a specific task, but the current max is 11 assigned team members. This creates an issue when the specific task needs to be completed by more people. One option is copy the task so each person has their own task (too time consuming), raise/remove the 11 person limit (seems feasible), or create named groups of people within the given team (more efficient). These team-specific named groups would make assigning tasks in Planner for that team much easier. There would also need to be a way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Planner board condensed list view

When looking at the Planner Board, it would also be nice to see a condense list view to make for easy scanning of tasks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add polling feature

Add polling feature to Planner or somewhere else in Teams like maybe a new polling app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For Planner/Task allow a task to be trigger to start by the completion of another task

Similar to a Project task where you have successors and predecessors it would be good to be able to link tasks with dependencies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. planner ability to create meeting from task

Users should have the ability to create a meeting from a Planner task by clicking the ellipsis and selecting Create Meeting from the list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a PLANNER in TEAMS user, I want to click & drop emails from OUTLOOK into my PLANNER cards without saving them inbetween

If I want to add an email from Outlook as additional information to a task in PLANNER in TEAMS, I first need to save this email as file to my local drive and then I can attach it with the existing attachment function. For me it would be much more convenient if I could just click and drop the email from Outlook directly on the PLANNER task card and attach it this way automaticaly. This would help me document the inputs for the tasks which I receive by email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have planner app link across multiple channels

Planner is used to track all actions across the business but we have multiple channels for different work functions i.e Operations, Supply Chain & Engineering. All have their own Planner tab to track changes. I would like in another channel a planner that is linked to all the other channels so its not duplicated but we can go to one location to see all the actions across the business. We can then use the filters and labels to drill into the data, this would be a powerful addition

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow checklist items to be assigned to different people as well as assign them different due dates.

Our marketing team is beginning to use planner and it's difficult to keep projects moving forward because you cannot currently assign checklist items to specific people or give those checklist items a due date, one that differs from the due date of the task itself. Buckets are great but you cannot effectively work if you have dozens of tasks under one bucket, you need to keep it all in one place, under the same task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. @mention in planner tasks with notification

It should be possible to mention specific people with @name in the comments of planner.

The respective should be notified accordingly.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dark Mode

The op of white screens easier on the eyes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Planner extra features

I think Planner in Teams is on the right track but there are a few featurs missing before it will be fully functional.
    Here are a list of features that I think could improve the usability of Planner;

1) History of all changes - who/what/when
    2) Drag and drop of documents/ pictures/ emails
    3) Notes function on the task with the same write feature as writing in an email - Bold letters/ bullet points / tables etc.
    4) Highlight on the Assigned persons how is driving the task
    5) Set up automatic notifications if tasks are completed - following a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to change the lay-out (from moving the page across to top to bottom view) of the planner po

If we add new buckets and it doesn't fit the screen, we have to scroll to the right. I'd be nice to have an option to scroll up or down to view them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner - bulk export, increase tab allowance, search filter by person

Planner does about 95 percent of what I need to run my group and is pretty good but it's still missing crucial items. The final 5% exists but needs tweaking of already available tools.

1 - I need to be able to sort planner tasks by person. Right now I can do by topic, label, due dates etc. But I cannot filter it by Joe Schmo to see how he is tracking on his tasks and what his outstanding items are.

2 - Bulk export all planner tabs (or selected planner tabs). We can export a single tab into excel,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Viewing Attachments in Planner items

When I have attachments against a Planner item it would be great once I open one, to be able to leaf through the others in the viewer window. It is so old school to have to close and open each individually just to see them - particularly if they are images!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase max planner notes capacity

Increase the amount of space allowed for entries in the Notes section of Planner. Currently the section wants to auto scroll back to the center after a certain number of entries, making it very difficult to add further notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. recover team planners

I just copied a team planner. upon deleteing the new planner i lost the original plan!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base