Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Base planner due dates on completion of connected tasks

Create an option to connect multiple related tasks and adjust due dates automatically. E.g. After person A completes task X, person B has 2 weeks to complete task Y, which triggers a 1 week timeline for person C to complete task Z. We have a large team of individuals and many due dates are somewhat flexible - but tied to the completion of other tasks. This would prevent us from having to adjust due dates on a string of tasks because one was delayed. It would also ensure a person is not prompted to complete a task until the connected…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to reduce task size to show only Task Name

At present, if you want to use all the variance functions in Planner(labels/assignment/due dates) this makes each individual task at least 5 rows long (a square as opposed to a row) and therefore you can only fit 6ish on a page (going down).

I would like the option to use all of the extra functions but with the option to collapse them (similar to 'show on card' feature for notes) so there is an option for me to only see the task name and I can find all other information once I click into it. This would allow me to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Email generated by Planner to mention Bucket name too, so that the context of the Task becomes clear to the receiver

Email generated by Planner should mention Bucket name too, so that the context of the Task becomes clear to the receiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to create multiple checklists in planner items

Create the ability to create multiple checklists in planner items inc the ability to create templates
    This is an option in Trello

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to copy an entire column instead of just copy a task within a column

My team of 17 people use the planner app to identify where each team member is for a given week. Would love the ability to copy an entire column of tasks (each task with 1 of the 17 names attached to it) into another column so that you don't have to recreate for each week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To see the detailed use of Planner in Teams or PowerBI

With all the teleworking and the task gestures, Planner has become a very important tool, that is why I would like to see its more detailed usability either from Teams or PowerBI, as shown by the other Collaboration tools!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. like or thumbs up in Planner for tasks and comments

like or thumbs up in Planner for tasks and comments

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unlimited Planner Checklist & Characters

Increase number of items on a checklist from current 20 to limitless and remove character limits.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. pasting a screenshot in a reply to a task in planner

in the demo the example was to snip a screen where the user was having problems and replying to a task. there was no mention of being able to paste the screen shot. saving the screenshot as a file and then attaching is time consuming. can you just paste the screenshot in to the reply?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. planner does not give the option to record actual hours spent on the tasks

planner does not give the option to record actual hours spent on the taks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. copy the structure (buckets and lables) of a plan into a new plan

Add the option of copying an existing plan when creating a new plan tab. Now you have the option of creating a new plan or using an existing one.

It was not clear to me that when using the existing plan that it was simply creating another view on to that plan. I found out after i had deleted 15 important tasks (from what I thought was the copy) and now everyone is P.o'ed at me. (especially because of not being able to restore tasks)

It would be useful to be able to copy a plan structure without necessarily copying…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 KPI'S in Planner & put a graph

In the planner category put under priority another category with 4 KPI'S regarding Safety , Quality, Deliver and Cost and after to see a graphic like in this attachment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Progress Status: Canceled and more

In the Progress dropdown, if there's a chance to add: Canceled

-Not Started
    -In Progress
    -Completed

• Notification to the person who is assigned to a task when someone put a comment or updates.

• Filter by A-z or by Priority Level

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 'delegate' feature in the planner addon

@MicrosoftTeams needs a 'delegate' feature in the planner addon, so i can assign/move the tasks to other members of staff that don't reside in the same channel please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More options to use Power Automate (Flow) with Planner

I cannot believe how difficult it is to edit plans with Planner. Power Automate helps, but it can only update a very limited number of fields.

I am working with 200+ items in my plans and I would like to have the ability to make the following edits "en masse" (i.e., using Power Automate):
    1. Change Labels
    2. Delete tasks and buckets
    3. Add and edit steps
    4. Sort tasks and buckets

Power Automate is clunky, not very robust (very easy to run into errors in your scripts) and very slow. I believe there is plenty of room to improve…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create custom Group Names for Planner

Not sure why Planner placed an upper limit on how many people can be assigned a specific task, but the current max is 11 assigned team members. This creates an issue when the specific task needs to be completed by more people. One option is copy the task so each person has their own task (too time consuming), raise/remove the 11 person limit (seems feasible), or create named groups of people within the given team (more efficient). These team-specific named groups would make assigning tasks in Planner for that team much easier. There would also need to be a way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner board condensed list view

When looking at the Planner Board, it would also be nice to see a condense list view to make for easy scanning of tasks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base