Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Links to OneNote Desktop App in Planner Cards

Right now, it is not possible to put a link to a OneNote-Desktop App Page in the Planner. It is possible to have a link for OneNote-Online, but that is not sufficient for me as we need the features of the Desktop App.
    The common workaround with "onenote:.." in the url doesn't work because teams doesn't allow it. The only possible workaround right now is to copy + paste the Link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onenote-links-to-paragraph-integration-with/2fd4bb3f-a5a5-41e9-b35a-8a8033908a90
    It would be very helpfull to be able to link planner cards with OneNote-Pages in the Desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Planner's web view into the planner tab in teams.

Can we get a view in the teams tab that mimics that of the web portal? We see every plan across all teams/channels we are a part of, can favorite certain plans that matter most, and get the planner hub view that acts as a dashboard across the groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit Tasks

Prevent tasks from being edited. We use Planner to Assign tasks to different employees in our department. If assigned they are able to edit/alter their assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Task explorer improvement

Currently the planner having start date and due date for the particular activity . Planner user or an employee is responsible to do multiple tasks . Means , he or she will be handling one or more than one activities at a time . For example , if we are adding a task " ABC" start date is 07/01 and due date is 07/30 , here application will calculate 30 days needed to complete the same . System is not considering productivity time or log time required for that task .Not having time tracking makes it difficult manage resource demands.Our…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add To Do List

Teams is such a wonderful tool! I am using it to manage so much work for my group. I find myself "going to paper" to keep a running To Do List. Having this option in Teams would be amazing. While it would help in a Team and/or Channel, having a place for my own To Do List would be very helpful. It's also something that I could manage from any device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trust curve with open &closed actions

please build a chart with 2 lines were we should see a trust curve with open &closed actions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. planner + private channel

Make it work!

Hi, I am getting the message in attachment and need a planner urgently. It says that the may be an existing planner somewhere, but doesn't give me a drop-down menu to select it. I've tried setting up a new one and an old one but no go.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Help track hours by providing acitivity areas drop down, calls and away time

The idea is to help track the hours of an individual as we're expected to be available on Teams for all the hours worked, by the following:
    1. Provide a drop down of activities/areas that the user can select once they're available, be able to change it as and when required noting actual hours spent on a specific area.
    2. Providing a summary of hours spent on calls and be able to allocate them to the areas the user defines.
    3. Track actual hours spent on a weekly basis.
    This would help a lot of individuals in knowing their effective…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to receive alerts about changes / additions made by the team in the Planner

As TEAM owner / person who is also assigned to a task, I like to get alert when one of my team members updates a task in the Planner, so that I am aware about progress

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy task to multiple buckets

When copying a task, being able to copy it to multiple buckets in one go would be super nice!
    Now I have to repeat the process many times, which is a drag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams: ver las reuniones pendientes

En Teams, podría existir una funcionalidad para poder ver las reuniones pendientes con un solo click sin tener que recorrer el calendario

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Base planner due dates on completion of connected tasks

Create an option to connect multiple related tasks and adjust due dates automatically. E.g. After person A completes task X, person B has 2 weeks to complete task Y, which triggers a 1 week timeline for person C to complete task Z. We have a large team of individuals and many due dates are somewhat flexible - but tied to the completion of other tasks. This would prevent us from having to adjust due dates on a string of tasks because one was delayed. It would also ensure a person is not prompted to complete a task until the connected…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to reduce task size to show only Task Name

At present, if you want to use all the variance functions in Planner(labels/assignment/due dates) this makes each individual task at least 5 rows long (a square as opposed to a row) and therefore you can only fit 6ish on a page (going down).

I would like the option to use all of the extra functions but with the option to collapse them (similar to 'show on card' feature for notes) so there is an option for me to only see the task name and I can find all other information once I click into it. This would allow me to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email generated by Planner to mention Bucket name too, so that the context of the Task becomes clear to the receiver

Email generated by Planner should mention Bucket name too, so that the context of the Task becomes clear to the receiver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to create multiple checklists in planner items

Create the ability to create multiple checklists in planner items inc the ability to create templates
    This is an option in Trello

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to copy an entire column instead of just copy a task within a column

My team of 17 people use the planner app to identify where each team member is for a given week. Would love the ability to copy an entire column of tasks (each task with 1 of the 17 names attached to it) into another column so that you don't have to recreate for each week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To see the detailed use of Planner in Teams or PowerBI

With all the teleworking and the task gestures, Planner has become a very important tool, that is why I would like to see its more detailed usability either from Teams or PowerBI, as shown by the other Collaboration tools!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. like or thumbs up in Planner for tasks and comments

like or thumbs up in Planner for tasks and comments

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)