Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner

Be able to set specific dates to 'to do' items and/or priority levels and have some filtering options to more easily manage more complex plans/tasks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

we have this!  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting in Planner

I would like to be able to sort planner items outside of their buckets in Teams by various criteria (tab color, etc.). Different sort/view options should be available

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow task creation for Asana and Planner

Allow users to create tasks in teams on both Asana and Planners, same as in Slack.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office 365 Planner Link

It would be nice to be able to click on a button that takes you to the overall view for an individual for assigned tasks. As it is now designed I have added a Planner Tab to one of my projects, but I can only see tasks related to that project. This is good, but it would be even better if I could easily switch to the multi-team view of all my Planner tasks across all teams. To do this now I need to open a separate office 365 web browser and login to Planner to see all my tasks…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Planner: Allow chats on tasks in planner

Working on a planner task in Teams, I can post a comment. This comment is then sent by E-Mail to all team members and the Team's mailbox. No chat allowed on Tasks - only on the Channel. This is very much different to the logic applied in other channels in Teams.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification when a new task or update task in planner via Teams

Actualy, I'm never notified in Teams when a new task is created in planner (via Teams) or when a task is updated

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Planner: Daily tasks

A setting in Planner to assign a task or bucket to "daily" (weekly) that has to be checked off each day, but automatically "resets" each day. With a report or comment for tasks not checked off; would be useful.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

1,126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

9. Please, make it possible to move a Task from one Chanel to another Chanel, not only from one Bucket to another Bucket.

For instance, we use a separate Chanel for Leads/Prospects, another Channel for (planning of) External Work, yet another for Internal Work.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner Card Background Label Color

Right now the labels are a small little color dot on the side of a card, Trello has something similar.

I would like to see labels that adjust the entire background color of the task card, that would make it MUCH easier to visualize the labels/categories at a glance (much like Outlook calendar could do).

I think that would definitely be a leg up on Trello.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change initial tab

Right now, the Conversation tab is the initial tab in a channel. I would like to put my Planner tab as the initial tab, so everytime I open my Channel, the first thing I see is the Planner tasks. I can only arrange the new tabs, but the Conversation, File and OneNote can not be changed nor deleted.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner Tab Problem in Mac Application

It has been noted here that Planner tabs are forcing an additional login. I seem to be having this issue except instead of a login window popping, I am being redirected to the following URL, which does not load....{The Braces have been redacted of my personal username}

https://tasks.office.com/Home/MicrosoftTeamsSignIn?authupn={My username}&authpvr=OrgId&mkt=en-us

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add "My Tasks" function for Planner tabs in Team, similar to how Planner works.

If I'm primarily using Teams, and I have many tasks spread across multiple channels, the only way to see all my tasks is to go to Planner. That is the only reason to go to Planner. It would be much more efficient if I could see my Teams-assigned Planner tasks directly in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Desktop App requires login to app AND connections every time

When using the desktop app we are required to log in every time to Office 365 when the app loads AND when the Planner tab loads. We have O365 connected with SAML to our portal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A way to export planner

It would be nice to have a way to export a planner bucket. Maybe to something generic, like CSV? Or something easy to interpret?

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy Planner Items

I may have multiple buckets with similar items in them, and it would be easier to copy the items to another bucket, instead of copying text between them. Thanks.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Planner item description

It would be nice if the planner item description had some formatting options. I use this to add details with headers/bullet points/strikethrough etc. Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create Planner Task directly from Conversation Item

Many times while working with my Team in conversations, we create actionable items from our work together. It would be AMAZING if there was a small icon in the top right corner (next to the saved icon and the thumbs up perhaps) that would allow me to turn that conversation line directly into a planner task, linking the two together! Think about how much more productive we could be, plus, we cut down the step of having to copy and paste into planner itself.

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

503 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

20. Allow access to browse teams during a call

While on a call (especially during screen sharing) with a team member, allow us to browse a channel or connection, keeping the call on the side.

Use case:

While doing a call with screen sharing, wanted to check the planner tasks on a channel. During this time, i now have to switch between the call and the channel/planner task. Would be great if we can still keep the call/screen sharing on the side as active.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base