Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please integrated MS Tasks (Planner) in Office 365 fully in Teams

Please integrated MS Tasks (Planner) in Office 365 fully in Teams so I can reuse Plans in Teams and pin them to different teams.

Currently I am only able to create new plans which is ok but not great

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copying tasks in teams

If I have a number of similar tasks, it would make me more productive if I could just copy & paste (or duplicate) a fully populated one, rename it, and tweak the details to fit.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner: Paste pictures in a task from the clipboard

It could be great to enable the possibility to paste pictures in a task un Planner from the clipboard. Also to drag pictures from a folder / desktop...

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner: Filter by color

As the colors in Planner are referred to different labs, it could be nice to have the possibility of filter by colors.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add personal tabs

Allow us to have our tabs like my personal Site tab or Planner.
    With personal tabs I can customize my experience with Teams and add functionalities.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
    It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

7. Tracking hours spent on tasks in planner

I am not able to capture the amount of time I spend everyday on a particular task. We usually break down the task to as small a possible and work on more than one task on any given day. It will help if we can capture the amount of time we spend on a given task on a daily basis.
    It will also help if we can plot the effort spent (individually and cumulatively). My intention is to have a scrum board for my team.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dynamics CRM integration

Link the task with CRM dynamics enabling the creation of service activities, tasks, meetings directly from the planner/wrike... etc

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams who have the same name - Major inconsistencies !!

My colleague created a team "SJ Test Team" and I created one with exactly the same name, Teams allowed this.
    In SharePoint his team had the URL xxxx\SJTestTEAM\xxxx & mine had a URL of xxxx\SJTestTeam23\xxxx - no idea why it randomly choose the number 23 (maybe the dev guy is a Michael Jordan fan?)

But that's not the weird thing, in exchange the associated distribution lists are SJTestTeam@xxxx.com and SJTestTeam8800@xxxx.com

How on earth has SPO 23 become Exchange 8800? This is bonkers, we have planner disabled but I'd love to know what the team would be called in there. Either…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can integrate Microsoft Planner or Trello as a tab in any channel in Teams. Just click the little + sign in your channel’s tabs section, and choose Planner or Trello from the pop-up window.

12. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

1,684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

5,382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

14. Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Planner item from Thread

It would be great if there was an easy way to take a thread, and turn it into an item on a Tab, such as Planner. Where we are building a 'helpdesk' team channel with our tickets pouring there (please also see my threading of connector webhook updates request) it would be great to be able to pull the threads into planner and keep track of them there. It would also be great if planner updates would then reflect back to the channel, and where the planner items being updated were created from threads, said updates would occur back in…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Planner Checklist

We should be able to reorder items in checklist without having to delete items

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for this feedback! Fortunately, this feature already exists. Just drag and drop items in the order you desire.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this!

Suphatra

17. Map Teams to Plans 1:1 and Channels to Buckets 1:1

The mapping of Teams to Groups to Plans in a 1:1 connection would make the most sense. However, having Buckets mapped to Channels could work as a nice filter for the Planner UI in Microsoft Teams.

Hope you are thinking about it!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Planner date localisation

Dates in the planner are localised with the US format MM/DD and now in the DD/MM format for us in the UK.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 26 27 28 30 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.