Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner Schedule View - Better Custom Visualization Enhancements

Feature request: Teams Planner Schedule/Calendar View

What would greatly help myself and my team would be if for each project the due date of the task timeframe were highlighted. It's a very helpful visual cue. All of the white blends together and it's difficult to easily discern and conceptualize your week, especially since our team does prefer the calendar view to the bucket view to help with visualizing task timeframes and overlap. I've attached a photo to show what that feature would look like. See how easy it is to quickly assess that Projects A, H, D through G are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow scaling for planner

currently - planner allows 3 buckets to be visible (or 4 if team menu hidden).
    It would be good to allow scaling of bucket width - to allow for more columns (eg kanban style - 5/(6 buckets - if task templates are used).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How can you keep the start date stable and not allow the person to change it?

How can you keep the start date stable and not allow the person to change it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ADDING A PLANNER TAB WHEN USING ANDROID TEAMS APP

As of today I can't add a planner tab using my android phone in TEAMS app. I should add it first using a PC for it to synchronize to my Android phone. Hope you can give TEAMS Android the capability to add Planner Tab and other extension apps. It will be very useful for us working on-site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CAN CREATE TO DO TASK WITH CUSTOM TEMPLATE

It would be useful, if we could dynamically customize a template on regular or specific task creation. Especially handle standard operation issue.

E.g.
    2 option for user to choose
    * Create new task
    * Create task with template

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Kanban Tree for sub tasks

Dear MS Teams,

Our team is using MS Teams Planner and we really like it! It really is working well so far.
    One thing that would be really great to have is the establishment of connection with Main Task and sub Tasks. We create main tasks based on our milestones, and we create sub tasks based on the main tasks. Sometimes on main task has several sub tasks that could be handled by many team members. So it would be really nice if we can see the tree of main task-sub tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. create planner task from email

Ability to create planner task and/or Task comment from an email.
    have an email link on the planner or bucket.
    Also have an email link in a planner task.

This will allow disconnected updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Group my personal tasks in buckets

We work with Scrum (ToDo - Doing - Done). Currently, you can only group your personal tasks by status. We want to group the tasks according to the buckets of the different planners.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner - Set default to "Due Date", not "Progress"

I would love it if you could set Planner's sorting to default to "Due Date" and not "Progress".

I never use the progress feature because it's pretty much useless for what we're doing, so I'm constantly having to change the sort to be relevant to me.

I feel like this could be an account setting with very little effort.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability for designated users to view all task cards assigned to specific users within a team

It would be very helpful if designated users (managers in our case) had the ability to view all task cards organized by who they're assigned to in one place. Ideally this would be in a format similar to how we view all tasks assigned to ourselves. This would be a huge benefit for project management helping to ensure tasks are getting completed timely and that no single employee has to much on their plate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase number of flags

I request to increase number of flags - up from 6 to.......?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manage "My Tasks" better in Planner. Only showing tasks where I have a pending item due.

Currently - the Planner App is a great tool that allows our business to organize tasks and projects in one place. We can assign portions of a task to certain individuals and have discussions in the "Comments" box for the task.

Right now, though, if I am assigned a certain item within an overall task, the entire task shows up in My Tasks on Planner.

It would be very helpful if the Planner allowed this function for the Owner of the task only, and allowed those with just smaller items in the Checklist to have the task be removed from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications when comments are made on a task

Currently, Planner only sends a notification to the assignees when there is a second comment posted to a task. No notification is sent when the first comment is made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner integration of team that belongs

I belong to several teams.I would like to integrate the planner of my team as a whole even if the task is not assigned to me. Now I can not see the full planner of my team. It is too uncomfortable to go into each team and see the planner. I would like to be able to see the integrated planner of the teams that belong to one team in the calendar by the set due date as if it were displayed in the form of board, chart, schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Poder imprimir las tareas del planificador

Hoy han desaparecido las tareas del planificador. Si se hubiera podido imprimir las tareas previamente se tendría una copia de las mismas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Attach Documents via drag & drop in Planner

To work sensfull with Planner in our Organisation it must be possible to attach easy Documents, Pics, mails or something else via drag and drop.

Currently its only possible to share a link or something out of a Sharepoint folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Several MS Planner plans join together into a master MS plan

It would be helpful if several MS Planner plans (one per channel) could be automatically aggregated into some kind of master MS Planner plan in the General channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. task within a task

It would be great to be able to assign individual tasks within a task. For example, if you have a group of people who must perform tasks in order for another task to be completed, you should be able to assign different elements of the task checklist to different people. This would also be useful if multiple people need to execute on the same task list activities for a commonly assigned task. Having task list specific start dates, due dates and end dates would also be great. Come to think of it, a completion (end) date isn't shown at the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Get a notification when a task in a plan is going to start soon.

Get a notification when a task in a plan is going to start soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.