Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need more Progress options

"On Hold" & "Waiting" would both be good options for the Progress drop-down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an "On hold / waiting for" option in the "Progress"-field for tasks.

Sometimes a task is started, but is to be set on hold for various reasons.
    Therefore, it's desirable to have an option to mark a task as such, in order to create better overview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to directly import MSProject tasks and dates into Planner as tasks

It would be nice to directly import tasks and start dates from MS Project directly into Planner as dates that can then be populated out and assigned to MS Teams members. This would leverage all of the prior work that went into creating a high level MSProject schedule at project start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner - export comments

For the Export Planner to Excel feature, please add the comments to the export.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RBAC for Planner Tasks.

Is this possible to have an RBAC based on the bucket, or assign a team at bucket level, or allow to modify the task only by the person who has been assigned for in this bucket? In case multiple people are assigned, only those including the creator should get access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow you to group by more than 1 field

We have started to use planner and its pretty good except it would be great if you could group by more than 1 field. For example I would like to group by Label (which I use for more granular status) and then bucket (which I use for the project/epic). That way the kanban board view would show me columns for status but then group the tasks by bucket and you could expand or collapse with a twistie.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please reintroduce the edit/delete on posts or comments. Very bad idea to remove that

Editing or deleting comments is a very essential feature or else the redundant posts or comments will increase till they are auto deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Personal view of planner - be able to add your own tasks, buckets and edit it

Like you can with a planner within a channel, I love the fact it puts all of your channel tasks into place to view, but would be great to also be able to add personal tasks to this that are not in a channel planner and to change the buckets etc.

Also to have a 'Team planner' that roles up everything from all of the channel planners within that Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can I request that there is a tab where all of your uncompleted assignments show in order of due date?

I am a school student and for me, one of the most painful things to do is have to go through every subject to find every assignment and see when it is due. It would be very convenient if there was a tab that had all of your assignments in order from closest to the due date to furthest so prioritizing can be made easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create the Epic/Task construct in Planner to better enable agile planning

I run multiple distributed agile teams via Teams. We use Planner to create agile walls to allow teams to manage their work. In agile we have the epic/task construct. Epics are large pieces of work that are delivered via tasks & stories. Being able to link tasks and stories to a parent epic would really help with our planning process. Jira does this really well but it's not currently available in Teams. This would be a knockout feature upgrade.

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Resource Management in Planner

Have the ability to manage your resources in Planner. In the Calendar view, it would be nice to see what resource is assign to each task so that you know who is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give the option to send a notification when you assign a task/card to someone within Planner

See post. I would really like the option to enable the sending of a notification when I assign a Planner card/task to someone, so they know it's in there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to tag people in comments on Tasks in planner. Also add the ability to tag people on subtasks in planner.

Add the ability to tag people in comments on Tasks in planner. Also add the ability to tag people on subtasks in planner. Right now it's only possible to tag people on the main task, but when we add subtasks we can't.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The assigned tasks on Planner does not show to which this task belong to on Teams

when I click on any of the assigned tasks on Teams that are presented on Planner. It does not show to which this task belong to on Teams. Which is make it hard to know, especially if the name of the tab's on Teams does not have a referral name of the Teams.

Therefore, I suggest that the name of the Teams is shown when I click on any assigned task on Planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. if the tab's name on Teams is changed, it is not reflected on Planner

if the tab's name on Teams is changed, it is not reflected on Planner. As a the tab has to be deleted and new one with the modified name has to be created, which required the user to re-enter all of the tasks again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When moving a Task in the Planner, have the dropdown list the Channel and Tab name.

When moving a Task in the Planner, have the dropdown list the Channel and Tab name.
    For each Channel, I have a tab labeled Tasks. When moving a task to a different channel, the dropdown just has Task with no way to know which Channel to select.
    I modified my Planner tab to have the Channel name followed by Tasks. However, this makes for a long tab name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Planner, add the ability to move sub-task to other items not just elevate them.

I have subtask that needs to move laterally to another task or move along with an elevated task. The only way to accomplish this is to cut and paste them individually. It would be nice to drag them to the desired task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Mobile- Planner

When a user uses his Teams Mobile app and goes to his Team-Channel they would like to see the Planner Tab they use on their desktop client\web inside Teams. Currently they are prompted when clicking on the Planner Tab from their mobile to open a browser session\download the Planner app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate with microsoft project/excel file built in the Group's Library

currently there is to do list built in the Group's library already but it is not in the integrated schedule view. I want to use the Team as my team's integrated "room" for our work base. If we can put the excel file/Microsoft project like built in, whenever we have the project we can do the tracker as well. I think that will be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would recommend spell check in Teams

All spell check ability in the planner for all aspects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base