Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "My Tasks" function for Planner tabs in Team, similar to how Planner works.

If I'm primarily using Teams, and I have many tasks spread across multiple channels, the only way to see all my tasks is to go to Planner. That is the only reason to go to Planner. It would be much more efficient if I could see my Teams-assigned Planner tasks directly in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desktop App requires login to app AND connections every time

When using the desktop app we are required to log in every time to Office 365 when the app loads AND when the Planner tab loads. We have O365 connected with SAML to our portal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A way to export planner

It would be nice to have a way to export a planner bucket. Maybe to something generic, like CSV? Or something easy to interpret?

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy Planner Items

I may have multiple buckets with similar items in them, and it would be easier to copy the items to another bucket, instead of copying text between them. Thanks.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Planner item description

It would be nice if the planner item description had some formatting options. I use this to add details with headers/bullet points/strikethrough etc. Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create Planner Task directly from Conversation Item

Many times while working with my Team in conversations, we create actionable items from our work together. It would be AMAZING if there was a small icon in the top right corner (next to the saved icon and the thumbs up perhaps) that would allow me to turn that conversation line directly into a planner task, linking the two together! Think about how much more productive we could be, plus, we cut down the step of having to copy and paste into planner itself.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

8. Allow access to browse teams during a call

While on a call (especially during screen sharing) with a team member, allow us to browse a channel or connection, keeping the call on the side.

Use case:

While doing a call with screen sharing, wanted to check the planner tasks on a channel. During this time, i now have to switch between the call and the channel/planner task. Would be great if we can still keep the call/screen sharing on the side as active.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tasks from conversations

Tasks for conversations to be added so any actions within conversations can be turned instantly into a task

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Using an existing planner in Teams, comments are invisible

When adding a planner to a tab on a team channel in the Teams desktop app, any given planner task will not display the bottom section allowing you to make comments to a task. Neither will the task window show any existing comment history from tasks made from the web platform.

This is a huge problem to planning - that action history on a given task, is invisible.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Just Makes Teams The Default for Groups

I may be misunderstanding Teams, but I am wondering why this just isn't the Groups platform? It's the perfect setup for what Groups seemed to be when they first came out. A quick, easy, convenient place for collaboration with files, events/meetings, planner, and conversation. Just seems to "choppy" as "another place". Sharepoint/Team sites can be left separate in the case there is a need for that type of functionality. But, again,

I may be misunderstanding. Really like the interface and definitely see this replacing internal email all together. With the potential for email to become external communications mainly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a setting to Planner buckets that automatically organises tasks in order of due date

I have a bucket in a Planner tab that is populated with many tasks, and I have to keep manually dragging these into order of due date. This is because Teams places the task entries at the top of the bucket by default.

So a setting to automatically order all tasks within a particular bucket relating to a certain property would remove the need to manually reposition tasks as they are added. You could have them ordered in due date for example, which is what I am after, or alternatively in order of start date, label colour or progress.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ios and android feature parity? Still missing notes and planner on mobile.

Is there any list which features are not available for mobile?

Still missing Notes and Planner

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we please have notifications for things like adding planner tasks that are assigned to a specific person?

Add a desktop alert or email or both for Tasks added in Planner or other apps that would require letting someone know they have something to do.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My Tasks view

in Planner (tasks.microsoft.com) there is a "My Tasks" button that shows everything assigned and its current progress status.

Can this be built in to teams?

As i am working on multiple projects it would be good to see what needs doing without having to look through 20 tabs

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Planner activities assigning by multiple members

It will be amazing if you guys include multiple assignees in activities on Planner.
    It will also be a good improvement if you add the option of including external members for colaboration.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

19. Planner checklist, description, Attachment

It would be nice if we could see checklist, description and attachment details at the same time on the task card.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please integrated MS Tasks (Planner) in Office 365 fully in Teams

Please integrated MS Tasks (Planner) in Office 365 fully in Teams so I can reuse Plans in Teams and pin them to different teams.

Currently I am only able to create new plans which is ok but not great

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.