Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sepearate finished tasks weekly or by each person

It would be nice if you could separate the finished tasks like this:

• see or search the person who has been involved in the finished task/ the finished Project, instead of seeing everyones finished tasks in each bucket.

• see the finished tasks/ the finished Projects week by week or month by month. Now we see all finished tasks from when we started using Planner, which is kind of messy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner is a great addition, but need it to be a little faster. After you get several entries made it slows down on loading.

Planner is a great addition, but need it to be a little faster. After you get several entries made it slows down on loading.

Also, being able to change the label names would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cluttered

Can we please make this less cluttered? Put the "+" (adding of new task) at the bottom of the list like Trello - much simpler view.

Remove requirement to add date and assign on each new task. Trello has the best option to just type and press enter - very neat.

Also, pressing the 'expand tab' icon shouldn't take away the top row of tabs. If you need to work across different planners, it's annoying to have to minimise and re-expand the tab again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner task notification go only to assigned to and task manager

Notifications and updates should only go to the assigned persons and the task creator/owner

This includes updates to task status.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. team names to own planner tasks

When i navigate to my own tasklist in TEAMS planner, the tasks do not tell, from which teams the tasks are from. Our teams are individual projects and planners are named similiarly.

It would be immense help to show team name in individual tasks.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. améliorer le planner

Il est possible de saisir de nombreuses tâches dans de nombreux compartiments. C'est dommage de ne pas pouvoir choisir l'échelle de consultation des tâches , avec une vue qui parallèlise les compartiments seuls ou toutes les tâches (filtre) sur le mois, le trimestre ou l'année.
    avec également un plus grand nombre d'étiquettes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Planner's "My Tasks" view will not publish to Outlook Calendar

Publishing specific Planner "Plans" to outlook is functioning. However, When I am in "My Tasks" and go to publish to outlook calendar, it does not publish.

I am looking for this functionality so I can publish and sync my employee's tasks to a single calendar location to view and manage work load for a single person across several plans/teams

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

Please, include Gantt Charts to be used on Planner (Project Management)

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. it would be great to have a shared calendar option

a calendar where anyone on the team can add a shared event that is visible for everyone in the team

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. it would be great to have a shared calendar option

a calendar where anyone on the team can add a shared event that is visible for everyone in the team

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Invalid URL due to comma

When trying to add a Link as an attachment on a Task within the Planner tool, I cannot add a URL containing commas (,) as they are marked as invalid. There is no reason a comma should make a URL invalid.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Planner: when you copy task you don't copy all content: you loose people asigned to the task.

Enable functionality to copy people assigned too.
    p.s. all credits go to Ka Ling for this idea. If financial award then I'm taking 51% for the effort to make this post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Teams chat it would be great if you could make a card for a kanban board in planner directly from a chat message!

If I get a chat from a customer with a task described . "Can you do …" it would be great if I could make a Kanban card in planner with the chat message as content. Even greater if the chat would be attached to the planner discussion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include Task in subject of "You've been assigned a task!" email

Please teach me if there is a way to include the Task in subject of "You've been assigned a task!" email.
    Currently the email subject announces the task only. The task name is only in the body of the email. Please put the task name in the subject.
    Some team members like Outlook (think diversity and inclusion :-) ). They use it as a universal inbox / todo (even though could use many other tools like teams, slack, trello, etc). So they like to flag the to-do items. Not very helpful to have a bunch of messages all with same…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner Hub creating a new task with a script

In Planner Hub individual tasks should be able to be created by script. This would make it possible to automatically create a larger number of recurring and new tasks due to an external event. An intensive work in Planner is very tedious, because apart from the team members practically nothing can be preselected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability cluster closed buckets together into one larger bucket allowing the retention of closed buckets and retain history

Add the ability to cluster buckets together into one larger bucket. This will allow for historical past tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You should be able to edit or delete comments in the tiles, as unable to with the current platform.

Why can't we edit or delete comments that are made inside the tiles? We should be able to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add attachment from third party storage.

Since I added dropbox to the team, I expected to be able to link attachments from there, but I can still only link from sharepoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should be able to @message team members in the comments of a Planner task.

It's important that we be able to mention someone in the comments of a Planner task. How else to have dialogue in the context of the task?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base