Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner status report on task

Need to provide a weekly status report on Planner tasks. This is going to people that will never, ever actually look at the Teams planner / project. the report needs to list all of the tasks with key details. An second report would show the full details on each task (eg page per task). Reports exported to PDF.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replying to a Planner e-mail notification

When I receive an e-mail notification for a Planner task comment and Reply All, the comment is added to the task but the entire Team receives an e-mail. I would like to reply to the e-mail and have updates to the task comments without a notification to the entire Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy Planner Task and retain Comments

When copying a task, the comment thread is not a field option. When I rename a task, the old task name is retained in the e-mail notifications so I have to copy the task and rename to fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reassign Task Owner/Creator

The task owner receives notification along with the personnel assigned to a task. If team members create their own tasks, I want the ability to reassign the task owner to whoever is administrating the planner project. I can get around this by assigning them to the task but then it skews My Tasks assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "Create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams

Add a "create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams. For a post, when you click on the ellipsis and "More actions", the Planner "create task" action opens a card with the content of the post as the task description. The card lets you add a few other details for the task and if you save, would reply to the post with a link to the task just created.

The card should be kept simple. Focus is on quickly capture the content of a post into a task and make it visible that a task has been created. The details…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Création d'une tâche périodique via planner / Create a periodic task in planner

Ajouter à Planner dans Teams une possibilité de créer une tache récurrente comme dans Outlook.

Add to Planner in Teams an option to create a recurring task like in Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Création d'une tâche périodique via planner / Create a periodic task in planner

Ajouter à Planner dans Teams une possibilité de créer une tache récurrente comme dans Outlook.

Add to Planner in Teams an option to create a recurring task like in Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. @ in Planner Task Checklist & Comments fields

Ability to @ people in a Planner Task Checklist and Comments fields, with notification as setup in Planner settings. Would also be nice to have "Mention" filter to view these items (vs. Assignment)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-generated ID for Planner Tasks

Would like option to have Planner tasks get an auto-generated ID (number).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want a shortcut to planner in the left pane, under activities, chat etc.

I want to access planner straight in the left pane. Now you can open it by clicking the three dots but I want it permanently just like the calendar icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Planner, we're often being asked to provide a % of progress done. Other task systems provide

We use planner to keep track of tasks, but unlike other tasks management software, we can't provide update on % done of a task.

We need to provide an update as to if we've done 20%, 50% or 90 % for instance.

Could a % progress indicator be added to Planner also, so that if status is progress that you can also specify the % done so far?

thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. tasks

An overview of tasks assigned to you across all channels and teams. Like a personal Planner that's populated by every tasks assigned to you from elsewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Start Date & Due Date for Checklist.

We are using Planner for our project, and using each task as an activity, and using Checklist for sub-tasks. So, great if there are fields there for Start Date and End Date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More than one Bucket Name per task.

When assigning a task to a Bucket Name, it would be nice to be able to put he task into two different buckets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Schuifbalken

De schuifbalken in de planner op de mobiele app zijn te klein om te gebruiken met de dikke vingers. Of er moet een punch zoom functie worden ingebracht.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit Display Settings of Planner

When I am on my laptop I would like to adjust the display settings in planner so I can see more buckets at the same time.
    If I could adjust the width of the bucket display or nominate how many buckets I could view at the same time then that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assign feature should encompass multiple roles

I think there should be multiple roles for those assigned to a task - at least as the assignor/assigned. I am in a role where I assign a task to someone, but ultimately I am responsible for going back and reviewing the task I have assigned.

Currently, there isn't a way for me to go back and see the tasks I have assigned to others, you can only see what tasks you have been assigned. Adding multiple assignment roles would allow those assigned to different roles to all see the same task, even if they aren't necessarily the one performing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Decide which page shows up first when you click on a team

I would like to be able to set the planner as the first page you see when you click on a team, rather than the posts page. We always go straight to our planner and never use the posts page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd lie to be able to categorise or group my teams and provide a personnal name for them

Some of my teams are ones that I am managing within my own department and will need to report on the activity - others are teams I am being ask to join. I would like to be able to group my teams but also be able to change the names that I see so I can quickly identify the relevance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base