Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. team names to own planner tasks

When i navigate to my own tasklist in TEAMS planner, the tasks do not tell, from which teams the tasks are from. Our teams are individual projects and planners are named similiarly.

It would be immense help to show team name in individual tasks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would like to ask if it would be possible within the Planner add on to set a specific time a date for tasks.

I work in emergency response and in some cases, the Incident management team are located in numerous countries. teams is an excellent way of sharing information and updating the current situation, but we would like to add the functionality of adding a specific due time for tasks set through the planner add on. This will allow tasks to be set and tracked on a very urgent basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner

When someone leaves a comment on a task within Planner, other's assigned to the task get a teams message and/or email to advise them a comment has been left. At present the only way to identify a comment is to fully open the task within the planner screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show which team/channel each plan came from

Right now when going through the planner tab in the Mac app or on the web, the full list of tasks assigned to me are there under My Tasks. However, there's no indication of which team or channel it came from, which can be annoying and troublesome, especially when it's someone else assigning the task to me.

A simple line under the plan name stating (and possibly linking to the original plan) the team and channel would instantly fix this problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner member permission

I need to controll the members permission to delete, or edit tasks, because when the manager assign a task to someone, this employee can delete the task or change the due date without any permission check.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creer plus de possibilité d'étiquettes dans planner avec changement de couleur possible

ajouter d'autres possibilités d'étiquettes avec possibilité de changer les couleurs des étiquettes . ajouter une possibilité de tri des étiquettes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When working in Planner, allow another window option so you can converse and see planner at the same time

We use planner for deployment of projects. Tasks are listed. Only problem is if you are in planner and then want to send a message in conversations tab, you literally have to exit planner, go to your conversations tab and then go back to planner. There should be a way that you can keep planner up and converse at the same time. Give option for planner to be in another 'window'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Planner supervisor and better calendar integration

First, there is a bug but it's only possible add planner calendar to outlook if you are owner of the plan itself, being member isn't enough.

Also, it would be awesome to create a supervisor role to see all the tasks in outlook calendar, because once you sync it with iCalendar thing you only see your assigned tasks, this way if you are team manager, you have to be assigned in every task.

But to polish it even more, planner tasks should go directly into calendar, it is obvious that you need it.

Thanks for this forum.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In planner summary (left sidebar tab) show the team the task belongs to

When you click on the planner side bar icon and see all of your tasks, it is not obviously which team the task belongs to. Please show the team name under the task name, and in the expanded view of the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assign a member to multiple/all tasks in a bucket

there should be an easy way to assign a person to multiple or all tasks in a bucket also being able to copy a bucket of tasks, Copying buckets should've been a 1.0 feature. I like the tool but I want it to be better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Planner

On planner-
    Link tasks together in a cascade/waterfall style so when one is completed the next becomes active and the allocated team members are notified.

Alternatively, allocate individual checklist items in a task to team members and have notifications when each is completed and can move on to the rest.
    If this is the way you go, ensure checklist functionality includes order tasks need completing and if some tasks can be done at same time (by different team members) and due dates for completion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To Do

Microsoft Teams should be integrated with Microsoft's To-Do (todo.microsoft.com) which should then in turn be brought into the calendar functionality.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To Support planning strategy, please add Tasks Recurrency functionality / Periodicity as it is in outlook for meetings - Thank

To Support planning strategy and operations execution, please add Tasks Recurrency functionality / Periodicity as it is in outlook for meetings - Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. subtasks in the planner app

Being able to create subtasks with separate due dates, assignees, etc. within a task would be helpful to manage internal deadlines. Or to be able to add due dates and assignees to checklist items within a task. Otherwise, with everything as independent tasks, buckets easily become cumbersome and unwieldy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner Schedule View - Better Custom Visualization Enhancements

Feature request: Teams Planner Schedule/Calendar View

What would greatly help myself and my team would be if for each project the due date of the task timeframe were highlighted. It's a very helpful visual cue. All of the white blends together and it's difficult to easily discern and conceptualize your week, especially since our team does prefer the calendar view to the bucket view to help with visualizing task timeframes and overlap. I've attached a photo to show what that feature would look like. See how easy it is to quickly assess that Projects A, H, D through G are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow scaling for planner

currently - planner allows 3 buckets to be visible (or 4 if team menu hidden).
    It would be good to allow scaling of bucket width - to allow for more columns (eg kanban style - 5/(6 buckets - if task templates are used).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How can you keep the start date stable and not allow the person to change it?

How can you keep the start date stable and not allow the person to change it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ADDING A PLANNER TAB WHEN USING ANDROID TEAMS APP

As of today I can't add a planner tab using my android phone in TEAMS app. I should add it first using a PC for it to synchronize to my Android phone. Hope you can give TEAMS Android the capability to add Planner Tab and other extension apps. It will be very useful for us working on-site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.