Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner: sort "assigned to me" by source

The "assigned to me" tasks are sortable by title, priority and due date, but not by source even though the column is available. The browser version of Planner is groupable by plan, but not the Teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Planner Analytics

In Planner, in analytics, could the graphs link directly to the grouped tasks so you can easily see that group, e.g. All the incomplete, or in progress etc. This would be useful when sharing the information with a wider group in regular meetings etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dependency Text box within in planner

Tasks getting added into the planner will have dependencies to other tasks. It will be better to have a dependency box preferably hyper linked to the dependent task

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give managers the ability to look at all there direct reports tasks in MS Planner

Give managers the ability to look at all their direct reports tasks in MS Planner.

Is there a good add-on that can help with this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Member rights in Planner

Is possible to manage of acces rights in the Planner/Teams - If I assign some task in the Panner to responsible person, then the member(may be responsible person) is able to delete this task.
    We have different departments and during the production are many different situation (is not possible to use plan where assigned person can delete its tasks)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planner card owner

As a user, I would like to indicate who is the owner of a specific card (work item) and differentiate that person from other people helping me finish (testers, for instance). I do not always want to hand off a work item to the next person, since I'll be picking it up as soon as the tester is done and I need to keep track of whether my tests are done in time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be great if there was the opportunity to apply a different default setting instead of the bucket layout in Planner (i.e. Labels)

Would be great if there was the opportunity to apply a different default setting instead of the bucket layout in Planner (i.e. Labels)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Combine tasks in external company planner to personal.

When invited as an external guest to a team, you should be able to add a planner tab to this team to track any tasks assigned. You should also be able to link these tasks assigned in a external companies teams, to your own personal planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to set a user specific default view in planner integrations that persists

Provide the ability for a user to set their preferred view in planner, group by, filters, etc. and have it persist every time they view that channels planner. Or with the option of setting it as a personal default view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Formatting of task descriptions

The description field of tasks in Planner should allow to format text (bullet points, underline, bold etc.).

This could be implemented in the same way as editing rich text in Teams chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Starting day of Calendar week

Is it already possible or will it be possible to change weekly your start date of your calendar eg. Sunday to Sat or Mon to Sun etc.

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. planner

in the Planner in the charts section, when looking at each members workload it would be great if it would automatically sort for members who do have tasks. As we have 12 different channels with 12 different planners for each department there are 100s of names to scroll through to get to the names that actually count in a given planner (those who are actually assigned something), so automatically all members who are assigned tasks should be at the top.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Group Calendar is not visible in Teems

hi, I am part of one of the group calendar, but the group calendar is not visible in the teems calendar . can you please look into that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Only show team members which have Planner tasks in Charts

Only show team members which have Planner tasks in Charts. It currently also shows Team members which have zero tasks making it difficult to reference in large teams

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/planner-charts-show-tasks-per-team-member-only-when-the-member/m-p/1291408

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Planner App in Teams - color code entries

Similar to another post, but more specifically Planner allows user to add a color tab (label), but that doesn't show up once you close the event. It should change the color of the text, or have highlighted (colored) stripe over the text, so that users know what tab/label that event relates to without opening it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include a possibility to delete a individually created task list in my tasks - they can be added but I don't see that they can be deleted.

Include a possibility to delete a individually created task list in my tasks - they can be added but I don't see that they can be deleted.
    I support the ideas of changing the order of the lists and having an undo button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create stacks feature in planner, to "stack" buckets in groups for a more intuitive and better organized card view of buckets in planner.

The card view in planner is a powerful tool, but the horizontal-only layout of the buckets extends far out and becomes hard to manage with a large number of buckets.

With "stacks", you can group a bunch of buckets together and still have the vertical list of tasks, but be able to collapse a "stack" and open a different "stack", or open multiple "stacks" at once to get a project overview. Each bucket will still be scrollable, as would the entire window of stacks.

This would give project managers a much more comprehensive overview of a project and make navigation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base