Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow only assigned team member or task owner to complete tasks

It's too common for less attentive team members to complete a task that another member was assigned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE allow us to move a planner from one team/channel to another

PLEASE allow us to move a planner from one team/channel to another

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Start Date & Due Date for Checklist.

We are using Planner for our project, and using each task as an activity, and using Checklist for sub-tasks. So, great if there are fields there for Start Date and End Date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add option to download attachment in MS Teams Planner

We need the ability to download a file attachment when we use planner inside MS Teams. Currently you have to view the file online, and then download it. See attached image:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In a team there are many individual tasks. But there is no task mgm system in Teams which limit the use of it very much.

In a team there are many individual tasks. But there is no task mgm system in Teams which limit the use of it very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Export all Planner tasks from a channel (or TEAM) to excel

Purpose - staff can export 1 file & send to managers for reports and updates on projects etc

Currently we are using TEAM's and keeping a separate spreadsheet that has all the same information, however the spreadsheet can be viewed on the whole.
    If we could simply export an entire channels tasks to show progress for each area of the company that would be ideal! - Having the ability to export using TEAMS app and not just Planner online would be very handy also.
    These MS systems are great, but if we cannot produce large reports while using them it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignment estimated time and student workload plan

A great solution would be if in Assignment the teacher could add the estimated time of solving and the time he spent on composing the task.
    Similarly, the student should write down how much time he or she has spent completing the task.
    This data would then be collected in a Sharepoint list and displayed with PowerBI or in Insights.In our school we are most interested in the weekly / daily workload of students all toogether and by diferent subjects.
    Of course, it would be great if you could also read the data from all the Assignment drafts and plan…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Planning tool for teachers

I've only just started using the software, so I don't know if I've just missed it!

It would be great to have an app that replaces my weekly lesson planner, where you can input your weekly timetable once and have it repeated each week. Then, you could select a lesson on any given week and type/upload alesson plan and add any resources required for that lesson so it's all in one place.

This would make it really easy to plan lessons as well as link other teachers to your lesson slot on the timetable to share resources and plans for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow ordering of groups to be done in different ways - chronological or alphabetical

Filtering by due date is not always useful.
    I would like to see all tasks listed in order - a chose between chronological/alphabetical, regardless of which group is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Task Dashboards

Planner is great to organize projects and assigning tasks to users.
    However if you have multiple planners going on, it's incredibly hard to know what tasks have been assigned to you unless you go to the particular planner.

It would be great if in Teams, you could overview all tasks assigned to you at a glance. Clicking on each task would open that task's particular details without jumping into the planner, in order to maximize productivity and review outstanding tasks to be worked on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. be able to see all meetings (set up on microsoft outlook) in one place

within skype, on the top ribbon there is a meeting to see meetings set up on outlook (both skype call meetings and other meetings/appointments). this allows a quick glance at upcoming meetings which allows management of time at a quick glance.
    I can't clearly see an equivalent on Microsoft teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to export all of the checklists related to task into Excel so you can create burndown charts.

If you need to export into excel, you should be able to export the checklist items in a task as that shows stakeholders how much of a particular item is complete.

If you could export this into excel at this level, then you could create burn down charts (used as a measure in Scrum) and manage the expectation of stakeholders when delivering a project.

By doing this it would be possible to allow the Planner tool to do the work when asking product owners to prioritise the next items to be delivered in a project without having to replicate work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Esclation process on planner

Is there a way I can escalate to manager if the task is showing 'not completed by due date, in planner?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a way to see all assignments

Place where we can see what we have and when its due

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow direct file attachment to Planner Tasks in TEAMS

Provide ability to attach a document to a Planner Task from your Desktop (like you can do in a SP task).  Today, you have to upload the document into Teams first, then open your Planner Task and then attach by referencing the previously uploaded document.

710 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Email notification sent to everyone assigned to a Planner task when someone comments on that task

If someone comments on a Planner task everyone assigned to that same task should receive an email notification advising of the comment.

People are commenting on tasks I am assigned to and I am not aware of such comments until I go into each task and see them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back Activity page for Planner (tasks from all teams could be seen)

I am so sad to see that all the activity for planner has been moved to the Activity Feed. I loved seeing the calendar and seeing what tasks I have in progress and what is done across all of my Teams. The views gave me a lot of information about my tasks. I want this feature back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "View by Bucket" into the Planner view in MS Teams

The user interface of Planner is different in Teams. For one thing the "View by Bucket" option is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. TEAMS Planner should have the option for Recurrent Tasks

TEAMS Planner app should have the ability to create recurring tasks to the same degree that exists for meetings in outlook. One of our managers mentioned that some tasks are repetitive for our department, requiring the same resources, and he doesn't want to have to create or copy 100 instances. As a Finance/Accounting department this would be great for monthly close. Additionally the option to then update either the singular task or the series would be beneficial to changes in resources or due dates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base