Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Info and Export Data

• Looking for the ability to have both a due date and a completed data for comparison of accomplishing tasks.

• Also looking for the ability to edit the type of info displayed on the tasks, similar to what outlook task has the capability of doing in View Settings; being able to include/not dates, assigned by, assigned to, department numbers, ect

• I have to give a report monthly and would like to see Teams have the capability to easily export data from planner to excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For Planner app in Teams app, add the "Bucket" of the task to the Task tiles in My Task view.

For Planner app, add the "Bucket" of the task to the Task tiles in My Task view. You can currently see the "Bucket" name on the task tiles in the TEAMS Planner app, but cannot see that in the Planner app when looking at My Tasks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. todo

Can the planner tasks and the assignments (education Teams) be vissible in the TODO app?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Planner, ensure different people with the same initials aren't recorded as the same colour code

When two people working in Planner with the same first and surname initials are assigned a coloured profile circle (if a profile picture isn't uploaded), this circle appears the same colour.

e.g. my leader and I both have the same initials (KL) and our profile circles are both the same colour (blue). This is confusing at high-level glance, as it makes us look like we're assigned to each other's work, and/or makes it look like we've been assigned a mass amount of tasks that we haven't.

It would be easier if the colour of people's profile circles was allocated based…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Manager View / View All Team Tasks

Currently, when I open Planner within the Teams desktop app, I only have the option to see my tasks. I have direct reports whose tasks I need to monitor. So I need to open the Planner web app separately, just so I can see unassigned tasks within plans that aren't mine or to see tasks assigned to other people. That's kind of a silly oversight.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better visual contrast in MS Planner

The visibility in MS Planner is bad. The individual items are indistinguishable from the background. Text is thin and difficult to read.
    Other applications are perfectly fine, so it's not my settings.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unique ID for each Planner task

In order to share or search a specific task please make a unique id available for copy from a task. Directing a user to a task Comment such as with saying "that task I sent you just now" isn't exactly optimal. I'll call it out now that folks will be using Planner as a ticketing system. I do.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign or categorise multiple tasks in one action

Make it easy to mass assign (or label) tasks in a single action. If I have 100 tasks and all need to be assigned to one person who will then re-distribute them, and 50 should be under a single label such as 'Red' or 'Sprint 1' and the other 50 as another e.g. 'Amber' or 'Sprint 2', currently all of them need to be indivually updated manually.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add percentage options to progress (IE: 25%, 50%, 75%)

I would like to see a task status in more than not started / in progress / completed. Can we add percentage to the drop down?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Not user friendly

Take notes from Monday.com. Their system is so customizable and user friendly, while also having an actual list graphic for an action item list. I am shocked that I can't export an actual list to excel, one a Microsoft program, while on Monday.com I am able to do so. Upgrade user interaction interface please!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all planner assigned tasks in Outlook To-Do List

I would like to see all tasks assigned in all plans to me in the outlook To-Do List. This way people would also be able to set reminders to start working on tasks with set start/due dates... also outlook would become a sort of dashboard with all you have to do again....

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner notifications in outlook should include the relevant Team Name

Planner notifications received in Outlook should include the relevant Team Name, and more details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assigning people to tasks in planner

Why is it not possible to assign more than 11 People to a task in Planner?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to print Planner tabs in Teams

The ability to print/export the full details of a Planner tab is very needed. it makes it difficult to flow with others when the only access to the tab is live in the app.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to distinguish visually tasks

When you have a list of buckets and a list of tasks in each bucket, if you have some tasks assigned to someone mixed with some tasks that are unassigned, it is pretty hard to visually see which tasks are assigned or not, and seperate visually the tasks.
    It is hard to see if the title of the task belongs to the above or below line.
    A visual seperator would make life so much easier. Or add some kind of themes for the user to select.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner Card Background Label Color

Right now the labels are a small little color dot on the side of a card, Trello has something similar.

I would like to see labels that adjust the entire background color of the task card, that would make it MUCH easier to visualize the labels/categories at a glance (much like Outlook calendar could do).

I think that would definitely be a leg up on Trello.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tasks from conversations

Tasks for conversations to be added so any actions within conversations can be turned instantly into a task

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base