Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a log of deleted and changed tasks in Planner

The Teams Log must be accessed only by the Owner and this must be in a different tab, not in the Conversation tab. Because the data generate a lot of information that is not relevant to everyone. And i need the data of deleted and changed tasks in Planner, and improvements to manager permissions of users to add, change or delete tasks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner chart for my tasks

The channel planner has a great feature showing charts and schedule. But I can't find those options anywhere else in any other planner.

If I go to my personal planner I don't see it.

It would be great to have a chart and a schedule of all of MY items.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Planner view at Team level - not just a Planner per Channel

Finding it frustrating to have individual planners for each channel. I want to see all planner items for the complete team.
    Please consider having a Team level planner and having a per channel filter on this; or a means of automatically aggregating channel level planners at the Team level.

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow longer checklists with Planner (current maximum is 20 items)

Current Planner checklists allow up to 20 items per checklist. I often need to list more than 20 items and then track their completion, but it's not possible with this tool. I am trying to migrate from Trello to this tool, but this is a downside when comparing the two.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically assign a priority to multiple tasks in Planner

I am trying to assign a priority (for example, "Important") to all the tasks due within a date range, and another priority (for example, "Medium"), due within another date range. To my knowledge, the only way to do this is to change priorities manually. It would be great to be able to automate this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

1,829 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

7. Planner Charts- Have a graph showing how many tasks were assigned by person in the team

More chart options such as the one stated above. Also the ability to move charts around to put more relevant charts to that channel near the top

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Planner task notification go only to assigned to and task manager

Notifications and updates should only go to the assigned persons and the task creator/owner

This includes updates to task status.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to customize planner tabs

We should be able to have sub tasks under the main task and assign them to our team. We have multi-step projects that sometimes have various steps within those steps. The only way to do this now is create a to do list on the main to do but it won't allow you to assign to anyone. Also, on the options for views, we should be able to customize the view so that we can focus on what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner Schedule View - Better Custom Visualization Enhancements

Feature request: Teams Planner Schedule/Calendar View

What would greatly help myself and my team would be if for each project the due date of the task timeframe were highlighted. It's a very helpful visual cue. All of the white blends together and it's difficult to easily discern and conceptualize your week, especially since our team does prefer the calendar view to the bucket view to help with visualizing task timeframes and overlap. I've attached a photo to show what that feature would look like. See how easy it is to quickly assess that Projects A, H, D through G are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow scaling for planner

currently - planner allows 3 buckets to be visible (or 4 if team menu hidden).
    It would be good to allow scaling of bucket width - to allow for more columns (eg kanban style - 5/(6 buckets - if task templates are used).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams Should give option to add more labels and Colors

Microsoft Teams not giving the option to add new Lables, to change the color. It makes user handicap. Please update in next update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add voting to Planner

In order to help us migrate from Trello to Planner/Teams, please could you add the option to vote for tasks in Planner.

We use planner to capture design issues for discussion, for example, and we'd like to be allow people to vote for certain items

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enabling the Planner app for select folders

I'd like to be able to add the Planner app to select folders within our overall TEAMS site, with the ability to restrict access and visibility to just those users in the select folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. it would be great to have a shared calendar option

a calendar where anyone on the team can add a shared event that is visible for everyone in the team

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to assign re-occurrence of a task at any frequency

allow for re-occurrence of an assigned task (i.e. this task needs done weekly, quarterly, yearly, etc). And if a task is missed or not done in the assigned time there is a way to designate that in the analytics.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner

On planner-
    Link tasks together in a cascade/waterfall style so when one is completed the next becomes active and the allocated team members are notified.

Alternatively, allocate individual checklist items in a task to team members and have notifications when each is completed and can move on to the rest.
    If this is the way you go, ensure checklist functionality includes order tasks need completing and if some tasks can be done at same time (by different team members) and due dates for completion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link files in the planer to your folder in teams (instead of sharepoint-link for internetbrowser)

At the Moment if you want to link a file to a Task, the file itself Needs to be in a Folder.

If you click on that linked document it doesnt open in the program Teams, instead it opens in your browser.
    Please make it open in Teams!
    Another idead is the Option to directly upload the file there, instead of uploading it first and then link it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integration with RMM Platforms.

using the Planner integration of teams to connect with somthing like NinjaRMM?
    Where you say define a Planner object in NinjaRMM then it is created in PLanner with details about the Device, and Organization it was created for.
    When creating the planner object you can choose what "Team/Organization" it should be filed under.

Basically this would create a "Poor-man's Ticketing System"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Creating to do items for multiple team members

When creating to do items (e.g. task) they can be assigned to multiple team members but not every team member can confirm their task is done without closing the entire to do item. It should be possible that individual team members confirm the task is completed and once all have confirmed the to do item can (automatically) be closed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base