Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add due date for sub-tasks

It would be helpful if due dates were added to sub-tasks.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

469 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gives Plans & Tasks a Resource Duration time

Gives Plans & Tasks a Resource Duration time

Provide the option to assign a duration time per plan & tasks, the tasks duration will consume the plan total resource, provide reports & static's, allow for an overrun

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to continue to see completed tasks on the schedule but have them either stuck through our maybe grey in color.

I would like to continue to see completed tasks on the schedule but have them either struck through our maybe grey in color. In addition, have completed tasks show up on the charts page so that each team member displays the total number of tasks completed, in progress, and late.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. planner icons

Currently the icons in Planner tabs do not use the associated Skype for Business pictures and instead show the generic system initials. It would be ideal for this to scrape the same data that Teams is using to pull in the Skype picture as it becomes tedious to hover over each icon with the same initials to figure out who is assigned a specific task. I do not see an existing ask for this when searching here for planner.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1. Attachment pictures (multiple by OneDrive) and local machine. 2. Outlook integration. 3. Fullscreen.

1. Allow for selecting multiple pictures while attaching from OneDrive. Allow for upload directly from local machine.

2. Outlook integration - attach a mail to a task (Planner)

3. Fullscreen dosen't work - see attachment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Weightings (time,points, percentage etc.) against tasks in Microsoft Planner

Hello Team, It would be great to have weightings (time, percentage, points and etc.) against tasks in Microsoft Planner, which also be reflected in Charts section.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Default Home Menu for Users (opposed to filtering)

Have your own custom home page in planner that shows everything on your board without having to filter on your name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. planner

Looking for ability in Planner where a person can view the tasks assigned to other people in a Team like sort the tasks by Plan, Team member or by due date etc. will this feature is in the roadmap.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner: Allow chats on tasks in planner

Working on a planner task in Teams, I can post a comment. This comment is then sent by E-Mail to all team members and the Team's mailbox. No chat allowed on Tasks - only on the Channel. This is very much different to the logic applied in other channels in Teams.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default chennel filter for shared Teams planner

Planner integration with teh ability to discuss it in Teams is a great idea.

But it's frustrating that one needs to create as much planner as Channel if one don't want to mix task up.

It would make sens to have one master planner for a Team, so we can follow the overall work, and being able to set default filter in channel so as to foxus on task linked to the channel.
    > it could easilty be a default filtering set in each channel
    > or the ability to link a task to specific channelS.

up to you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner

I would like to be abel to have diffrent labels on diffrent buckets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can MS Planner be used track project hours…

So I’m a 365 user now, deep in Teams and have questions, one specifically in mind to ask.

Can MS Planner be used track project hours. I’m looking for a way to get information on assigned + completed tasks to help me compare a projects estimated cost against actual time spent.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reporting by task owner

Should be able to filter (by assigned to) and export reports to email showing unfished tasks. Often a PM needs to report to leadership who owes what deliverable. Especially when requesting assistance in driving responsiveness. I need to send emails to people NOT using Microsoft Teams and that should NOT be in the team. Just status to leadership showing what their direct reports owe to the project.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back the possibility to move Checkpoints in the List up and down

You already implementet that you could move the checkpoints on the checkpoint-list up and down. Please bring that back. I alwayse use the possibility to assaign a checkpoint to a team-member an changes who is next. In the updated Version this feature is not available anymore. Please bring that back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create Planner Task directly from Conversation Item

Many times while working with my Team in conversations, we create actionable items from our work together. It would be AMAZING if there was a small icon in the top right corner (next to the saved icon and the thumbs up perhaps) that would allow me to turn that conversation line directly into a planner task, linking the two together! Think about how much more productive we could be, plus, we cut down the step of having to copy and paste into planner itself.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need to create a task from a conversation with right-click

There is a Planner tab in Microsoft Teams to make a task, but it would be better to have a feature that can create a task with right-click on the conversation to improve work efficiency. So, please implement this feature.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remind employee of existing task from Planner in Teams

It would be great if an Admin of a Team can remind users of a task. For example, if I am a manager, I might want to remind an employee of a task, so I should be able to select a button that will let me remind the user, and/or update them if I make any changes to the task.

This would be truly effective in order to ensure you can remind/update employees if necessary.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicate/move an existing bucket in plan

An option to duplicate an existing bucket in a plan & copy/move it to existing plan or any other plan

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)