Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner

There should be a way to add Planner to your main Hub on the left hand side instead of just having it as a Tab under a specific Team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner Colour Scheme

Hi,
    I've been using planner within Teams and my team have noticed that the display of tasks is very bland and all tasks look muddled up together. Is there a way to get a box around each one or even a shading that's not as discrete as it currently is. It would make it easier to view on a big screen if there was good separation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not limit number os tasks on each bucket - 20 is to low

Do not limit number os tasks on each bucket as 20. its is a small number

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. looking at using a planner for teams to manage work for the team, have assigned label for each engineer. would it possible for the label col

we are trying using a planner within teams to manage workload of team. have assigned a label to each engineer, is it be possible for the label colour to appear in the Schedule view of the planner to quickly identify assigned engineer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Planner Task Comments need notification updates

When someone updates a task, it would be nice to see a badge show up so we know something changed on the task. I just had someone put a comment in a task but I got no notification.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prov

Går att lägga till uppgifter men tycker även lärare borde kunna lägga till prov som ma ser under samma flik. Smidigare än att koppla till en Google kalender

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send email when a task is marked complete or due date changed

It would good to get a notification when a task is marked complete or Due date is changed. This notification can go to either whole team or owners only.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scroll bars are very difficult to see in Planner window

I need to scroll horizontally in a Planner window. It took several days for me to finally see there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen. Contrast needs to be better

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Availability to pinn "planner" or other sections to the quick access.

Availability to pin "planner" or other sections to the quick access.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy the link to a conversation thread into Planner

As a user of Ms-Teams and Planner, I want to refer in a planner task a Ms-eam conversation so that team members can follow the relevant conversation to the task in Ms-Teams.

However, I'm facing an annoying limitation when using the copy link functionality.
    The link is not only included in the copy, but there is also a comment added after with the below format
    "Name-of-the-link posted in name-of-team / name of channel at date time"
    The problem is that if you want for instance to paste the link in a Planner task, it comes with an error message.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need to create a task from a conversation with right-click

There is a Planner tab in Microsoft Teams to make a task, but it would be better to have a feature that can create a task with right-click on the conversation to improve work efficiency. So, please implement this feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add due date for sub-tasks

It would be helpful if due dates were added to sub-tasks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Template or Copying ability with Planner

I would like to create a template of tasks that can be used for multiple projects or have the ability to copy multiple tasks at once.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicate/move an existing bucket in plan

An option to duplicate an existing bucket in a plan & copy/move it to existing plan or any other plan

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tracking hours spent on tasks in planner

I am not able to capture the amount of time I spend everyday on a particular task. We usually break down the task to as small a possible and work on more than one task on any given day. It will help if we can capture the amount of time we spend on a given task on a daily basis.
    It will also help if we can plot the effort spent (individually and cumulatively). My intention is to have a scrum board for my team.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include options to move labels and tags based in priority

Currently the position of labels and tags is fixed in planner. There is no option in planner to say, display the last 2 labels first. Say I want to use red for critical and yellow for important and these 2 labels are in different places. Need one option to display them together and also maybe to just display the labels/tags that I want and not others.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move a chat message to Planner easily and view its status

Teams has a nice ability to retrieve an email address of a particular channel. It can be used to make a channel for support or feedback, but with the functionality we already have, the message can be easily lost. My idea is to add the following function:
    -in a new message, there appears a button "Add to Planner" (for example, under three dots button or right next to it), after you do it, a task in Planner appears instantly or after filling a short form;
    -after a user adds a new task into a Planner this way, in this message…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GIVE ME REOCCURRING TASKS!

Tasks the re-occur at certain intervals, Weekly, Monthly, Third Wednesday of the month - kind of thing.....

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple complete options should be available for a task

When you assign a task to multiple people there are two cases:
    1. The task should be completed by someone(s) from the assigned poeple. ( The assigned people may share the task, then eventually someone conduct the final step to complete the task)

1. The task should be done by all the peolple that are assigned to the task ( The task owner needs to make sure everyone should do the same task . for example.. Read team circular )

But the planner seems to support the first case. I think many people will find it interesting if the case 2…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More Info and Export Data

• Looking for the ability to have both a due date and a completed data for comparison of accomplishing tasks.

• Also looking for the ability to edit the type of info displayed on the tasks, similar to what outlook task has the capability of doing in View Settings; being able to include/not dates, assigned by, assigned to, department numbers, ect

• I have to give a report monthly and would like to see Teams have the capability to easily export data from planner to excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base