Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View by assignee in Teams Planner

The view of Planner, in Teams, can't be changed to be "By Assignee". I'd like that fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Planner

Give an option to show or not show on card people assigned to a task
    When all items are not shown on card, reduce size of box giving complete task and options buttons in one line. Also add quick view buttons for certain sections next to these buttons - this should pop out the information but not change the view permanently.
    Allow an option to visually distinguish items that I am assigned to, eg. icon/colour.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Effort measurement

The ability to record effort for each card

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. view

There should be more layout options for Team Planner. The current and only available view is barely usable as you can only see a handful of rows and columns. There should be choices in layouts to where it can look like MS Excel or Project so we I can customize to see all my tasks and projects (i.e. buckets). Even views similar to Windows Explorer (i.e. Details, content, list, tiles, etc..) would be a good start.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. planner

Sorting by prioritizing and subsorting e.g. per person and then prioritizing

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. more than 15 assignments per card

Add more than 11 assigned names to a planner card

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug or feature?

Planner sometimes doesn't update the description of a card after some user has changed the contents of said description. Maybe a "save" button or a pop up that tells you if it is applying the changes you made once you click out off the card would be in order. I know the Sync proccess isn't immediate, but with no way to tell if what I wrote will stay it's somewhat hard to convey important information about a task reliably to my colleagues.

If this is native to Microsoft Planner itself then I'd like to know if maybe their Support has…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

when we put our activities in the web plnner they do not appear in the app planner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a plan without a group

Creating a new plan in planner should NOT automatically create an entire new group with a sharepoint space, calendar, etc etc. Not every plan needs all these bells and whistles. There should be options to create a new group, add to existing group, or add to existing channel that is the child of a group.

Additionally, there should be a way to see an aggregated view of all planner tasks in subchannels of a parent group. We are using a Team to manage a program of projects with channels for the individual projects. Lack of this capability prevents having a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner

Be able to set specific dates to 'to do' items and/or priority levels and have some filtering options to more easily manage more complex plans/tasks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting feature from Planner is missing in Team application

Hi, I have installed Teams on my computer. I have added a sheet to get a link to planner (to an existing plan). Unfortunately, when I use Planner inside Teams window, I am not able to sort the tasks by people or status, as I can do in the Planner on-line application. It seems that this sorting feature was forgotten...
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Planner Tab Problem in Mac Application

It has been noted here that Planner tabs are forcing an additional login. I seem to be having this issue except instead of a login window popping, I am being redirected to the following URL, which does not load....{The Braces have been redacted of my personal username}

https://tasks.office.com/Home/MicrosoftTeamsSignIn?auth_upn={My username}&auth_pvr=OrgId&mkt=en-us

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Desktop App requires login to app AND connections every time

When using the desktop app we are required to log in every time to Office 365 when the app loads AND when the Planner tab loads. We have O365 connected with SAML to our portal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just Makes Teams The Default for Groups

I may be misunderstanding Teams, but I am wondering why this just isn't the Groups platform? It's the perfect setup for what Groups seemed to be when they first came out. A quick, easy, convenient place for collaboration with files, events/meetings, planner, and conversation. Just seems to "choppy" as "another place". Sharepoint/Team sites can be left separate in the case there is a need for that type of functionality. But, again,

I may be misunderstanding. Really like the interface and definitely see this replacing internal email all together. With the potential for email to become external communications mainly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

17. planner comments

When you add a comment in a task, if you use the "<" character, the comment will automatically end at that character. It's a huge bug.
    You just can not add a e-mail message, in example.

Please fix that or use a script to validate invalid entries.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 26 27 28 30 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.