Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a way to unblock the Planner bot if Blocked in error?

Cannot get the planner bot back to sending notifications in Activity Stream.

It appears to be disable for the user completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create planner task from email

Ability to create planner task and/or Task comment from an email.
    have an email link on the planner or bucket.
    Also have an email link in a planner task.

This will allow disconnected updates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Give substasks same options as task; and ability to see progress of task based on status of subtasks.

Allow sub-tasks to be managed in the same way as task. I've created a Kanban board using Planner. However, 1 task can have many sub-tasks that needs to be done by different people each with its own due dates. It would be so helpful to be able to see what subtasks are completed and the overall progress of the task. E.G. TASK A due in Dec can have 15 subtasks due at various times in the year. I'd like to assign each subtask to different persons, and see the s% completion of TASK A

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
    It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,542 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

5. Delegate Tasks in Planner like in Outlook Tasks

I like the ability in Outlook tasks to delegate a task to someone and get notified when there are comments, progress, or it gets completed. Can we do this for Planner tasks? Our workaround is assigning ourselves to the task we are delegating, but then it can become unclear who actually needs to do the work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

Assigned tasks in Planner by non owners should not have ability to change bucket, priority or due date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Creating to do items for multiple team members

When creating to do items (e.g. task) they can be assigned to multiple team members but not every team member can confirm their task is done without closing the entire to do item. It should be possible that individual team members confirm the task is completed and once all have confirmed the to do item can (automatically) be closed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Comments on Planner to have same functionality as Teams chats

I would like to be able to to have all my comms on a project happen via Planner instead of email, so that others can view the project and see all the decisions made / history on a project.

In order for this to be effective the "comments"" section on planner should have the same functionality as Teams chat, e.g. ability to add screenshots, proper formatting, link display etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right click a message in Chat and select a context menu to create a task in planner

In chat, I wish you could right click a message and see more options in the context menu. One of those options should be, create task in planner. This would effectively take that chat post and copy it into a planner task.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HEATMAP view in planner, see movements with an ID stamp

If an action is moved between buckets or in anyway altered by team members, admin should be able to see a timeline / heatmap of activities by choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select and copy multiple tasks to a bucket

Allow option to select multiple tasks that you want to copy into a new bucket. Currently, you have to do this one task at a time.

Or just add an option to copy the entire bucket and be able to select what task you want to copy in the new bucket.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. planner due date reminder

Just a simple reminder notification / push notification to mobile 1 week/day /hour before a task is due within planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Poder imprimir las tareas del planificador

Hoy han desaparecido las tareas del planificador. Si se hubiera podido imprimir las tareas previamente se tendría una copia de las mismas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. saved messages added to Microsoft To-Do

Need away to bring saved messages into Microsoft To-Do or even Planner. Currently I have to review these saved items daily. Perhaps Cortana can leverage them as well? To me, these are follow-up items. But there's no way to get them out of Teams and into a to-do manager - Perhaps flow could handle this?

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ticket reference to Planner tasks

Adding automatic reference numbers to Planner tasks would be very helpful to help manage and document projects

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner needs better work flow - copy buckets - Templates

We have started using Teams, and naturally Planner.
    But the whole planner / teams intergration seems a bit off. Like their not made for each other.
    The work delegating and tracking tasks for employees is time comsuming, so when i found planner i was i awe, untill i realized ALL Buckets had to be constructed for scratch for each team!
    As we have over 100 project a year, and around 6000 tasks, this process has to be more stream lined, and intergrated.!

The use of templates, that function independent of what TEAM it belongs to, would be great! And the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pin Planner tab to left panel in Teams

Right now, you have to click a drop down to access Planner on the left panel, and there's a lot of space to add icons. Give the option to pin Planner there for easier access.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow attachments and rtf to be captured when replying to comments in outlook

When a user replies to a planner comment sent to outlook, they will respond with images, attachments, numbered and bulleted lists. None of these are transferred over to the comment thread in planner. Basically transfer the email thread to planner as if it's in outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ctrl enter

When entering a comment in Planner, enable Ctrl+Enter keyboard shortcut to send.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exclude notification

need a feature to be able to exclude people from receiving some of the msgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.