Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the editng & delete options

Add the editng and deleting options.
    when i was upload my comments to my task, I can't edit and delete my comment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change back the label color

After the recent update, the colors of labels don't match the colors at the top when you sort the tasks by labels. These colors are by no means as easily distinguishable as the previous ones.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to arrange tasks in due date order

Ability to arrange tasks e.g. (1) chronological process tasks need to be done in; (2) in order of due dates; etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a repeating task option for planner in teams.

It is easy to add a task and assign to members of a team with the planner plugin but I don't see any way to make that task a recurring task such as a recurring meeting in outlook.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restored the permanently planner

i think Micrsosoft should create a recycle bin for storing the deleted planners in case that users delete planners accidently

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creer plus de possibilité d'étiquettes dans planner avec changement de couleur possible

ajouter d'autres possibilités d'étiquettes avec possibilité de changer les couleurs des étiquettes . ajouter une possibilité de tri des étiquettes

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Colors, Labels, Sorting, Boards, Schedules, ETC..

1. Have for label options (don't care about the exact color) just to add more labels if needed

2. Sort Labels in Alphabetical order or by Color (color wheel)

3. Schedule/Calendar View it would be great to have colors depending on the bucket it is in... OR

4. OR if you have multiple calendars for a specific channel then it would color code red for planner A and green for planner B and then you don't have to have multiple calendar views in one channel.

5. Boards allow users to see the notes and checklists instead of only having the option to view one or…
    11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create Planner during the meeting in onepage

1. in meeting, wiki or OneNote page, create a plug-in to generate planner in a draft bucket that can be easy to copy or move to other bucket.

2. create standard template for planner to quick edit and assignment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restricted filters in personal planner

In the planners of a specific team site, I can filter task by all criteria available. However, in my personal planner, I seem to be restricted to some very limited filter options. This means, I see all my personal tasks from all team sites, but I am not able to filter them, e.g. to only see tasks from a specific team site. Can this be altered?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link one Planner to Multiple Teams

I work with two completely different teams - engineering and business. However, I would like to review the same priorities board for both since it is much easier from a personal perspective to manage only one board instead of multiple. It would be great if once I create a planner, I could link it to multiple teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a Checklist from a Template

It would be very helpful if we could utilize the Planner's checklist options to recreate a recurring checklist from a template. I would like to be able to quickly add a checklist to a channel. We have a channel for each project, and it would be useful to recreate the same checklist of subtasks for each project and then fill them out as we go. We can copy tasks within the same Plan, but I want a way to have a template move from one channel's plan to another.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. @ in Planner Task Checklist & Comments fields

Ability to @ people in a Planner Task Checklist and Comments fields, with notification as setup in Planner settings. Would also be nice to have "Mention" filter to view these items (vs. Assignment)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide backup functionality for add-on features like Planner

Currently I export to Excel as a way to backup my data. Can we get a backup/save feature within Planner?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. task within a task

It would be great to be able to assign individual tasks within a task. For example, if you have a group of people who must perform tasks in order for another task to be completed, you should be able to assign different elements of the task checklist to different people. This would also be useful if multiple people need to execute on the same task list activities for a commonly assigned task. Having task list specific start dates, due dates and end dates would also be great. Come to think of it, a completion (end) date isn't shown at the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner.

Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner. Currently we can copy a task, but would love to be able to copy or duplicate a full bucket!

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add @mentions in planner tabs

@ mentions do not seem to work outside of the chat and channels. It would be useful to be able to tag someone directly in the Notes, Checklist and Comments of a planner card.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. planner

Our company uses planner a lot in teams via the integrate plan in tab feature. We love that. We miss two things:

• If I add a comment in a planner card, I cannnot adress somebody (of my team where planner board is integrated) by the @symbol. This would be helpful and this person should get a teams notification.

-

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Color choice in the task heading in Planner

It would be great to be able to set a color in the heading of a task in Planner to easier find the task you are looking for. E.g. each person or type of task could have its own color. This would give us the opportunity to categorize each plan/task like we do in the calender in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'd like to be able to post images in the Planner comments

We are trying to self-contain tasks to a single planner task so it'd be helpful if we could screenshot on our computer and then paste the image into planner's comments. Essentially we love the features of chat and would love to have those features inside the comment section of a task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When assigning a task to multiple people make it so that the task has to be completed by each individual assignee.

Currently if one of the multiple assignees completes the task, the entire task is completed and no longer shows as a task for the others. This defeats the purpose of this app. Creating a separate task, which is the same task, and assigning to each team member is very wasteful, painful, and will prevent your users from using your product. It's unacceptable.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base