Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connect Planner to the Calendar

It would be nice to use the planner functionalities but assign it to someone and it automatically connect to their calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a task for your To-Do or Planner from a chat/conversation in Teams

I would like to have the option to create a task for my To-Do from a chat or conversation in Teams. This way if I get an assignment trough Teams I can do an easy follow up. The same for a task in Planner.
    Now I have to make the task manually while chatting with a colleague, or they will still send me an email so I can flag it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tasks in schedule should be visually recognizable for belonging to specific labels/buckets.

Tasks in the schedule look all the same. At least they should be somewhat colored depending on their labels.
    In my opinion it would be great to easily tell which bucket every task belongs.
    The right column seems pointless, I expect to filter tasks selecting buckets/labels/progress, but it doesn't work this way, I think I'm missing the point of using it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner status report on task

Need to provide a weekly status report on Planner tasks. This is going to people that will never, ever actually look at the Teams planner / project. the report needs to list all of the tasks with key details. An second report would show the full details on each task (eg page per task). Reports exported to PDF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Colors, Labels, Sorting, Boards, Schedules, ETC..

1. Have for label options (don't care about the exact color) just to add more labels if needed

2. Sort Labels in Alphabetical order or by Color (color wheel)

3. Schedule/Calendar View it would be great to have colors depending on the bucket it is in... OR

4. OR if you have multiple calendars for a specific channel then it would color code red for planner A and green for planner B and then you don't have to have multiple calendar views in one channel.

5. Boards allow users to see the notes and checklists instead of only having the option to view one or…
    9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need Ability to add multiple existing Planner files to a single team.

We have multiple planner templates we use for different aspects of projects and would like to be able to import multiple plans to the same team. Currently you can import one from template and others need to be created manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. planner

Our company uses planner a lot in teams via the integrate plan in tab feature. We love that. We miss two things:

• If I add a comment in a planner card, I cannnot adress somebody (of my team where planner board is integrated) by the @symbol. This would be helpful and this person should get a teams notification.

-

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner.

Allow ability to copy the full "Bucket" of tasks in MS Planner. Currently we can copy a task, but would love to be able to copy or duplicate a full bucket!

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assignment estimated time and student workload plan

A great solution would be if in Assignment the teacher could add the estimated time of solving and the time he spent on composing the task.
    Similarly, the student should write down how much time he or she has spent completing the task.
    This data would then be collected in a Sharepoint list and displayed with PowerBI or in Insights.In our school we are most interested in the weekly / daily workload of students all toogether and by diferent subjects.
    Of course, it would be great if you could also read the data from all the Assignment drafts and plan…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When assigning a task to multiple people make it so that the task has to be completed by each individual assignee.

Currently if one of the multiple assignees completes the task, the entire task is completed and no longer shows as a task for the others. This defeats the purpose of this app. Creating a separate task, which is the same task, and assigning to each team member is very wasteful, painful, and will prevent your users from using your product. It's unacceptable.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Checklist items in Planner need due dates

Checklist items in Planner need due dates. Currently, we can only assign due dates to the whole task but there are many tasks within that need due dates or else it gets lost.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a Checklist from a Template

It would be very helpful if we could utilize the Planner's checklist options to recreate a recurring checklist from a template. I would like to be able to quickly add a checklist to a channel. We have a channel for each project, and it would be useful to recreate the same checklist of subtasks for each project and then fill them out as we go. We can copy tasks within the same Plan, but I want a way to have a template move from one channel's plan to another.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Attaching files to the planner

Attach a document to a task in the planner from your desktop without having to attach to Sharepoint first. Drag and drop would be nice. planner in the teams App

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link one Planner to Multiple Teams

I work with two completely different teams - engineering and business. However, I would like to review the same priorities board for both since it is much easier from a personal perspective to manage only one board instead of multiple. It would be great if once I create a planner, I could link it to multiple teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner - link to outlook calendar for tasks and deadlines

Would love to see my tasks/deadlines appear in my Outlook calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Printing option in wiki & planner tab

Please, add the printing option in the Wiki(or planner ...) Tab

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dependencies between Tasks

I want to be able to create dependencies between Tasks within & across Plans

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. task within a task

It would be great to be able to assign individual tasks within a task. For example, if you have a group of people who must perform tasks in order for another task to be completed, you should be able to assign different elements of the task checklist to different people. This would also be useful if multiple people need to execute on the same task list activities for a commonly assigned task. Having task list specific start dates, due dates and end dates would also be great. Come to think of it, a completion (end) date isn't shown at the…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add @mentions in planner tabs

@ mentions do not seem to work outside of the chat and channels. It would be useful to be able to tag someone directly in the Notes, Checklist and Comments of a planner card.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner board compact view

The planner boards are way to space consuming, which results in too much scrolling and limits good task oversight. Please add a compact view option, that reduces card size, as well as card spacing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base