Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show week number in Planner

It can be a great idea to see week number in Planner, as it is a base for scheduling today.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Starting day of Calendar week

Is it already possible or will it be possible to change weekly your start date of your calendar eg. Sunday to Sat or Mon to Sun etc.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To Do or Planner for private channels on MS Teams.

I can't insert Planner like a tab into a private channel, it will be cool for manage activities and tasks for a specific channel inside the group.

The alternative that i found was insert the To Do URL inside a tab like an website, that option is rudimentary, To Do should to be able to integrate with Teams in native way through an App.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a time feature to due dates in Planner

can we add a time to the due date in planner? some projects are time sensitive and need to be done by a certain time vs just any time during the day. it would also be nice to add an alert reminder

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. @mention in planner tasks with notification

It should be possible to mention specific people with @name in the comments of planner.

The respective should be notified accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Planner color-coding for Schedule View and Board

Add color-coding feature for Schedule View (not only red for overdue tasks)
    Enable color-coding for Buckets, changing whole card on Board for better visualization (not tiny square with color code as in current labels feature)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification for Completed Tasks

It would great if the creator of a task gets notified when the person it's assigned to completes it. I can't keep going back and forth and checking to see what's complete and ready for review, it would be very beneficial to my teams productivity to get a message or an email saying the task I assigned someone was completed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignments due

There should be a complete list of all your assignments in chronological order of due dates instead of all your assignments in each subject. It takes 5-10 seconds (depending on how slow your wifi/data is) to switch between subjects which can be a bit annoying at times. I would like to see all of my assignments for all of my subjects together.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bucket views colours

Change colours and backgrounds to customise views | We need to be able to colour code the whole bucket, not just labels. The bucket is great for quick reference but not being able to customise colours really limits its usefulness. Please allow each bucket to individually be colour coded for easy reference.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner board compact view

The planner boards are way to space consuming, which results in too much scrolling and limits good task oversight. Please add a compact view option, that reduces card size, as well as card spacing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy a 'master plan' from Planner to an MS Teams channel

I have created a 'master plan' with multiple buckets, tasks and checklists in Planner, which can be used to run the majority of our projects. However you don't seem to be able to copy this 'master plan' to a new Teams Channel when the channel is created. Having to recreate the exact same plan seems a bit of a nonsense or am I missing something?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a task for your To-Do or Planner from a chat/conversation in Teams

I would like to have the option to create a task for my To-Do from a chat or conversation in Teams. This way if I get an assignment trough Teams I can do an easy follow up. The same for a task in Planner.
    Now I have to make the task manually while chatting with a colleague, or they will still send me an email so I can flag it.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More options to use Power Automate (Flow) with Planner

I cannot believe how difficult it is to edit plans with Planner. Power Automate helps, but it can only update a very limited number of fields.

I am working with 200+ items in my plans and I would like to have the ability to make the following edits "en masse" (i.e., using Power Automate):
    1. Change Labels
    2. Delete tasks and buckets
    3. Add and edit steps
    4. Sort tasks and buckets

Power Automate is clunky, not very robust (very easy to run into errors in your scripts) and very slow. I believe there is plenty of room to improve…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create custom Group Names for Planner

Not sure why Planner placed an upper limit on how many people can be assigned a specific task, but the current max is 11 assigned team members. This creates an issue when the specific task needs to be completed by more people. One option is copy the task so each person has their own task (too time consuming), raise/remove the 11 person limit (seems feasible), or create named groups of people within the given team (more efficient). These team-specific named groups would make assigning tasks in Planner for that team much easier. There would also need to be a way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Connect Planner to the Calendar

It would be nice to use the planner functionalities but assign it to someone and it automatically connect to their calendar.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Viewing Attachments in Planner items

When I have attachments against a Planner item it would be great once I open one, to be able to leaf through the others in the viewer window. It is so old school to have to close and open each individually just to see them - particularly if they are images!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dependency Text box within in planner

Tasks getting added into the planner will have dependencies to other tasks. It will be better to have a dependency box preferably hyper linked to the dependent task

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. @ in Planner Task Checklist & Comments fields

Ability to @ people in a Planner Task Checklist and Comments fields, with notification as setup in Planner settings. Would also be nice to have "Mention" filter to view these items (vs. Assignment)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the ability to tag people in comments on Tasks in planner. Also add the ability to tag people on subtasks in planner.

Add the ability to tag people in comments on Tasks in planner. Also add the ability to tag people on subtasks in planner. Right now it's only possible to tag people on the main task, but when we add subtasks we can't.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase the label limit from 6 to a value defined by the user, would also appreciate if you can assign custom colours.

Increase the label limit from 6 to a value defined by the user, would also appreciate if you can assign custom colours.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base