Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reminder Notification for Planner Tasks

Would like to be able to set reminder date/times on Planner tasks, like for Outlook email or notifications.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

when you remove people from a MS Team their planner audit trail disappears!

Their actions and any tasks they create now say 'former member'. This is a serious problem for archiving and record keeping. Current work around is to remember to export the plan to excel before removing a member

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Task Gantt chart

In the graphs tab please add a (gantt) chart timeline view of tasks that shows when they were added, started and completed. This could be organised by bucket, label, person, etc. It will enable us to see tasks that have been outstanding for a long time and also average time to complete tasks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Order of arrangement of tasks

The feature to be able to arrange tasks based on a number or letter or a particular set order (in accordance with how a user wants the task to be done). Arranging/reordering tasks is very inconvenient and not efficient enough

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members

When assigning a task in Planner to multiple team members add a feature that requires everyone to click "complete" so it stays "Open". It often happens that one person on the assigned task completes their portion of the work and clicks their item - and - the entire task complete. If it were the case that all items in the list within a task must be checked "complete" before the main task can be checked "complete" that would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. multiple members planner

Dear Microsoft,

Related to:
    11424171-assign-tasks-to-multiple-users

This task is not complete to the expectation of Planner users. What is also needed is the ability to assign a single task to be completed by ALL ASSIGNED to the task. For example, I want the members of my leadership team to read a book. Right now if I create that task and one individual completes the task it is complete for all. I need to see each individual complete the task and when all assigned have completed it then the main task is complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color Coded Cards

Allow user to color code the entire card. The current label is far too small to be of any use. Also, make the graphics for Priority and Progress larger. Trello allows users to apply useful covers or graphics to cards for quicker task tracking. Kanbans are visual and should be accessed quickly with colors and images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Group my personal tasks in buckets

We work with Scrum (ToDo - Doing - Done). Currently, you can only group your personal tasks by status. We want to group the tasks according to the buckets of the different planners.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate Planer features also in TEAMS

In Planer Browser Version one is able to download the tasks into an Excel file. This is NOT possible when you open/integrate Planer in a TEAMS Channel. The button "Export plan to Excel" is simply not missing (actually all "..." Features). Would be great if this feature is added to Planer in TEAMS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give Option to personalize content of the left column with personal Apps as needed.

working a lot with Planner for overview i would like it to be always on top of my apps or even better - a starting page.
    It is not posisble to edit the content of the left column ansd/or have more than 6 apps always visible.
    why are 'more added apps' hiding? how to drag them out to the column directly?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a repeating task option for planner in teams.

It is easy to add a task and assign to members of a team with the planner plugin but I don't see any way to make that task a recurring task such as a recurring meeting in outlook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy a Planner Template in MSTeams (Better integration with MSTeams App)

It is needed the availability to create a Plan from an existing Template from MSPlanner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notes preview option without opening up the task item

When you add a task, you are able to add notes in the task item. But it would be nice to hover over the notes item without having to open each task and preview it, again, without having to open each task item. Just hover over the note symbol and have a preview of what was posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Planner add the ability to tag a teammate in the comment section of a task.

The ability to tag (mention) a teammate within a task in Planner to call attention to that specific teammate for updates on the task

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set default 'Group by' option

I like to group my projects by label. Every time I leave the page it converts back to 'Group by Bucket', which is the first 'Group By' option. Allow the user to customize and set a default group option that stays that way.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for "sub tasks" to be dragged and dropped into a governing task.

Allow for more detailed "sub-tasks" that fall within a governing/overarching task to be dragged and dropped into the governing task. In the interface where the governing task is open there would be hyperlinks to the associated subtasks including the task title as the text for the hyperlink.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create an overall view of the tasks that I´ve assigned to others - just like "my tasks"-view

I am involved in many different projects in my organisation and would like to be able to have an overall view of all tasks that I have assigned to other people in my organisation (and status of them).

An "assigned tasks"-view just like the "My tasks"-view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. create planner task from email

Ability to create planner task and/or Task comment from an email.
    have an email link on the planner or bucket.
    Also have an email link in a planner task.

This will allow disconnected updates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner bot

A Planner bot, that you can use to create new tasks to channel's Planner (if there is only one) or to your personal planner tasks.
    This would be awesome, if it could be done in search box @planner add task..

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bucket template in Planner

I would love to have the ability to create a bucket template in the Planner feature. My team has a lot of the same task lists for our assignments and having something that creates our to-do list easier would be really beneficial.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base